Quantcast Shipping Box to Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Shipping Box to Resort

We are going in mid-May and staying at the BCVs. We will be arriving on Sat., 5/8 and I would like to ship a box to the resort (to stock our newly owned OL) so if any of you could give me any advice on the best way to do this and any other helpful info I would really appreciate it. I understand that if you ship to certain resorts (and I think BC is one of them), your package is held at the Business Center and a fee is charged. I am clueless as to what this is or where this is and the hours of operation. TIA for any information!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping

We ship a box every time we go, the last 2 were Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach, both allowed us to ship a week or so ahead, and we let them know we had a box when we checked in. They delivered it to our room, there was no fee either time. I did call and check both times and let them know it was coming, so they could put a note on our reservation! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Label the heck out of your box! I put our name, reservation dates and resort on every side of the box which the CR convention center said was very helpful in locating and keeping track of it (we stayed at BLT but had to ship the box to CR).

Also, if you're planning on sending stuff home again in that box, pre-print some mailing labels and don't forget to pack some packing tape (the kind that tears without scissors is nice) in the box before you ship it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! Forgot to mention that the CR conference center charged us $10/box that was shipped to get them out of hock. Apparently most of the resorts are planning on going to this as people are sending more boxes before their arrival as the airlines increase their rates for baggage.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently most of the resorts are planning on going to this as people are sending more boxes before their arrival as the airlines increase their rates for baggage.
    I'm curious - did the CMs from the resort tell you this, or was this from personal observation? It's been somewhat typical for the "convention resorts" (such as CR, CS, BC, Dolphin/Swan) to charge these rates for some time. The O/P even commented about this in their post. We've sent packages to the WL for 4 years running, and have never had to pay the package surcharge. I send boxes to all shapes & sizes of resorts around the country weekly for trade shows & seminars, and some of them charge anywhere from $10 (Disney Resorts-CS @ Disney World & The Disney Hotel at DL) to $25 (Marriott Grand Marquis NY) to receive a package which needs to be picked up at the business center.

Usually it's commented on for the convention-type resorts here on the boards. Many have recently shipped cases of water & haven't been charged at "non-convention resorts", and grocery delivery isn't charged either. The responses from the folks who work at Disney here have been that it all depends on the union/non-union members who actually receive the package are. Any comments from folks in the "know"? I don't want to create a situation where everyone thinks they're going to be charged an extra $10+ for shipping a box down, so I want to ensure we get the facts here. Thanks for your responses!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know more too. We are staying at BCV in Sept and will be sending a package with baby supplies. We did the same thing 2 yrs ago at POR and did not pay a fee. I know things may have changed between then and now. Anyone know for sure?
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ship to Poly

We have shipped directly to Poly at least the last the last 4 years and received no surcharge. We label the package with our name/ressie # and the package is in our room at check in. We've never had a problem. Also do like suggested above and include in that package a return label & packing tape.
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

The person I spoke to in the convention center when I picked up the package said they would be starting to charge at the other resorts, but wouldn't say when they would start charging when I asked for a date. I would suppose that she tells a lot of people that to make them less agitated about paying the fee??

Post Thanks / Like

I just called boardwalk in

CM said there is no charge what so ever to ship a package down ahead of our arrival.... that was as of 3:10PM est on 6/27/11

I am planning on sending a care package of OTC meds, shampoo, conditioner, ponchos and stuff like that
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I have shipped to the BC and been charged for it, but I don't remember the cost. We labeled the box like crazy and it was confirmed to be there when we checked in. It actually arrived to the room before our bags! If you call, they will tell you exactly how to label the box.

I am not sure about charges to any other resorts.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I shipped a box about 6 days ahead of time and it arrived to the CBR with no problems. I packed a ton of stuff and went through fed ex and it was only $14. That is my only tip.. and I gained it through intercot! Go through Fed Ex not the postal service... those flat rate boxes are a joke! Our box arrived a couple days before we got there and we did not get charged a fee as far as I know... and they brought it to our room after we checked in.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I shipped a box about 6 days ahead of time and it arrived to the CBR with no problems. I packed a ton of stuff and went through fed ex and it was only $14. That is my only tip.. and I gained it through intercot! Go through Fed Ex not the postal service... those flat rate boxes are a joke! Our box arrived a couple days before we got there and we did not get charged a fee as far as I know... and they brought it to our room after we checked in.
    how much did the box weigh and was it a large like uhaul box type?

Could you shed some light on the type of things you sent down there in it? I am just really gathering all the info I can about this as its all very new to me.

I am going through non-driving down there withdrawals and its still 6 months away haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    how much did the box weigh and was it a large like uhaul box type?

Could you shed some light on the type of things you sent down there in it? I am just really gathering all the info I can about this as its all very new to me.

I am going through non-driving down there withdrawals and its still 6 months away haha
    Honeymoon - think of some of the surprises you want for new DW & go from there. Since you don't have a child yet, your list will be a bit different than ours.

We typically ship all of our dry breakfast foods & snacks, various disposable toiletries wrapped well, hangers for clothes, garbage/ziploc bags for dirty laundry, extra batteries for mist fans/cameras/etc and other items that we know we won't be taking back with us. Our box typically weighs 20-25 pounds & is not really close to the size of a U-Haul box - guessing here as I don't have my previous shipping airbills available, but perhaps a 25" square? We used to use bubble wrap to protect - now we just line the box with extra clean sox for padding.

It was a very unpleasant surprise last trip when WL would not accept our return box home for the first time ever. We were told that we would have to take it to a convention center shipping site during regular business hours - which meant we had to do a major shift in our repacking, unless we wanted to waste some significant time our last day taking the shipped box to CR or Poly, the closest resorts to us. My suggestion would be to ship down mostly what you do not intend to bring back, and pay the fee for Disney to ship your souvenirs home when you purchase them if there is more than a handful; i.e., they are responsible for breakage & will replace what doesn't make it home ok. Been through this many a time now!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how much the box weighed but it was about 16 inches wide and 14 inches tall... I would say maybe the box was.... 11 pounds??? I put about 35 diapers, about 4 or 5 boxes of snacks (fish crackers, gummies, muffins, etc) 3 packs of ponchoes... some meds, plastic ware, toothbrushes, disposable placemats, a whole box of cheerios, sunscreen, ... I can't even remember but I do remember thinking that it was so much cheaper than I thought it would be. It wasn't too hard... just take it to fed ex and they will make it easy for you!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaChan View Post
    I have no idea how much the box weighed but it was about 16 inches wide and 14 inches tall... I would say maybe the box was.... 11 pounds??? I put about 35 diapers, about 4 or 5 boxes of snacks (fish crackers, gummies, muffins, etc) 3 packs of ponchoes... some meds, plastic ware, toothbrushes, disposable placemats, a whole box of cheerios, sunscreen, ... I can't even remember but I do remember thinking that it was so much cheaper than I thought it would be. It wasn't too hard... just take it to fed ex and they will make it easy for you!
    Perfect, I will definitely keep fedex in mind while shipping. There is a location close to my house i can take the box to as well.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: