Quantcast Tommy's Birthday Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy's Birthday Day 2

First off, thank you to all for the kind words on the first trip report and for the birthday wishes! I love INTERCOT for this reason, although none of us have ever met (probably not anyways...) I feel like I know so many of you!

On with the show!

Cast:
    Me (Tommy)
    DW 31
    DS 7
    DD 3

1/24 Tommy's 33rd Birthday!
    I woke up bright and early to birds singing and the sun preparing to come up over Bay Lake. DD sat right up and said "Hi Daddy!" I gave her a kiss and turned on the "Must Do's" for her and hurried up and got myself ready. I ran over to pick up some breakfast for us to share from Roaring Forks and then we were off to the bus stop at 8am. We waited approximately 30 seconds for a bus, and were the only ones on it. For the next 40 minutes we hung out in front of the Mickey floral towards the right side. This would be our first opening ceremony and we loved it. We talked with another family there and ended up running into them at least 3 more times throughout the week. After Mickey and the gang opened the gates (and after we picked up some ribbons for souvenirs) we were off on our way to Space Mountain!
    I grabbed some fastpasses for Buzz and then we did the child swap at SM. DS rode it for the first time and wasn't sure what to think afterwards. A little too rough for him, but he rode it again later in the week so not too bad I suppose! When we got off I saw DW and DD waiting for us at the exit and DD was bawling. Apparently she wanted to ride too and had cried from the moment we walked away. We talked to her about not being able to ride some rides before we left, but this one got her for some reason. We didn't have any problems the rest of the week though!
    While DW rode SM, I took the kiddos on Buzz. Then we met up at Astro Orbiter and all rode together. DW is afraid of heights like this, but did very good, I'm so proud of her! This proved to be the only line we stood in all day, as the remainder of the rides were either walk ons, or less than a 5 minute wait!
    We did Tea Cups and Pooh, then I ran (and I mean I was sweating by the time I got back) over to BTMRR to get our next fastpasses and good thing too, because with Splash closed the standby line was already 50 minutes by 9:45. I met up with them at Peter Pan, then we rode Haunted Mansion, Magic Carpets, POTC, JC and BTMRR all by 11am. Hard to believe we did all of this so quickly. We then saw PhilharMagic, split an ice cream cookie from Sleepy Hollow and hit POTC again. Then another Haunted Mansion trip (did I mention this was DD3's facorite?) and back to Tomorrowland to use Buzz FP. Right about the time we passed Stitch the sky opened up and it rained HARD. For 30 seconds. I didn't even have the ponchos out and the sun was already shining again. Gotta love FL weather!
    We left MK by boat around 1pm and hit the pool over at WL. DS loved the slide and would have gone again and again if I let him.
    After a nice break we headed to DHS for Fantasmic! We had 4pm ADRs at Hollywood & Vine with the F! package. After dinner we had some time so we hit Star Tours and took LOTS of pics around the Star Wars set area. DS is a huge Star Wars fan and loved this. We then headed over to our reserved spots for F! about 50 minutes early. Glad we had the package since the seats were mostly full when we got there. We had great seats in the second section from the right (Ursula I believe) and near the back which I think is the best view. The show was great. Afterwards we noticed most people were leaving, so we headed over to Tower of Terror and had a great ride at night which I always wanted to do. I would have loved to have us in the front row so we could have had a pic of all four of us on this, but you couldn't see either kid in the picture. We never got DD back on the rest of the trip!
    We went back to WL and DS and I sat in the hot tub while it gently rained around us. It was really neat and he loved it! We then changed, got a Mickey rice crispy treat and shared it down on the beach while watching the Electric Water Pageant. He didn't want to go to sleep and neither did I. We came back to the room in time to see the end of the Minn/NO playoff game. I sort of forgot football existed this weekend, but that's why we go to WDW right?

What a perfect day, and the best birthday ever!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a perfect day, and the best birthday ever!
    That really says it all! Glad it was such a special and wonderful day for you and your family! Great memories were made this day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had such a great birthday! I'm already planning for my BD trip in 2012 - no better place to spend it!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

You are a lucky guy - what a great birthday celebration. MK Opening Ceremony & low waits, Fantasmic! and Tower of Terror in the dark - the best! Wrapping it all up at the end of the day with the pageant & mickey treat sounds perfect!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I told my wife at the end of that day that we could go home and I would be happy. It was that good of a day.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice report. Glad to hear you are having a great birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, best birthday ever! And what a great day. Sad for the DD. It's hard to be the youngest and watch the oldest get to do the fun stuff. I'm glad her day got better. And wow, you managed to do so much!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Simply a perfect day!

Post Thanks / Like

ah, its making me nostalgic just reading your report
    Sounds like you had a fabulous and perfect birthday!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

A little belated but .....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    Glad to read that you had a perfect birthday to share with your family!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: