Quantcast Just tickets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Just tickets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just tickets

I am going to purchase the 10day tickets with park hopper, water park, and no expiration. I figure they can last me three trips. At a trip every other year, I won't have to buy more tickets for awhile
    here's my question: what will the tickets that they send me look like? Will I easily be able to distinguish between two tickets? At the Disney store, they sell tickets with Mickey or Minnie or goofy etc on them. But they only sell up to 7 days.
    I have written on gift cards already with permanent ink, but it rubs off by the end of the trip.
    I guess I'm just worried I will be sent 'boring' looking tickets.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While I have no idea what mailed tickets look like, if you really wanted to get tickets that looked like those at the Disney Store, you could buy whatever they had for sale at the Disney Store and then upgrade to whatever you actually want to get once you are at WDW for the first time. You would pay the difference when you upgrade.

That way you could get whatever Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/Pluto etc... you wanted.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

But if I did that, I'd have to give them my 7 day Mickey/ Pluto passes in exchange for their 10 day passes, putting me back in the same boat.
    Plus, one reason I want to buy passes now is to avoid future price increases. If I waited until I went down there I would miss that break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    But if I did that, I'd have to give them my 7 day Mickey/ Pluto passes in exchange for their 10 day passes, putting me back in the same boat.
    I have never actually upgraded any tickets, but I never imagined that they would physically exchange anything, just take the actual tickets you have and make them worth more days. I assumed that you would still keep the original media you came with, as long as you were not upgrading to an AP. I could be wrong though.

Plus, one reason I want to buy passes now is to avoid future price increases. If I waited until I went down there I would miss that break.
    This, unfortunately, is true. Unless you will making your next trip prior to August 2010, prices will be going up (August being the month WDW prices typically increase.)
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

When you upgrade a ticket, it's an electronic transaction, not a physical one. In other words, you don't hand in your tickets and receive new tickets ... the cast member simply changes the information stored in the computer database.

Good point about price increases, however.

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney store passes have a maximum of 7 days. I'd be willing to bet I couldn't add 3 more days to them.

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney store passes have a maximum of 7 days. I'd be willing to bet I couldn't add 3 more days to them.
    You will lose that bet.

ANY unused, legimate Disney Magic Your Way ticket that you purchase can be upgraded or added to in any way that's allowed. Whether you buy it at a Disney store or at a DIsney park makes no difference. There is simply no difference between a ticket you buy at one of those places and a ticket you buy at the other.

The DIsney stores keep it simple by only offering a few "flavors" of tickets, but I 100% guarantee you that youy can buy a 7-day ticket at your local Disney store, then at any time during your trip in WDW you can go to a ticket window or to your DIsney resort's Lobby Concierge desk and add 3 days to that ticket for a total of $9 + tax.

100% fact. No opinion here!

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's a bet i'm glad to lose.
    And I assume it would also add 3 more water parks visits, assuming that I had already purchased that option?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, absolutely ... if you upgrade to a 10-day ticket, you will get a total of 10 Water Park Fun & More admissions. And if you hadn't already purchased the Water Park Fun & More option, you could add that on later (while at Disney World), as well.

Also, just FYI, it won't matter when you do the upgrade. You could do it when you first arrive, or you could do it in the middle of your trip, or you could even wait until your ticket is totally exhausted and has no entitlements remaining on it.

The "when" part is totally up to you. It will cost the same no matter when you do it. The only upgrade requirement is that you do it within 14 days of the first time you USE the ticket ... not 14 days from the purchase date, but 14 days from the first time you stick the ticket into any Disney entrance turnstile (theme park, water park, DisneyQuest, etc.).

If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can have them load your ticket info onto your room key, which is known as a Key To The World card. This way, you won't have to carry both a ticket and a room key, you can have it all on the one card. You don't have to do it that way, just thought I'd let you know that you CAN do it that way if you want.

Post Thanks / Like

My MIL got our 10 day park hopper with water park and more no expiration tickets in 2008 from our local MWR (military ticket office) and they had to order them for us so I assume it's the same as ordering from Disney but I could be wrong.

They are not the plastic style tickets but the thicker paper and each has a different character on them. Since she ordered 12 tickets I think I remember their being some duplicates in styles but each individual family was able to different styles for each member of their crew (we got tink, the Incredibles, and then Mickey, Goofy & Donald on the teacups) – now of course 2 years later I am a little vague as to what ticket belongs to who but there are only 3 of us so it shouldn’t take long to figure it out. There is a spot on the back where the cardholder is supposed to sign (wouldn’t it have been nice if we would have done that)

Since we love Fort Wilderness and there usually aren’t package discounts for the campground these are a great investment for us as like you said they will last 3 trips (the more options will probably still be left over for additional future trips)
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We always purchase our tickets online and receive them in the mail. They have always been the hard plastic cards with characters on it. In fact, when we open up the mailbox and the tickets are in there, we make a big deal out of it and open the envelop during dinner that night. We each get to pick our tickets (usually they send different characters - that is, no 2 cards have the same characters.) and write our names on them in permanent marker. By the time we get to the parks, that marker is PERMANENT AND WON'T COME OFF FOR NOTHING!!!

Have fun!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to purchase the 10day tickets with park hopper, water park, and no expiration. I figure they can last me three trips. At a trip every other year, I won't have to buy more tickets for awhile
    here's my question: what will the tickets that they send me look like? Will I easily be able to distinguish between two tickets? At the Disney store, they sell tickets with Mickey or Minnie or goofy etc on them. But they only sell up to 7 days.
    I have written on gift cards already with permanent ink, but it rubs off by the end of the trip.
    We do the same thing with purchasing the days in advance. It works out great for our family! Have you looked into the Official Ticket Center? This is where we ordered from last year. We ordered 4 tickets and when we received them they were the plastic, character ones (different characters).
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: