Quantcast Day 6, Thursday 1/28, CBR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 6, Thursday 1/28, CBR

Tom – husband and dad, and up way too early!
    Me (Amy) – 38, mom and planner
    Jacob – 11, very surprised kid

Day 6 was decidedly unglamorous as Jacob and I stayed in the room all morning doing work. Although Jacob had been doing his homework here and there, he had a writing assignment that required a significant block of time. I also needed some concentrated time to finish an assignment. The last thing I wanted was for Tom to hang around and continually ask us if we were ready to go, so he went off to MK with my complete blessing. We made plans to meet up with him at 2 pm at City Hall.

Jacob and I finished our work and made it to MK by 2 pm. Tom had a nice time wandering MK on his own. He rode Big Thunder Mountain a couple of times in a row, saw the updated Hall of President, and rode Haunted Mansion. He also enjoyed his burger at Pecos Bill.

We decided to start our afternoon in Adventure Land. Once again, the park was not at all crowded. We wanted to grab fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise, but the line was so short they weren’t handing them out. We walked on. The jokes were, of course, terrible! We assumed that if we wanted to fastpass Big Thunder Mountain, the return window would not be much later, and we were right. On our way to get the fastpasses we stopped at the end of the parade route where cast members were handing out hula hoops to the kids waiting for the parade. Jacob is an adept hula hooper, so we had to stop while he showed his moves.

While we were waiting for the fastpass window, we walked on Pirates of the Caribbean. In fact, we walked on very slowly, but only because we didn’t want to share a boat with the video camera toting guy in front of us. I could hear that English was not his first language, and I figured he would be oblivious to the annoying video screen on his camera. The ride operator saw me hanging back and understood why, so the couple in front of us got their own boat and we had an annoyance free ride.

Tom mentioned that he had seen Captain Jack Sparrow in a show earlier in the day. He was amazed at how closely the cast member resembled Johnny Depp. We asked in the gift shop if there was another show coming up and there was! We only had to wait 10 minutes or so. Although we waited in the front row, Tom and I let kids go in front of us when the show started. I was also amazed. Not only did the cast member look like Johnny Depp, but his mannerisms and voice were exactly copied also! I took lots of pictures. Jacob was picked to go up on the stage and received an honorary pirate certificate. It was a fun show.

We meandered toward Big Thunder Mountain, and you have to meander when hunting elusive new Goofy pins. The parade had come and gone by this point, and the area was not very congested. Although there was a 30 minute wait posted for Big Thunder, the ride was another walk-on. The people entering the stand-by line made it to the end of the line just before us. So much for fast passes! But we were just happy the lines were so short!

I was excited to experience the Hall of Presidents, since I hadn’t yet seen the updated version. It was even better than I remembered. I get misty eyed every time I see it.

Since Jacob and I hadn’t eaten since a late breakfast, we were getting a bit hungry. But there was time to be Haunted one more time at the Mansion. I had wanted to try the Columbia Harbor House since our first trip, but this is the first time we actually ate there. I ordered the fish and chips, while Jacob had the fried shrimp. Tom ordered the hummus sandwich, of all things. I said, “I didn’t know you like hummus.” He replied, “I don’t know either. I’ve never had it before.” I don’t know if he totally loved it, but he didn’t complain. Jacob and I were very satisfied with our picks.

We walked into Fantasy Land. Peter Pan, as always, had a freakishly long line. Jacob wanted to check Toon Town for Goofy pins, so we ended the night with a ride on Goofy’s Barnstormer, a quick scan of the gift shop, and a train ride to Main Street.
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You continue to move at a relaxed pace but you're packing in a surprisingly amount within the time you're spending in the parks!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Drag to start the day with homework, but at least both of you had work to do so it wasn't so bad. Another wonderful touring day with low crowds, great attractions & Captain Jack to boot.

Columbia Harbour House has always been one of our favorite CS restaurants - glad you enjoyed it, too!

For getting such a late start, you sure were able to have a good time today!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

glad you guys were able to get a chunk of your work out of the way today!
    sounds like you all had a great day though once you were all at the magic kingdom!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

You sure got a lot in for getting to the park so very late! Amazing! Thanks for the report!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a great example you set for Jacob in getting your work done before going to play. And yes, you got a lot done despite the late start!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

A good time in the Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Sounds as if things are working out quite well for your family on this trip, assignments completed and you were still abe to hit a majority of attractions! In regards to Peter Pan...why are the lines always so darn long?
    Fantasyland can be near empty till you get to Pan then you'll always find a line!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: