Quantcast most romantic thing ever done for you

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default most romantic thing ever done for you

With Valentines day only a few days away I am wanting to ask what is the most romantic thing that was ever done for you?
    For me it was one day when I was at work and called home for some IBprofren. When my dd brought it to me all of the pills were broken in half. I asked my dd why and she said dad did it because he knows you have a hard time swallowing them whole. WOW!! It just made me cry that he would be so thoughtful. We have been married for 26 years and this was better then all the flowers, jewelry etc.
    But after thinking about it, he has been that way all along even when I dont deserve it. So on this Valentines I am so very greatful to have him in my life. Thanks everyone. I cant wait to read your stories.
    TRACEY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading your story...so sweet.

My DH is always doing little things, but I think the best was last August when he asked me if I wanted to go to WDW for our 20th Ann. after we had decided we couldn't afford the trip that year. We had a wonderful time! He even wore the button the whole trip
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

When I was first diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I couldn't close my hands to hold either a hairbrush or a hairdryer (or a toothbrush or a fork or anything else for that matter....). My DH told me that he would get up and try to do my hair for me every morning.

It's the sweetest thing he's ever said to me (and we've been together FOREVER)... I did however, decline his offer, cuz I wasn't that desperate!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be a bartender at a sports bar and came home late, tired and exhusted. One night after my shift I came home to find rose peatles from my doorway all the way to my bed and he made a big heart and spelled out I LOVE YOU with them.

The roses he did them with have a seprate story. I bought my 1st condo and on the back porch was this HUGE ugly pot with what looked like dead weeds in it. When I met my DH he came over one day and told me he thought it may have been roses at one time (my all time fav flower). I live right outside of New Orleans and Katrina wiped out my house. The ONLY thing that made it was this big ugly pot! My Dh took it to our new house gave it some TLC and now every year it blooms 100's of roses!!!
    Jennifer
    Princess Mallorie's Mommy

Many times as a little girl
    2001- off-site
    2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    2007- Pop Century (came back with the best souvenir !!!!!!)
    2008- Put on hold for new baby, born 10/02/08!
    2010-Coronado Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

My husband does a lot of thoughtful little things for me every day, but as far as romantic gestures one memory stands out in particular. He knows that I am a pretty low-key person about special occasions (I tease him that he lucked out with a wife that doesn't need or want a ton of jewelry or other high-ticket items). So one anniversary we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and when they brought out the fortune cookies at the end they were each stuffed with a little note that relayed a special moment in our lives. Turns out he had typed them all up, stuffed them into the fortune cookies and secretly asked our server to give them to me at the appropriate time. That was so special to me!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

She said "I do."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    My husband does a lot of thoughtful little things for me every day, but as far as romantic gestures one memory stands out in particular. He knows that I am a pretty low-key person about special occasions (I tease him that he lucked out with a wife that doesn't need or want a ton of jewelry or other high-ticket items). So one anniversary we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and when they brought out the fortune cookies at the end they were each stuffed with a little note that relayed a special moment in our lives. Turns out he had typed them all up, stuffed them into the fortune cookies and secretly asked our server to give them to me at the appropriate time. That was so special to me!
    that is the cutest and sweetedt idea ever!!!
    i dont think my hubby would ever be that creative..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Although there have been a few good ones, my room filled with 380 balloons for my 38th Birthday always comes to mind when that question is asked.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

My dh built me (for not apparent occasion) a shelf unit just for my shoes (dubbed the shoe palace). It has a number of shelves with height tiered to my highest heels (he measured) space at the top for boxes and at the bottom for purses. How thoughtful is that?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I am loving all the replies. There are alot of creative people out there. It is also funny how everyones opinion of what is romantic is different. I can't wait to read more.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

When we were newly dating, instead of taking me out for Valentine's Day my now-DH built a cafe in his living room (actually made a whole little structure, put a table in it, and had one wall be a video screen for a rotating series of travel photos) and served a special homemade dinner. I had said that I wasn't interested in going out, but I sure wasn't expecting that!
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't sound very romatic, but my husband went all out once and bought me some very beautiful diamond stud earrings. I had been talking about them but I never expected to get some let alone the size bought me. I would never spend that much on something just for me, so it was very special. Another time, he attempted ot make me my favorite dessert-chocolate souffle. He never cooks or bakes. It did't turn out but he tried. It was nice that he wanted to do that for me.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Waking up and getting a crying baby, feeding, changing and playing and singing to him while he let me sleep! then cooking breakfast for all of us.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Fred's done some romantic things over the years...

Carriage ride in Central Park when he asked me to marry him.

Big Disney trip in March 2009 for my 40th Birthday, which did not turn out so great, as I got really sick with high fever and the works...
    On the flight home, I was looking very sad and still very sick...Fred said to me. It's OK, I know it wasn't a great vacation for you, so we'll go again in December OK. That was a very sweet moment.

Happy Valentine's Day!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    Waking up and getting a crying baby, feeding, changing and playing and singing to him while he let me sleep! then cooking breakfast for all of us.
    My DH is this way as well, I am very blessed to have him, as is our 3 boys.

Hmmm, let me think...

When he put my Disney people on my back windshield for me while I was taking a nap.

When he bought me battery heated socks b/c I am always cold.

When he told me that he didn't care if our Autistic son lived with us forever (he's only 2, I was being a little dramatic at that time). He said, "That's fine, Adam can just go to Disney with us every year, it will just be the three of us."

When he almost broke down the door when I was having a spinal for our last baby and it took way too long.

When he sends me emails with love when he knows I am having a bad day.

He does so many special things every day I have forgotten way more than I could ever remember.

What lucky ducks we all are!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it might not sound like the definition of "romantic" to some, but mine has become the little things that let me know he loves me the day to day...

I came home from work one day, and found my boyfriend installing a shelf next to my kitchen window with the plants he had brought over for me.

I work two jobs and got called in one Saturday early to my part time job. I was frustrated because I had planned to vacuum and wash the dishes before I left for work. My boyfriend (who does not live with me) knew I was frustrated, so he came back before I got out of work and vacuumed and did the dishes for me because he knew it would make me smile.

It's the things like that that he does specifically because he knows that they'll make me happy that I find to be the most romantic. Don't get me wrong, big gestures are fun too...But I prefer the little things.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

A boyfriend once RAN to and from my house in an actual blizzard just to tell me he loved me, something straight out of a movie. I had no idea he was doing it. Not to mention, he lived a 10 minute drive away. That was back in high school before either one of us could drive, it is cute now when I think about it haha.

My current boyfriend always does the little things that I find romantic. Like one time when I was really sick and he brought me over all different kind of cold medicine and tissues without me asking. Or when he stocked his fridge with all drinks and food I like. Just dumb little things like that, that make me love him more.

As for romantic gestures I have done for someone else, last year for Valentine's Day I gave my DBF a small jar filled with 365 reasons why I loved him. He seemed to really like it and boy is it hard to think about 365 things.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

One day a few years back, another girl and I were talking about the whole "Star Registry" thing and how nice it would be to have a star named after you. Our boyfriends started ragging on us, saying that the whole thing is a scam, nobody owns the stars, and it's just a moneymaking scheme. While this may be true, us ladies felt slightly offended by their lack of romanticism so to speak. Valentines day came shortly thereafter and what do I receive? A piece of paper with a hand drawn Sagittarius constellation (My sign) with an arrow pointing to one of the stars saying "Maryanne's Star," and stating that this star has been named after me in the "Morrison Star Registry" (His last name). I burst out laughing and I just thought it was a sweet, funny, and romantic moment, and really a great example of the type of relationship we have.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a boyfriend once who was abroad for valentine's day, so he sent me flowers and chocolate via one of those delivery services. I did so not expect that and I thought it was very romantic considering that he couldn't be here.

Post Thanks / Like

A boyfriend in high school knew I loved the color pink, so he brought me to his house and he had filled the formal dining room with lots of pink things--there was the traditional roses and a box of candy, but then he got random things too like a lint brush.

May seem weird, but it was really, really sweet.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: