Quantcast Cure for WDW fever???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cure for WDW fever???

This weekend both my wife and I have gone down hard with a case of WDW fever.

It is just beginning to warm up a little outside and we just recieved a new planning DVD from Disney. Yesterday we sat and watched almost all of our WDW videos and vacation movies, we were singing attraction theme songs all day, we pulled out maps and looked through imagineer field guides. But still the fever will not break!!!

It has been 7 months since our last trip and we made a vow to try to go a full year without going so we could focus some money elsewhere. Does anyone have a home remedy for WDW fever???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the videos on www.youtube.com/disneyparks
    We also will choose a recipe from WDW and have that. Also planning your next trip is alot of fun, even if you haven't booked it yet, you can still use all the resourses online to plan what you will do when you finally get there.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Watching WDW videos and listening to attraction music helps me
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Search Disney videos on youtube. You can most likely ride the rides while sitting at your computer. My favorite videos to look for on youtube are surprise trips to Disney. Watching parents tell their kids they are going to the parks always makes me happy
    I also always head to the bookstore and check to see if there are any new books out on the parks or magazines with Disney articles. Listen to music from the parks etc. Look up stuff on the computer on Disney Anything to keep yourself Disney busy
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

There is no cure. It just gets worse. We first started going once a year, but now we have to go 4-5 times a year just to get a fix.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

The only cure is to...

...make a trip to Walt Disney World!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I awoke this morining with a bad case of "fever". I had a suprise trip planned this past weekend to take my wife and son up to the world, but we both came down with the flu starting Thursday and had to cancel. Hopefully we will make it next weekend!
    So to quench my "fever", I get up early and start reading the boards here on Intercot. It always puts me in a better mood and cures my illness!!
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

no home remedies really work...because the remedies all involve things that tend to put disney at the forefront of your mind (like listening to theme park music, watching park videos, etc). The only way to cure it is to go....but even then the cure only lasts as long as the trip and then it comes back soon after arriving at home. My best advice is to simply learn to live with it.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

ARGH! I feel you! We had our trip back in January. Although it was DEVINE to leave cold, snowy Tennessee and spend a week in warm sunny Florida, and would definitely go back in January again...seems weird with the warm weather coming to have my trip DONE instead of in planning mode. I missed buying beach towels, flip flops and tank tops!

I'm just trying to do what Mickey says...take the dream with me where ever I go!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

my twin and i get this all the time and its worse because we live in Scotland so it really is a once a year thing. counting Disney toppers on the car helps and of course Disney penance. whenever someone says something negative or the like, the other twin (in this case) makes them pay a disney penance. Things like name the first five rides you want to go in MK or top three Epcot restaurants. You can make it really easy or really hard, my sister makes me name rides as there are a few that I have a real memory block with Spaceship Earth for example or Mission Space (otherwise known as the gary sinise ride)
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

we play a game called "guess the ride" and sent pictures of different rides and locations of the park off of google earth to each other, but I will say that it just made it worse!
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    we play a game called "guess the ride" and sent pictures of different rides and locations of the park off of google earth to each other, but I will say that it just made it worse!
    lol, that sounds fun, but it would make me miss it worse too
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

We got the fever as soon as we got home in January, we just started planning the next trip. It really does give you something to focus on.

My DD pulled out her laptop last weekend and we found "A Cowboy Need a Horse" and "The Three Caballor's" cartoons on YouTube that they play in the resorts...it was a great fix.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

The only fix I have found so far, is planning the next trip. Anything else only makes it worse!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaredkari View Post
    This weekend both my wife and I have gone down hard with a case of WDW fever.

It is just beginning to warm up a little outside and we just recieved a new planning DVD from Disney. Yesterday we sat and watched almost all of our WDW videos and vacation movies, we were singing attraction theme songs all day, we pulled out maps and looked through imagineer field guides. But still the fever will not break!!!

It has been 7 months since our last trip and we made a vow to try to go a full year without going so we could focus some money elsewhere. Does anyone have a home remedy for WDW fever???
    The only remedy that I can say will work 100% is to forget your vow of waiting a full year without going to WDW, and go! What better way to get rid of WDW fever then to be at WDW.

Sorry, I know you were hoping for some advice that would keep you out of the park, but I just can't give that kind of advice, it goes against my Disney World Obsessive Nature
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: