Quantcast Most impressive Pin Set that you've collected?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most impressive Pin Set that you've collected?

I've got to brag on my wife here.

Last trip (7 days), a few days into it, she had seen a few pins that had a character and a letter on it. We later put together that the letter was the first letter of the character, and that there was an entire set of these.....26 pins in all. So, she started looking for them. She got our two oldest kids to help, and we also found out about the pin boards at the resorts/parks. Anyway, we managed to trade for all 26 pins between Tuesday and Friday. Found the entire set in four days. Not bad!

We also found out that the guys sitting in the transportation info booth at the entrance to the bus depot at the MK have a book of pins, and they're more than willing to look through it to trade with you. We stopped there two or three times, and they had some of the rare ones that we didn't see anywhere else. Just FYI.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom got my DD into pin trading this trip. It is not my thing. My DW and DD enjoy it. So now I will be eBaying to buy pin lots for our next trip. My DD can burn through pins quickly. She only wants Minnie and Daisy.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I think I know the pin collection you are refering to!

We just started pin trading in January. It was so fun! My DD and DH thought I was crazy when I told them what we were going to do, but by the first trade with a CM they were hooked too..it's addicitive...just to warn you.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Back several years ago a special series was made with one for each year since WDW opened. Each years pin is based on a park or ride that opened that year. Well I started a collection with one for each year that I have ever been to WDW beginning with my first trip as a kid at age 3. I had to call my mom from WDW to find out exactly which year a couple trips were. I knew how old I was when we went but my birthday is in the summer and we always went in the summer at various times so I was not sure which year it was...for instance did we go in August after had just turned 15 or was it the following year in June before my 16th birthday. It sort of turned into a family vacation memory discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the complete collection of VMK pins released by Disney Imagineering they paralelled the some virtual pins released released in the game. I have the Tiki Room set, Space Mountain set & Pirates Set. Each pin was limited edition 300.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I have the complete collection of VMK pins released by Disney Imagineering they paralelled the some virtual pins released released in the game. I have the Tiki Room set, Space Mountain set & Pirates Set. Each pin was limited edition 300.
    Oh yeah, I've seen those online. I'm rather tempted to get them. (It makes me sad looking at them though, I miss VMK)

--------------------------------------------------------

I really don't have many 'cool' pins yet, but I really want pins from that one set where it has a tiny part of the ride in it? Piece of History sets?

Post Thanks / Like

I collect a set a year but i found a chip and dale season set and thought i would collect them but i did not know it was a set, then i found a chip and dale ice cream set pin and thought it was a season I was sad it didn't belong to the set when i realized it was different so i found both sets there where four pins each. on top of that mom was trying to find the four Disney fairy pins we finally found the last ones on the day we left we drove my brother crazy.
    Brittany

I Love Disney

been 23 times 24th is coming soon!!:)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sets

I hve all of the trash can pins. I worked hard to get them! I also have all of the ticket attraction pins, all of the carousel pins and the one I was most excited to get is the DVC 9/11 memorial pin. I'm a DVC member and they were sent to us. I will NOT trade that one...it means to much to me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: