Quantcast Is Brett Farve playing next season - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you all ...
    I didnt realise it was going to be a "Here we go situation" all over again
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    I didnt realise it was going to be a "Here we go situation" all over again
    You do realize that we are talking about Brett Farve... oh yea, of course you do, you started the thread.

He does this every year, why would you think this year would be any different?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    You do realize that we are talking about Brett Farve... oh yea, of course you do, you started the thread.

He does this every year, why would you think this year would be any different?
    Scar there are many things i dont understand about the NFL ..

Such as how the winning team of the superbowl calls themselves World Champions when only american teams play ??

On the Farve issue
    I didnt know what sort of contract he was on.
    And if was only on a one season contract but decided to carry on did the Vikings have first choice on making him an offer etc
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Such as how the winning team of the superbowl calls themselves World Champions when only american teams play ??

On the Farve issue
    And if was only on a one season contract but decided to carry on did the Vikings have first choice on making him an offer etc
    Ask anything you want. Glad to help.

Honestly, over here I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the term "World Champions" in Football. It's always "Super Bowl Champions".

Favre had a 2-year contract for $12M this past season and $13M for next. If he plays, he can only play for Minn unless they release him or trade him. If he had only signed a 1-year contract, then he would have been a unrestricted free agent and he could have signed with any team.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Favre should be retiring here soon.... Only to have the media come to him in June when Favre leaks the story he may come back again. Media circus for 2 weeks, followed by a I'm done speech. Only to come back during the last 2 weeks of training camp and be the starting QB on opening day.

Favre will play next year for the Vikings.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask anything you want. Glad to help.

Honestly, over here I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the term "World Champions" in Football. It's always "Super Bowl Champions".

Favre had a 2-year contract for $12M this past season and $13M for next. If he plays, he can only play for Minn unless they release him or trade him. If he had only signed a 1-year contract, then he would have been a unrestricted free agent and he could have signed with any team.
    Scar
    Ive heard the teams when they have won say they are "World Champions " infact i ve heard it or read it on threads when various teams have won the superbowl over the years here .
    Ive heard the term World Champions with the NBA as well
    I understand about the baseball one ( world series as it was a newspaper i believe)
    But honestly back in UK -Europe its one of those things weve never understood when we hear that term with the NFL and NBA with pnly American teams involved ( am not sure if its the same with the ice hockey ?.
    But it keeps us Brits amused

Am still trying to work out your college football seedings for the various bowls but i have given up

Thanks for the Farve info ..This is so much more complicated compared to our soccer contracts
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Am still trying to work out your college football seedings for the various bowls but i have given up
    There is no rhyme or reason for college bowl games.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason for college bowl games.
    Sure there is... money.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

On the Farve issue
    As far as the world champion issue.....it does seem rather arrogent, but honestly is there a higher level American Football league in the world than the NFL? I have heard the term associated with the Super Bowl as long as i can remember.Another point is that any one from any nation can play in the league.
    A far as the NBA well, oonce again it is the world's predominant basketball league and the worlds best players are there. You do not here MLS players calling themselves world champs becuase the same cannot be said about there league. Make sense?
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I understand about the baseball one ( world series as it was a newspaper i believe)
    And baseball is the least understood for me, as the Japanese could probably take a series from us 3 out of 4 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    And baseball is the least understood for me, as the Japanese could probably take a series from us 3 out of 4 times.
    I disagree with that...respectfully . It is not a them vs us situation. The MLB is comprised of men from all over the world and there is a huge Central American contingant. Remember when the nations compete they are made of men from MLB rosters...meaning most of the talented players are in the MLB. Therefore the MLB is in reality a world championship becuase it features the best players from around the world, what color jerseys they wear has nothing to do with it....MLB championship teams are comprised of men from all walks of life and countries. The teams of today are made up of men from the Dominican, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Japan, etc...and many of those ARE the elite players in the world. Again much like when an American soccer player excels in his sport he plays in Europe, because that is where the money is for a soccer player....which can boast the best Soccer teams in the world. The money for the best Basketballers, Football (American), and Baseball players is here. A Japanese player can make soo much more money here which is why many of their biggest stars now play in the MLB. No slight at Japan but there teams are not on the MLB level, just as our MLS sqauds teams cannot hold a candle to other coutries internationally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    As far as the world champion issue.....it does seem rather arrogent, but honestly is there a higher level American Football league in the world than the NFL? I have heard the term associated with the Super Bowl as long as i can remember.Another point is that any one from any nation can play in the league.
    Greenlawler .. I have to pull your leg on this one in the most friendliest of terms and in good humour

Yes i do see your point in a way about no higher level ...
    However the giveaway is the word NATIONAL which means in essence " A whole country " rather than world . Yes a i agree the NFL and college teams are far ahead of Europe in american football ....
    But the funny thing we have always found is that you have
    Divisional Winners ,Conference and then a mega jump to World Champions

I mean a if we had a team called the London Lions ,we wouldnt be able to join the NFL ?
    As its a National League ...
    Thus the superbowl winners /NBA should call themselves American Champions ...

However please dont change it ..
    We love our chuckle from across the pond ( again this is writtern in good humour mate )
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Greenlawler .. I have to pull your leg on this one in the most friendliest of terms and in good humour

Yes i do see your point in a way about no higher level ...
    However the giveaway is the word NATIONAL which means in essence " A whole country " rather than world . Yes a i agree the NFL and college teams are far ahead of Europe in american football ....
    But the funny thing we have always found is that you have
    Divisional Winners ,Conference and then a mega jump to World Champions
    I mean a if we had a team called the London Lions ,we wouldnt be able to join the NFL ?
    As its a National League ...
    Thus the superbowl winners /NBA should call themselves American Champions ...
    However please dont change it ..
    We love our chuckle from across the pond ( again this is writtern in good humour mate )
    They did try an NFL europe...I did not think it garnered much attention or captured the hearts of many europeans.
    Now I did hear an interesting quote from a rugby player- and this is my understanding of it, as it was many years ago. For this rugby player- tried playing american style footbal and discovered one thing, the pads the players wore did not protect one from the pain, but rather spread the hit out over the entire area, it would appear that this rugby player had thought the pads were like suits of armor. As he experienced a full hard hitting game, he basically said he gained a new respect for american football, and it was really hard.

With that said, please start a league, crown a champion & challenge the reigning world champion, or even have a deal to put your #1 team up against our #1 team- may the best team win.

As there are no other professional 'american' football players (oh please, get a bunch of soccer players to don the pads ) in the world, it is justified that the NFL champions call themselves the WORLD champions.

side note- you are reading waayy to much into the National Football League. the national part does not imply that it is regulated by our nation - just as a company called National Garbage Removal is just a company with a name- the NFL is a corporation. At one time there was another football corporation called the American Football League (or AFL), and the 2 companies merged.

By the way, is the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) owned by the Govt of the United Kingdom (or is that great briton - hey how come they get to call themselves Great ? Is there a Minor briton ?)

Post Thanks / Like

You are also missing the whole point.....when the best players from around the world are concentrated in one sport it IS a world championship. It does not matter what color they wear, or what city they live in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    They did try an NFL europe...I did not think it garnered much attention or captured the hearts of many europeans.
    Now I did hear an interesting quote from a rugby player- and this is my understanding of it, as it was many years ago. For this rugby player- tried playing american style footbal and discovered one thing, the pads the players wore did not protect one from the pain, but rather spread the hit out over the entire area, it would appear that this rugby player had thought the pads were like suits of armor. As he experienced a full hard hitting game, he basically said he gained a new respect for american football, and it was really hard.

With that said, please start a league, crown a champion & challenge the reigning world champion, or even have a deal to put your #1 team up against our #1 team- may the best team win.

As there are no other professional 'american' football players (oh please, get a bunch of soccer players to don the pads ) in the world, it is justified that the NFL champions call themselves the WORLD champions.

side note- you are reading waayy to much into the National Football League. the national part does not imply that it is regulated by our nation - just as a company called National Garbage Removal is just a company with a name- the NFL is a corporation. At one time there was another football corporation called the American Football League (or AFL), and the 2 companies merged.

By the way, is the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) owned by the Govt of the United Kingdom (or is that great briton - hey how come they get to call themselves Great ? Is there a Minor briton ?)

Gueli
    My reply was a leg pull just like yours

So ...yes we were GREAT once when we used to run the world before the USA did

Which Rugby player was that i would love to know ... There was once a thread here about who was fitter a Rugby Player or American football player a year or so back ..It was one of the funniest threads i have ever been involved in... ( i wont start it up again )

The National was a total wind up .... You know deep in your heart you cant defend the term " World Champions " when its only american teams playing

Seriously though
    NFL Europe was a farce . When we had the London Monarchs and it was being played at Wembley Stadium . The mistake they made was to charge over the top prices when they should have charged cheap prices to get rear ends on seats to gather support .

We get live games shown back in the UK and it has a massive following as you can now see when your various teams come over to play each year .
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Raider wrote.,..
    "The National was a total wind up .... You know deep in your heart you cant defend the term " World Champions " when its only american teams playing"

I can and I did.

Last time slowly....American locations but....players from all over the world= WORLD CHAMPIONS. I cheer for players not laundry.

Post Thanks / Like

So ...yes we were GREAT once when we used to run the world before the USA did
    Oh yea, that reminds me. I'm not sure if we ever thanked you or not, but, thanks for gettin' us started.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Raider wrote.,..
    "The National was a total wind up .... You know deep in your heart you cant defend the term " World Champions " when its only american teams playing"

I can and I did.

Last time slowly....American locations but....players from all over the world= WORLD CHAMPIONS. I cheer for players not laundry.
    Greenlawler
    Lets agree to disagree on this one . We find it a quirk across the pond thats all

Yes i see your point in a way about American teams with players all over the world = WORLD CHAMPIONS

However on your logic

In Europe our soccer club teams have players from all over the world in our domestic cups /trophies but we dont call the Winners World Champions ? are we doing something wrong ? lol
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea, that reminds me. I'm not sure if we ever thanked you or not, but, thanks for gettin' us started.
    Scar if your into soccer i am so looking forward to the soccer world cup when England play you
    i think the banter is going to be brilliant
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Greenlawler
    Lets agree to disagree on this one . We find it a quirk across the pond thats all

Yes i see your point in a way about American teams with players all over the world = WORLD CHAMPIONS

However on your logic

In Europe our soccer club teams have players from all over the world in our domestic cups /trophies but we dont call the Winners World Champions ? are we doing something wrong ? lol

Agreed to let you have your chuckles, after all with your dismal weather, by comparrison, you need something to brighten your days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: