Quantcast Poly Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Poly Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly Question

Is it true that other than the honeymoon suite, there are no king beds at the Polynesian? That is what the front desk told me. If it's true that seems like an awfully bad idea. DW and I spent a couple of nights in the honeymoon suite and loved it on concierge because we basically stayed at the resort the whole time except for a couple hours at MK.

That said, I won't stay there to go to parks (non-concierge) and not have a king bed. I would think many couples without kids would feel the same.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like having a king bed when I travel without the kids, with just my husband. But it's not a deal breaker. We're happy to snuggle in a queen bed. It's harder to manage with a double. But yes, I looked it up on Tikiman's site and he says that the Honeymoon Suite in the Tonga suites building is the only room with a king bed at the Polynesian. I only choose the Poly when I'm with my kids, so no problem for me anyway. When I go with just spouse, we prefer Grand Floridian, and now we're about to try the Yacht Club. But I rarely check for king bed availability at any WDW resort (even though we do spend lots of time at the resort).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Is it true that other than the honeymoon suite, there are no king beds at the Polynesian?
    It's true at the Poly.

That said, I won't stay there to go to parks (non-concierge) and not have a king bed. I would think many couples without kids would feel the same.
    You can book another deluxe resort and request a king bed, but they are limited in the standard rooms and there are no guarantees. It's completely a personal choice, but if the Poly is your preferred resort, you could stay there knowing you'll have a queen bed, or try a resort that you're maybe not as excited about and still end up getting a queen bed.

In all honesty, I think at the deluxes, if a couple really wants a king bed, they book the guaranteed room and probably do spend more time at the resort. When DH and I go to Disney alone, a king bed is a bonus, but not a huge deal if we end up with the two queens.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I bring my own bed.

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we stayed in the 2 bd room princess suite and had 4 queens in the 2 bedrooms. I did look around in Tonga, and only the one room had the King bed Half the time I had a visitor in my bed besides dh, my ds so the three of us in a queen I was glad to be home in my king to say the least
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think this is a mistake. I know that familie with kids make up the majority of Poly guests, but DW and I love the grounds, but a king bed pretty much is a deal breaker for us. Not only do we have more bed space, we have more room space. Oh well....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: