Quantcast does anyone fly to disney for 3 days?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default does anyone fly to disney for 3 days?

hi,

dw and are considering flying from canada to the world on may 21 and returning home on the 25th.

we usually do september but hate the stifling heat and humidity

we can only get away for the 3 days in may.
    we usually do beaches and universal but we could just do disney for 3 full days from open to close

would heat be not as bad at that time and what would crowds be like?
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There weather won't be that different compared to September. Late may and early to mid September are pretty close weather-wise.

As for crowds...that weekend is a Star Wars Weekend, which ups crowds, but also gives you something unique to see.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

yes, I was just checking last may temps on this site and see the temps were pretty warm also.

we also considered just waiting until february and doing a whole week instead but are afraid we could have the other extreme and have it too cold.

being from canada where its 10-20 degrees in february it may not seem all that cold.
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

Post Thanks / Like

After we'd been a few times, our trips have often lasted only 3-4 days. We've flown in for less than 48 hours before on a spur-of-the-moment trip. We get so much done that we find it's worth it.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

My experience in May has been that it's still hot and humid (it IS Florida) but that you don't run into quite as much of the "humidity builds all day until it explodes into violent thunderstorm around 5pm" pattern that you get in July, August, and September.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Late May will be as hot. The last 2 years February has been unbelievably cold for Florida. We went last February and we wore our winter coats the whole time. We were the lucky ones who had brought them!

We used to fly in for 3 days all the time. It is definitely worth it, especially if the parks are open later which they should be in May. You'd be surprised how much fun you can cram in in only 3 days at Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what trip # this will be for you. DW and I are flying in from July 13 - 17, roughly the same time as you. This will be close to trip #20 for us, and the first without the kids, so we will be fine. If it was your first or second trip I'd tell you to take more time if possible. It also depends on how much energy you have and lack of sleep you can get away with. Go and enjoy. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We're doing exactly that. We're flying down on May 3rd, and leaving early on May 7th. We did it two years ago, and had a blast. Without kids in tow, we could pick whatever we wanted and just go. Didn't mess with the pools. Didn't have to go back to the hotel for naps after lunch. It was a lot of fun, so we're doing it again.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I've done a 3 day trip- it's busy, you won't relax but you'll have a blast! You won't see eveything but it's very possible to hit alot and of course do the things you like the best.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my 2 minute trip report from last Oct. 27-31.

Worked Tue, flight down Tue night, motel outside the airport. Cab to Dolphin Wed morning, in MK by 9:15 AM, in WS by 1:00 PM, back to room by 10:30 PM. Thur In DHS by 9:30 AM , WS by 1:00 PM, back to room by 10:30 PM. Fri In Epcot FW by 9:05 AM , WS by noon, Boardwalk by 10:00 PM, room by midnight. Sat 11:30 AM lunch at Big River Brew Pub, 1:00 PM towncar back to airport, 4:00 PM flight delayed to 7:00 PM, home by 11:00 PM (should have been 8:00 PM only glitch on the trip.)

Ate 90% or more of my meals at the F&WF kiosks (yes I'm serious.)

Temps and humidity were record highs in the low 90/90 range. I hate heat and humidity but still had a great time.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We went for 2 and 3 day trips in the past

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done it when airfares are/were reasonable. Given airfares that I've seen lately, I'd be unlikely to do such a short trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    We've done it when airfares are/were reasonable. Given airfares that I've seen lately, I'd be unlikely to do such a short trip!
    Really? I hate to fly, but Jet Blue has one way from Newark, NJ to MCO for under $100. I think that’s pretty cheap. It’s making me think about another trip.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We usually have an AP, but save comp tickets, etc for short trips. They are fun, we do them when we can get a deal on airfare. The room usually isn't a problem, it's the tickets.

It's nice to get away for those quick trips, almost more refreshing that a longer vacation during the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Response to Scar!

We just book Jet Blue for October. Unfortunately, their fares went from $89 to $104 to $107. We got the $107 rate, which is still good, but not as great as the $89!! They recently revamped their website and the rates went up right after that.
    12/13 POR
    4/13 POR
    10/12 POR
    2/12 POR
    11/11 POR
    2/11 HHI
    10/10 POR
    2/10 HHI
    1/2010 AKL
    3/09 POR °o°
    2/09 ASMo
    12/07 POR
    2/07 POR
    2/06 POR
    2/05 POR
    1/01 POFQ
    11/99 CBR
    1990 Off-Site
    1986 Off-Site

Post Thanks / Like

Normally our trips are at least a week, but in May my wife and I are hopping down to WDW for a long weekend Anniversary trip, ALONE!!
    For the first time since 1988.
    We are flying in late on a Thursday night and coming back the following Monday.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year, I planned to be there for three days but we just couldn't manage it without adding two days. So we ended up with five days in mid-April, and it was so great we're doing it again this year. I think it's great to consider the short trip, but very hard to keep to it in practice. Five days was great. Three would have been painfully not enough.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

May will most likely be hot, because I remember April being very warm. We've done a 5 day trip and I've vowed to never do that again. Too short for my taste. That's why we are planning on 10 for next year!
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am spoiled living close enough to drive (10 hours), because last night my wife asked me to check into flying down from Chattanooga, Nashville, or Atlanta for 2 or 3 days for 3 people just to see the Christmas decorations, and there is NO WAY I could justify 7- 8- 9 hundred dollars in airfair for 3 days, plus the cost to park the car at the airport, plus the cost of transportation to WDW if we flew into Sanford, and being tired from getting up at the 2am to get to the airport for 1 of those days, and then getting up at 2am again to leave.

I may do it anyway if it's the only we to go at Christmas but it won't be justified.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: