Quantcast Horseback Riding at Ft. Wilderness - thumbs up or down?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horseback Riding at Ft. Wilderness - thumbs up or down?

DH and I have been thinking about doing this for years, but we have never got around to it. I would like to book something for our trip in April, but we will have some friends with us, and I think I may end up going solo while DH is the tour guide for our friends.

I did a quick search and people seem to think it's great for beginners - that would be me! I understand that you are not allowed to take pictures on the tour, but is it possible for a cast member to take a picture of you while on the horse? Just curious! Would love to have a keepsake of the ride!

Thanks for any info people would be willing to share!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the horseback riding in Jan.'07 It was really nice.You have to put all of your belongings in a locker that they provide to you for free.I was able to get a pic of my son on the horse.He was on It was his dream to ride a horse.They have a cast member in the front of the group and one in the back.We saw deer and rabbits on the trail ride.I would reccomend it.

Post Thanks / Like

My family of five did this last March on my DD's 13th BD. We were the only ones on the tour, so it was wonderfully private!! It was expensive for the five of us, but it was sure alot of fun. And you mentioned no picture taking. That was not mentioned to us, and I have pictures of us riding the trails in a row. I was in the middle of my family of five, so I would turn around and take pics of my girls on their two horses, and take rear shots of my son and husband as they were in front of me. The tour guide told us fun "inside" stories, and the trails were very pretty. We saw small deer and other wildlife. I think it lasted about 45mins.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a memory I got from this. Last time I did this, I think I was 8 or 9 in the 70s. We went through the trails and "hunted" armadillos. They would let us get off and chase them through the woods. Needless to say, 10 or 12 kids running around the woods couldn't catch a cold.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horse Back riding

I would try and go if I were you we are experienced riders and still had a blast. We were allowed to take pictures the whole ride. Hope you have fun. We will be at the Camp Ground in March.

Have a blessed day
    Sheri W. Smith

First visit Oct 1971
    Every year since 2001
    Music, Movies, Sports, Pop Century, Fort Wilderness Cabin, Fort Wildeness Camp Ground, DVC members 6/08, VWL 09, AKV 09, SSR 09, FWCG 3/10, 5/10, 9/10, Treehouses 12/10

Post Thanks / Like

We did the trail ride a few years ago. I am deathly afraid of horses, but the trail guide put me at the back of the pack and rode alongside me the whole time. It was a ton of fun, and we also saw deer and an armadillo. If you are an experienced rider, this may not be for you, but if the closest you have been to a horse is a Merry go round...go for it. It's very peaceful. My daughter was on a horse that appeared in a Disney movie, and most have been in the parades at some time.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: