Quantcast What resort have you stayed at and would NOT stay at again? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AKL

Couldn't stand walking thru hallways, upon hallways, upon hallways to get anywhere. I would rather be walking outside in the beautiful Florida weather.

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    We thought the POFQ was fabulous! Very nice decor inside and out and very quiet too. We loved just strolling along the "streets."

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all the values, mods (except for POFQ) and three of the MK deluxe. I have to honestly say the only resorts I do not ever plan on staying again are those outside of WDW. Now, have my stays always been perfect in every way? No. But they have far outshined any offsite place we have stayed and we are in the middle of the magic.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We feel happiest when staying at a monorail resort, but there are no resorts at WDW that I wouldn't stay at. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Saratoga Springs.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never again Resort

The Dolphin and any of the All Star's... POP however, in a pinch.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Pop Century and Coronado Springs, and I would stay at any of them again with no problem.....

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

The All-Star resorts. I stayed at the Movies several years ago. It was okay, but the other All-Stars seemed so blah.
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all of the All Stars, POR, and Boardwalk Villas. We would stay at any of them, EXCEPT for All Star Sports. The themeing was cool, but that is where it seems all of the Pop Warner groups and cheerleading groups stay. We had kids in the pool until late, running up and down the walkways outside of the rooms, knocking on doors and running away at 1am, etc, etc. It was a nightmare.

We did have an issue once when checking in to All Star Movies...we got there late (10-11pm ish) and we couldn't get into the room. We had to go back to the front desk twice, and also called once before we finally got someone to come an open the door for us. The card reader had reset and didn't know which room it was, so our room keys wouldn't open the door. They had to reprogram the thing. We had three small kids waiting (two fell asleep on their coats on the concrete outside the door), and it wound up being midnight before we could get in the room and put them to bed. But every other time we've stayed at AS Sports, it's been great.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    AKL

Couldn't stand walking thru hallways, upon hallways, upon hallways to get anywhere. I would rather be walking outside in the beautiful Florida weather.
    It's funny ... I had this same reaction to AKL the first time I stayed there because our room was all the way down one wing of the hotel.

But the second time I stayed there our room was much closer to the lobby and we really enjoyed it.

I'd do AKL again even though I used to say I never would.

I don't think I'll ever do CSR again either, come to think of it. I didn't really care for it very much. Felt like a low-rent copy of CBR to me. Architecturally it's identical to CBR, in fact. It just has a different theme.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What resort have you stayed at and would NOT stay at again?

I would have to say POP - we were there about the first year after they opened. Our building was so far away and just too far to get to the bus stop and food court. Also the cast members there were just not very nice. That was the only time ever at a resort where we encountered rude cast members. We decided we would never stay there again!

Post Thanks / Like

I probably won't stay at the All Stars or Caribbean Beach resorts again. Whether it's the layout (CBR) or the noise outside at night and chaos in the food court (All Stars), they just don't appeal to me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post

We did have an issue once when checking in to All Star Movies...we got there late (10-11pm ish) and we couldn't get into the room. We had to go back to the front desk twice, and also called once before we finally got someone to come an open the door for us. The card reader had reset and didn't know which room it was, so our room keys wouldn't open the door. They had to reprogram the thing. We had three small kids waiting (two fell asleep on their coats on the concrete outside the door), and it wound up being midnight before we could get in the room and put them to bed. But every other time we've stayed at AS Sports, it's been great.
    I had something similar at movies. At the time, my DH sent just me and my 5 year old to Disney for a surprise. I had a HUMONGO sinus headache on the plane ride over and of course, no meds. Felt like my eyeballs were gonna pop out and roll down the aisle. Got to ASMu at about 12:30 am and there was no one available to help us to our room -- which happened to be in the Country building as far from the lobby as possible. Here I was carting luggage, carrying a sleeping 5 year old and about to have my head split open from pain trying to find the blessed 3 story cowboy boot!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't stay at SSR again. I just didn't like it at all. And we'll probably never stay at the values again, unless its for one night before our longer reservation at a different resort.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

As surprising as it may seem to some people I would never stay at The Wilderness Lodge ever again. My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon and we were not very happy. Upon entering our room we discovered that, yes, there was a King sized bed like we requested but it also had a wheelchair accessible bathroom. This made the bathroom huge and the actual room small. Also, the room was dingy and dirty and it overlooked a scummy pond.

So, we marched ourselves back to the desk and were met with no help at all. The manager acted as if it was common knowledge that king rooms come with wheelchair accessible bathrooms. My argument was "How hard would it have been to tell us this over the phone." So, after some arguing we were moved.

The next room was no better. Again dark and dingy and overlooking a parking lot and a smoke house. Being a vegetarian this was highly objectionable to me. At this point though we let it go and decided to stay.

Mousekeeping was terrible. The room never once felt clean. I had this horrible suspicion that my towels were never laundered just hung back up. This resort was no worth the money. It felt like a waste.

Also, my displeasure my have also stemmed from the fact that we had spent three days at Universal's Portofino Bay Resort. It was just lovely. For the first time I felt that Universal had outdone Disney in every way. From the staff to the rooms, the experience was top notch.

So, I would never be hesitant to spend top dollar at Universal hotels because they have shown themselves to have high standards for hotels and service. I can not say they same for Disney and as it stands right now will not go above moderate accommodations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post

The same thing happened to me at ASMusic! It happened at around midnight and I didnt get inside my room until after 1am!

Still, as bad as that experience was everything before and after was good. If i HAD to, I would stay at an all star again, but I am going to try not to...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't impressed with All Star Music. I liked ASMovies, and POP (never stayed at Sports). I just wasn't thrilled with it - nothing in particular.

But I will say, I'd rather be at All Star Music than a Holiday Inn off-site!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not i really like this post. It shows us all how there is something for everyone out there. That expectations etc are all different. There are however, numerous similarities.

I love all the disney resorts. I had some Mousekeeping issues at a few, but I don't think I will include them in the decision of staying or not staying somewhere.

I have stayed at: Wilderness Camp grounds, ASMovies, CBR, POP(3) AKL, POR (both riverside & french quarter).

My first would be ASMovies only becuase of the bus issue, I am scared about that, some people say they no longer share but... I just wouldn't chance it.
    CBR as many others had said, way to spread out. I just didn't care for that part.

However posts are correct that POP is loud and busy, but the time we go everything is so busy we take it in stride. I am a hard sleeper and I completely wear myself out so I hit the hay when we get to the room and I could not tell you what goes on around me.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great topic and to be honest,I love all the resorts,just some better than others.I think it's all relative though.I'd have to say our least favorite was the Beach Club for these reasons:too crowded pool and pool area with no place to lay out.We didn't like the fenced in area around the pool.No foodcourt with lots of choices like the mods.Very snobish feel for us.Room wasn't ready until 5:30 P.M. and the pool closed way to early.The location of the resort was the best though if your a big Epcot fan which we are.
    Like I've said,everything is relative though.If they offered the BC for a value price I'd go back in a heartbeat but overall it just didn't do it for us for the price we spent.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have not stayed at all the resorts at WDW
    but the ones that we have stayed at have been
    great. I do not have any complaints about any
    of the resorts that I have stayed at. My very
    favorite by far is POFQ. Just being
    at WDW is enough for us!
    BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    MAY!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I probably wouldn't go back to the CBR. It was our first Disney hotel, so I love it for that, but the grounds were just too big, and it felt like forever to wait for the bus.

And while my stay was nice, I probably wouldn't go back to the POP. We went on the off-season, so it wasn't crowded, and I liked the food court...but I can just imagine what it is like during the summer
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: