Quantcast Tommy's Birthday Day 6 - finally

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy's Birthday Day 6 - finally

Well I have been busy -or keep telling myself I am- and have put this off too long. Hopefully I can remember some of the details as our last two days were the best of the trip!

1/28 Epcot/MK

Well today was originally supposed to be another Animal Kingdom morning. We even had Donald's Safari ADRs. But after talking with the kids we all decided that we wanted to go back to Epcot today! So we canceled the ADR and instead got in for breakfast at Whispering Canyon. We all loved this place! It was empty except for maybe 5 other tables so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Loved the breakfast skillet, and DS & I loved the chocolate milkshakes for breakfast Afterwards we took our time and walked around the resort for a little while. Today was going to be an EASY day I told everyone. We finally caught Fire Rock Geyser going off and made our way to the bus stop by 9:10. The bus ended up being pretty full, our only morning one of the whole trip. But this was the last crowd we saw today. Even though we missed rope drop, there was no wait at Soarin so we got FP and walked on. The kids both loved this ride a lot and I'm glad we were able to do it a couple more times. We then headed over to Nemo again. No need to see Crush again, so this time we let the kids explore the undersea world. We caught the dolphin presentation and the kids really liked this. And of course the obligatory pictures inside Bruce's jaws...

We then headed off to the Imagination pavilion. DS wanted to play in the jumping fountains, so we picked up a couple icees at the stand and let them go! On the way out we grabbed a Kim Possible ticket for 11am at Italy. DS was VERY upset he didn't get to do his "mission" the first day so we made this a priority. We rode TT again and grabbed another FP set.

On to World Showcase. We didn't really get to tour the countries our first day so this was the focus today. We took lots of pictures around the countries and met many characters. In France we met Aurora and Marie the cat from the Aristocats. The kids loved this and even DS wanted in this picture. We then used some snack credits at the Boulangerie Patisserie for a cookie and almond croissant which was very good.

In Morocco we met Jasmine and Aladdin. Great pics of DS hiding behind a trash can from Jasmin...

In Italy we picked up our "Kimmunicator" and found out our mission was back in Japan. So we headed back that way and put on our secret agent hats. The Kim Possible mission was actually great fun for all of us, to my surprise. I never really thought it would be so cool, and all the little things we triggered along the way made DS have a great time. I definitely recommend doing this if you have the time one day. We could have done this all day long if DS had his way! While doing the mission, we caught some of Miyuki's candy show. She made a cool unicorn and a monkey before DS drug me away to continue the mission...

While passing through America, the Fife & Drum group were performing. They asked kids to come up and help with the Pledge of Allegiance, and both actually did it very well. I was proud of them and now it was on to Germany. Here we met Snow White, and let me tell you, if this wasn't the real Snow White then she doesn't exist. Her voice was spot on and she looked just like her. I know, I know, of course it was really Snow White... But you know, sometimes the princesses have bad hair days and may not look exactly like themselves...

In China we met Mulan who was great with DD. She even gave her a kiss on the cheek and left a perfect lipstick kiss as a souvenir. I wanted one too...

In Mexico we split up again. DD & DW wanted to meet Donald (of the Three Caballeros) and DS & I went on another mission inside the pyramid. This one was even better than the first, and we caught several people looking at the stuff going on wondering how it happened. I laughed when people came running over to see the talking parrot in the cage, but it stopped talking when we walked away... hmmm We then rode the boat ride with the Three Caballeros. This was cute and I like the current version much more than the original.

We wanted to take a break today so we decided to head towards the exit. Time for one more ride... The kids chose TT over Soarin surprisingly, so we did that while DW hit Mouse Gears for some souvenirs. On the way out we gave our Soarin FPs to a young couple with their DS who were just getting there. I love making someone's day like that.

After a quick swim it was off to the Polynesian for dinner at Kona. Here we met up with another family from our hometown (purely coincidence too) who had an ADR 5 minutes after us. After a simple request we found out they were able to seat us all together and the kids all split up. WOW, we should have dined with them all week. The kids were all so behaved and we actually got to have grown up conversation for once! Afterwards we talked them into going to the MK for the last hour. Since they were leaving the next day their girls wanted to go ride a couple more rides so on to MK we went!

As we came in the gates Spectro was just starting so we scurried around the outside and down through the Main Street shops. In no time we were on the Tea Cups with me and 4 kids who wanted to really go fast... I usually love going fast, but daddy had a couple Mai Tais with dinner (we were in the South Pacific after all...) and fast spinning was not good. Not good at all. But I survived and it was then on to BTMRR. After a brisk walk all the way across the MK I was sweating since I had my 3yo DD on my shoulders. But it proved to be well worth it! We walked on Big Thunder about 9 times in a row. Obviously you all know by now that this is my favorite ride, so I had a blast. Everyone loved riding it at night and said it was so cool! We tried racing to PotC before the park closed. Somehow they completely missed this ride and I said, you can't come to WDW without riding Pirates! Apparently you can, because right as we got there the CMs told us they just closed it. I was a little miffed since it wasn't even 8 yet, but I kept my mouth shut. No use getting upset about such a little thing.
    We then hustled out and beat the Wishes crowd out of MK. We said goodbye and wished them a safe trip home, they went to their bus and we hit the boat. I really enjoy the night time boat back to WL, it was just a perfect way to end the day.

Notes: Kim Possible mission was really great and much better than I anticipated. We will definitely do this again and will try to do several more countries. WDW was a lot more fun with friends. I wish we could go with more people in the future, maybe not the whole time, but at least meet up occasionally (I like to do my own thing too much). The Kileaua Torte from Kona was the best dessert of the week, awesome. I loved knowing I had one more day in the magic when I saw our friends walking back to pack. Is that wrong?

Thanks for reading. This day was actually exactly two weeks ago, but I remember every detail still. WDW has a way of doing that for you.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I mentioned it in my TR, but we did Kim Possible in WS on Monday 1/23 and my 11 yo dd loved it. Like you, I was fascinated by all the displays we initiated with our "Kimmunicator." I was also suprised to learn that this was free. For some reason, I thought there was an extra charge. We would definitely do this again. We actually got busy and when we went to turn in our unit, the Kiosk was closed. We checked with a nearby cast member and they instructed us to take it to the shop at the entrance to WS, so we just dropped it off on our walk back to the BCV, very easy!
    95 - All Star Sports
    97 - Dixie Landings
    99 & 02 - WL
    04 - Poly/Disney Wonder
    04 - All Star Movies
    05 - DL Paris
    05 - WLV,1st trip as DVC Member
    06-VWL
    07 - BCV & SSR
    08 - AKL/ Wonder
    09 - BCV
    10 - BCV, SSR
    11 - Disney Drea,
    12 - HHI & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous day! Fun has a great way of happening when you step back and let it find you!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

...and this was taking it "easy"....the WDW way
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

One of our "can't miss" attractions this last trip was the Kim Possible Missions. Even though none of us were well versed with the characters, we had a BLAST!

After watching one of Samantha Brown's specials, DS' other goal was Miyuki this past June. He was so enthralled by what she could do, her accent and how someone could be such an incredible artisan with candy that we watched the whole show. Imagine DS' surprise when he was the last one chosen to make a figure for! He chose a cobra, and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Hey - anything can happen at Epcot!

What a great coincidence that you met up with your hometown friends - and had a great time showing them "your" Disney.

Our favorite way to close out the evening at MK is the boat ride back "home". In four years, we've never taken the bus, just because we love the atmosphere of the boat so much.

I sure am going to miss your reports when your trip comes to an end!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I love those Disney days where you have some room to be spontaneous.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Enjoyed your report once again! It's amazing how the attractions seem to empty during Spectro, gladyou were able to ride your favorite attraction so many times.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: