Quantcast Epcot Food & Wine Fest Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot Food & Wine Fest Question

Hi All,

My sister and I will be going to the Food & Wine fest for the first time this year! Should we even bother to make a reservation at one of the restaurants, or are there enough counter service/food kiosks for us to fill up on during the day? I know we're going to want to try as many different foods as possible this trip.

Do the restaurants do anything special during this time that we shouldn't miss?

Thanks!
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love to eat tapas style... little servings of all different stuff.

Believe me, you will be fine without a table service meal.

We don't make any dining plans on EPCOT day when we are there for food and wine fest.

we graze literally all day long... or should that be a cow???
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

If you're not on the dining plan and you want to get a variety i'd definitely say don't bother with a table service meal. The table service restaurants don't do anything special for F&WF so you're not missing out on anything extra.

Remember some servings are larger than others. My mom got some rice from Argentina(?) and it was a huge serving. Very filling. I got a scallop with peppers and onions from another pavillion and while it was probably my favorite of the things I ate, the serving was smaller. The Fishermans pie was a large serving item that I got though. The desserts are typically quite sizeable.

My advice is to try and find some pictures of the food served so you have an example and then compare it to your appetite.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

There are usually about 30 booths for F&W serving about 3-4 items each. Unless you want to do a sit-down meal at some point, I don't think you'll tire of the food at the F&W festival. It takes us at least 2-3 days to hit all the booths we're interested in, and we don't eat at all of them. In addition, the counter service restaurants at all of the countries are still available if you want something more substantial but don't feel like having a table service meal. The only thing with the festival is that you do have to eat standing up when it's busy, which it usually is. There just aren't enough benches and extra tables set up to handle the extra crowds. Doesn't bother me though, we love it!

Post Thanks / Like

We always save our snack credits for the booths at Epcot, you can try all sorts of glorious food (beer and wines too) that you normally wouldn't get a chance to taste. We spend at least one afternoon/evening in World showcase. Haven't been in 3 years and are looking forward to our Sept/Oct trip this year. You can usually find a menu from the booths a lttle closer to the festival, so you can see what they are serving.
    Dean

"Scream like a girl" Expedition Everest

Sept. 2005 Caribbean Beach
    Oct... 2005 Animal Kindom Lodge
    Sept. 2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 All Star Music
    May 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2009 All Star Music
    Sept. 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

It's easy to fill up just trying all the samples at each booth. I had to go around twice to let my stomach empty a little so I could try what I missed the first time. It can add up with all the samples you can buy but well worth IMHO.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: