Quantcast Scones???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Scones???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones???

So, working on this "Geezer" trip week after next. (I'll be the junior member of the party at the tender age of 55) It will be a short trip and we are on a pretty tight schedule.
    Had made reservations for Weds afternoon tea at the GF but now I'm thinking I might send my father and DH to the baseball game. Trouble is, my Dad LOVES baseball but he also lived in England and LOVES high tea. I really don't think we could make it to GF another afternoon and Dad said if he had to choose, would opt for the ball game but then followed that with a pleading "Can't we find a cup of tea and a scone somewhere else in WDW or Orlando?" Well I can make him a pretty decent cup of tea that evening back at the resort (Kidani Villas) but is there anywhere else I could buy him a really good scone? Do you think the GF would prepare a "take out" box?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can buy scones to take with you. We did that the last time we had tea at the GF last Dec.
    I am sure you can get as many as you want.

Post Thanks / Like

We went for GF afternoon tea back in October. The hot tea served in Royal Albert china was lovely and just like tea at home, however the sandwiches and pastries were not.
    I would recommend that you choose going to the game over GF afternoon tea and take your own scones to avoid disappointment.
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your helpful input. Baseball it is and I'll bring home a box for
    Dad's dinner!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones and tea

One can buy scones to go.

In fact, a member of my party enjoyed a particular tea so much our last trip, that our server sneaked us some in a take-out box. We were delighted, but it took a little explaining at security outside the Magic Kingdom, why we had a small box of what looked like dried leaves. We had to explain we had been to the GF and not off with our favorite drug dealer instead! The guards laughed when they heard our explaination! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones???

Quote Originally Posted by andreallybadeggs View Post
    "Can't we find a cup of tea and a scone somewhere else in WDW or Orlando?"
    Just an FYI that there is a British tea shop/bakery in Celebration. It is quite authentic and run by a Brit. Another option for your dad.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the name of the shop in Celebration?

And I'm no Brit, but I enjoyed the pastries at the GF tea as much as I have at the British restaurants here in NYC. I guess we need to cross the pond to try the real thing, eh?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones???

Sherlock's - It's on Bloom St and can fulfill the OPs search for tea and scones plus much more.

If anyone would like more info such as directions, links, menu etc I will be more than happy to pm anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to look for Sherlock's next weekend. Next weekend is their annual pie fest and I want to pop into Celebration and by a few pies anyway. Good to know there is a tea place too. We always like the GF tea.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones???

Please let us know about the pie contest. I have watched it on TV and would love to go someday. Have fun and enjoy an authentic English tea time.

Post Thanks / Like

According to both Yelp and TripAdvisor, the Celebration location is now closed and their only location is on Highway 27. Too bad too... I've been planning on spending lots of time in Celebration on our next trip.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones???

I think it may still be there but with a different name. I will check with a friend who lives in Celebration and let you all know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scones???

I think I have solved the mystery:

Sherlock's of Celebration is now Shannon's of Celebration. Shannon's has an afternoon tea and you can get scones with fresh whipped cream and strawberry preserves among other things with your tea.

I think the original poster asked about where to get tea and scones in or out of WDW. If the OP would like to pm me I am more than happy
    to share a link where they can find more tea rooms in the area.

I suggested Celebration because I have been there for tea many times. Now I look forward to trying Shannon's afternoon tea. If anyone gets there before me please post!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: