Quantcast What resort have you stayed at and would NOT stay at again? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    I would also like to say that in addition to CSR I will never again stay at GF. I know...I am in trouble for that one.
    Why? Just curious, I've never stayed there.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

POFQ! Rooms need some updating - really shabby!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the poster on WL. We love staying there because it has beautiful grounds, pool, geyser, and you can watch nightly parade on the lake. But for the price we paid for our room I was unimpressed. We also had a king room, overlooking the pool (Did not have wheelchair access bathroom). The room was small & very DARK, even during the day.
    Our next trip we are going to try off property & give up on the EMH.
    I wish we lived closer so we could bring our RV down every trip. Nothing beats bringing your house with you & staying at FW!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

The only one we've been to that we will never stay at again is Saratoga springs. The mile walk from the lobby to our room was not fun. You have to take a bus to get everywhere except dtd. And it was too big. Did not seem Disney to us. We ended up at the bw on the first night and didn't want to go back to ssr. In fact we love the bwv so much that pretty much every other resort pAles in comparison. Would love to try out the poly though.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resorts

The All Stars. The kids are older now, so we ware going to upgrade our stay.
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

POR for me. Hands down. Surprised to see so many CBR's--one of my alltime favorites. The fact that it's spread out doesn't bother me. I get the feel that I'm really at a tropical resort, and like the peaceful, beautiful atmosphere. Definitely has that "getaway" feeling...
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs for sure!!!!

Our last trip Aug 09 we spent 2 weeks there and it was horrible.

The first room we were in had cockroaches, and after phoning and complaining to the front desk I was told to relax that they were just Palmetto bugs ( after googling I found out that a Palmetto bug is an American Cockroach ), to which I responded I would still rather another room.
    We were granted another room with a downgraded view and further from where we were but we were happy to be out of the cockroach room.......the next morning while in the bathroom i noticed a very large shadow on the shower curtain and lo and behold it was a HUGE cockroach.
    Needless to say that is it for us and Coronado Springs.
    2000 - off site
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2006- Boardwalk Villas
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007- Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Saratoga Springs

2008- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008- Wilderness Lodge Villas ( Tentatively )

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't stay at the Contemporary unless it was the last monorail resort left...not because of bad service or location, but we just feel it's an eye sore and lacks greatly in the theme dept....

On the other hand...after our experience last August.....I solemnly swear I will never stay at a value resort EVER AGAIN...in matter of fact I will go as far as to say I will never stay at a non-monorail resort again....

We used to say any day at Disney is better than no day at Disney...but once we tried it we were mistaken and ended up switching resorts as soon as possible. I think if we had never stayed at the ultra deluxe before, we may have though it was awesome...but to us it lacked in the "Disney feel" ...the magic that exists. It just felt....wrong...you can PM me if you want details but it was so bad for us that we were fighting and then begging for any deluxe resort we got switched (and paid for) the Grand Floridian, and although we had never stayed there before either, it just felt like home...the magic suddenly existed again and the rest of our trip was perfect....

Again, it may just be that we are spoiled...but we are a lower-middle class family...and when you spend that much on a vacation...you want it to be worth it..........
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by droopy d. View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with this one but for us it was AKL while it is a beautiful resort and has great views of animals it wasn't for us. It just didn't have that "disney magic" we have gotten at the other resorts we've stayed at.
    I agree with you on that one .
    Friends were staying at that resort and we came and picked them up and were shown around . I found the place too dark and when you consider Africa being a colourful place ( just look ast their flags ) The rooms werent all that private either especially the ones looking out on the animals
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We'd never stay at CSR again. It just didn't have the Disney feel to us and it was too spread out.
    Our room was about as far away from the pool as you could get, we'd either have to wait for a bus or take the long, hot hike with two unhappy kids.
    Because it's a convention center there were also people in buisness wear walking around and that just was off-putting to us.
    Again, this is just my family's view, I have several friends who love the resort.
    That's the joy of having so many places to choose from, something for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starryeyes21 View Post
    Upon entering our room we discovered that, yes, there was a King sized bed like we requested but it also had a wheelchair accessible bathroom. This made the bathroom huge and the actual room small.
    I would beg to differ, we stayed in a king bed room that had a wheelchair accessible bathroom and there was no difference in actual room size between that and a room that had queen sized beds. The only difference between the rooms is that the king sized rooms only have a shower whereas other rooms have the shower and bath tub.

Also, the room was dingy and dirty and it overlooked a scummy pond.
    It's funny how two people can have completely different reactions to the same experience. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge on our honeymoon as well. We had a room with a king sized bed that opened up to a pond. We found it quite charming. Every morning we woke up and would go out to our patio to watch the different animals.

So, we marched ourselves back to the desk and were met with no help at all. The manager acted as if it was common knowledge that king rooms come with wheelchair accessible bathrooms. My argument was "How hard would it have been to tell us this over the phone."
    How were they supposed to know to tell you this? We didn't realize that the king sized bedrooms had different bathrooms but I didn't think it was the reorts fault for not telling us when we booked the room.

Mousekeeping was terrible. The room never once felt clean. I had this horrible suspicion that my towels were never laundered just hung back up. This resort was no worth the money. It felt like a waste.
    Did you voice your concerns to anyone?

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience at the WL. We had a wonderful honeymoon there and it holds a special place in our hearts. I hope you have better experiences at other Disney resorts
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Saratoga. For me, it's too far from everything (except Downtown Disney) and the resort itself is extremely spread out, making it hard to get to the check-in/pool/store. I enjoyed the theme of the resort, it is beautiful. But we are used to not having to take a bus to all the parks (our "home" is the Boardwalk Villas), so that was a little taxing on us especially with the number of people that seemed to be staying in our area of the resort. I would only stay there again if it was the only resort available during our preferred dates.
    Maggie

Cast Member
    Magic Kingdom Vacation Planning: Jan. 2012-Aug. 2012
    Fantasyland Attractions (Peter Pan's Flight and It's a Small World): Aug. 2012-??

"Actually, it's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

Disney World 13 times
    Disneyland 1 time--June 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Did you voice your concerns to anyone?
    Yes we did. On several occasions we called the front desk and housekeeping. Either we received no response or were passed on to someone else. Eventually, we decided that constantly calling was useless because nothing was getting done about it. Also, I had never encountered ruder and more disinterested cast members. At that point we decided to just enjoy our honeymoon and stop stressing out. We were spending a ridiculous amount of time on the phone and nothing was being resolved.

How were they supposed to know to tell you this? We didn't realize that the king sized bedrooms had different bathrooms but I didn't think it was the resort fault for not telling us when we booked the room.
    Well, just like you said different people can have different reactions to the same situation. What was in that room was obviously not the norm and should have been mentioned. I expected a regular bathroom and a regular bedroom. This is not an unreasonable expectation. I would have booked something else had I known. Maybe even a different resort. I feel as though it was a lie of omission. Disney knows they have a better chance of booking the wheel chair accessible rooms to non-wheelchair guests if they don't mention the showers. To put it in perspective, I booked a room at a Hampton Inn over the summer for a family function. When I asked for a room with a king sized bed I was quickly informed it had a wheelchair accessible shower and was asked if that was okay. If a Hampton Inn can inform me of this, why not Disney?

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience at the WL. We had a wonderful honeymoon there and it holds a special place in our hearts. I hope you have better experiences at other Disney resorts
    We had a wonderful honeymoon as well. We just didn't love the hotel. We have stayed other places on property and not had any problems at all. I have very high expectations when I travel to Disney. When I splurge for a deluxe resort they are even higher. Unfortunately, on this trip, at this hotel they were not met. Ummmm.....I thought that's what this thread was about. I'm glad you like the WL. I do not. To each his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmm.....I thought that's what this thread was about. I'm glad you like the WL. I do not. To each his own.
    Fair enough. I was just curious as to some of the particulars.
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Request--

I know we all have our favorite (or least favorite) resorts, but let's refrain from questioning another member's specific comments in posts. Whether intentional or not, it tends to put the other person on the defensive, which is not what we want to do here on INTERCOT. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Thank you--
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

This was a really intersting read! I had some surprises. Just for fun, I did a quick, sloppy tally. Top of the list was one or all of the All Stars (forgive me for lumping them together), but just one vote behind them was CBR. Next up was CSR, Pop, any value resort tied with POFQ, followed closely by SS. AKL had three votes, POR & WL both had 2. FW, GF, S&D, BC and the Contemporary all had 1 each.

Post Thanks / Like

I hated ALK...we had the worst service and the place just didn't impress me. The lobby and animals were really cool, but our room was a disaster. I just really wasn't happy to have paid what I did for the room to get the kind of service (or lack there of) that we did!

I'm also kind of over the values. They are great when I'm trying to save money, but I'm more than happy to shell out a bit more for a moderate to avoid the chaos that usually ensues in the values!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Moderator Request--

I know we all have our favorite (or least favorite) resorts, but let's refrain from questioning another member's specific comments in posts. Whether intentional or not, it tends to put the other person on the defensive, which is not what we want to do here on INTERCOT. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Thank you--

If you were refering to my post, I truly am sorry. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad but I realize now that it did sound as if I was questioning what was someone else's opinion. I really truly am sorry if I offended anyone.
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    This was a really intersting read! I had some surprises. Just for fun, I did a quick, sloppy tally. Top of the list was one or all of the All Stars (forgive me for lumping them together), but just one vote behind them was CBR. Next up was CSR, Pop, any value resort tied with POFQ, followed closely by SS. AKL had three votes, POR & WL both had 2. FW, GF, S&D, BC and the Contemporary all had 1 each.
    Thanks for the tally!! I'm a little nervous since we plan to try CBR next time - I do see it got a lot of thumbs down!

Post Thanks / Like

This is lame because I've only ever stayed at POR - but my thought is on the area we stayed in. I would rather try a different resort than ever stay in Alligator Bayou again. I really did find it THAT different fromt he Mansion section. After we stayed there we fell in love with the place and vowed to always stay there - not after our stay in AB last year! That's kind of a good thing though, because now I'm motivated to try something new :-)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: