Quantcast bus transpotation from AKV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default bus transpotation from AKV

127 days and count to AKV. McMouse and i are taking our families, pre trip report to come but have a question on transporting to the parks. About how long does it take to get to all the parks and do any of the theme parks share with the water parks?
    Have a zippity doo-da day!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly every bus going to AK stops at Blizzard Beach. Typhoon Lagoon is shared with the DTD buses.

When we stayed at AKL it took about 45 min to 1 hour from the time we left our room until we were entering the parks. Most bus rides were about 20-25 minutes. With the exception of AK, of course.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We're staying at AKV in October. What I've been reading about the buses is that AKV buses have two stops. The first for pick up and drop off is always Kidani Village. And then the 2nd is always Jambo house.

As far as sharing an AKV bus with a water park, I think that would only happen during the day and not at park closing (obviously since the water parks close earlier). But, now with Kidani open, I'm thinking that the AKL/AKV bus doesn't share too much anymore due to the larger AKL/AKV crowd.

That's all my google research has lead me to believe.

Can't wait to hear about your trip.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't stayed at AKL, but have went over to sightsee several times. No matter which park we came from, or where we were going, (with the execption of AK), it took a good 45-60 minutes. For this reason alone, I won't stay there...I don't want to spend 2 hours of my day trying to get to the parks, especially when I spend most of my time at MK and Epcot. Maybe it's better in "off" seasons....

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

This is my bus experience from last week. Note that the miniature golf courses are open late and buses WILL stop there on their runs to and from the resort.

To/From MK: Pick up/Drop-off Kidani first, then Jambo house. Trip is about 20 minutes

To/From Epcot: Pick up/Drop-off Kidani Village, then Jambo House. Trip is about 15 minutes

To/From DHS: Pick up/Drop-off Kidani Village, then Jambo House. Trip is about 10 minutes

To AK: Pickup Kidani Village, then Jambo House. Trip is about 5 minutes.

From AK: Stop at Blizzard Beach, to Kidani Village, then Jambo House. About 15 minutes.

We did not go to DTD, but my guess is Typhoon Lagoon is on the DTD run.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

The above info is correct except for the water parks.

For AKL only, BB is served by the DHS bus. That's because from DAK, BB is the opposite direction from AKL. I think the AKL-DHS bus stops at BB in both directions.

TL is served by the DTD bus, but it only stops going in one direction. From about 9:30 to 11:00 a.m., the TL stop is made on the way to DTD. After about 11 a.m. until TL is empty, the stop is made leaving DTD.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

BigRedDad is right on target with his times.

We stayed in Jambo House in January and at first were very concerned about the travel times to the parks. We had read in different travel books that the times were between 45-60minutes. But we were very pleasantly surprised with the time it took to get around.

I think the longest time we were on a bus was maybe 20 minutes. We were there in January, during the freezing cold spell, so the water parks were not open (or if they were I doubt anyone would have been at them!!).
    12/13 POR
    4/13 POR
    10/12 POR
    2/12 POR
    11/11 POR
    2/11 HHI
    10/10 POR
    2/10 HHI
    1/2010 AKL
    3/09 POR °o°
    2/09 ASMo
    12/07 POR
    2/07 POR
    2/06 POR
    2/05 POR
    1/01 POFQ
    11/99 CBR
    1990 Off-Site
    1986 Off-Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about Jambo House to Kidani Village?!

We are staying at Kidani Village and have a dinner planned at Boma's in Jambo House. Is there any way to get back to the village or do we have to board a bus for an entire loop to and from a park??? (Guess if that's the case we'd just get on an AK bus, yes?)
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candleshoe View Post
    We are staying at Kidani Village and have a dinner planned at Boma's in Jambo House. Is there any way to get back to the village or do we have to board a bus for an entire loop to and from a park??? (Guess if that's the case we'd just get on an AK bus, yes?)
    One of the bus routes ( can't remember which one) goes to Kidani after leaving Jambo House.
    We were just there in January but I am having a brain freeze...
    Also, it is only about a 5 minute walk. It was quite pleasant when we did it, not sure it would be so much fun on one of those hot sticky summer days though.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

The DTD bus carries guests from Jambo House to Kidani Village (load zone 5 at Jambo.) All other buses generally stop at Kidani before Jambo.

But there are exceptions. ALWAYS check with the driver when you're going someplace that's not on the bus' marquee.

And you could go to a park and ride back, but you'd probably have to change buses. Buses rarely go back to the same resort they've come from.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

I find that the maps make everything seem much farther than they are in real life to walk it. I would say to take a pleasant walk from Kidani to Jambo. When you get there you can see how far the walk is. I'd hate to wait for a bus to get to jambo and then sit on a bus for all of 2 seconds.

When we stayed at the Treehouses, we were concerned with the distance from our villa to the main carriage house. My husband and I walked it the first morning to fill our mugs and it was less than 5 minutes. The map made it look like a mile away!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: