Quantcast What resort have you stayed at and would NOT stay at again? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

POFQ it's been a long time, but it really did feel dated when we stayed there years ago.

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Pop Century...it was WAY too crowded. We went during value season for 5 days and didn't get to sit on a single bus the whole time. The food court was a mad house and you could hardly walk around without someone bumping into you.
    84 - FW
    94 - Off Site
    95 - ASMu
    96 - Off Site
    08 - POFQ
    2/09 - Coronado
    7/09 - AS Sports
    9/09 - POP
    12/09- One day for Christmas
    4/10 - POFQ
    7/10 - Offsite
    3/11 - AS Sports
    5/14 - Coronado
    7/15 - AS Sports
    7/17 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

POR

Both times we stayed there the rooms were just gross (we were tied into the second stay and couldn't switch resorts). Guest service at the main desk and in the gift shop were also abysmal.

But, lesson learned. We just don't go back.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

All Star Sports. Stayed there once in 2000 and once last May 2009.

It was fine the first time or else I wouldn't have attempted it a second time. But now with EVERY resort using the bus system at every park (before it used to be a bus to TTC to Studios, AK, DtD, and water parks or boats for the MGM/Epcot resorts) and more and more hotels and DVCs..the bus stops were a great deal further away at every park and it seemed like the Values got the short end of the stick.

Mouskeeping was always late, sometimes not until 4 or 5 pm, and there were no towels for the pool. You had to take the ones for bathing in your room. Which is fine except those were only slightly bigger than a washcloth.

If I was making the trip again, (and unless I win a lottery anytime soon to stay at the Poly)I'd perhaps use the DtD hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, etc.) which seem to be only slightly more expensive than the values and offer a great deal more as far as upkeep and amenities.

Maybe their buses would be less crowded as well.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
    One little spark . . .

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with a lot of the others, for me it would be the Caribbean Beach Resort. I've stayed at about 10 different resorts, and this is the only one I wouldn't stay at again. I don't think the size really bothered me, I just wasn't impressed with it at all.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pofq

Never stayed there but walked through it one night last December and for the first time ever at WDW felt unsafe. It was kind of creepy. Though if they're trying to recreate FQ I guess they did it! LOL
    Magic Happens!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me begin by saying that we have not yet found a "bad resort" at Disney....just some that we like less than others or that didn't communicate the magic to us quite as much as some others did.

But #1 on my list would likely be the Caribbean Beach...nothing really against it (thou we did have a leak in the wall from the sprinkler system that made us move rooms)...its just didn't feel all that disney to us...but kind of felt we staying in "anywhere, Florida". I kind of think that's why they started all the pirate rooms and what not...who knows maybe it would be different now, but we aren't likely to go back and try again when there are so many other options

Another one for us might be the treehouses...they felt very neutral and "condo-ish" thou they were very nice and we enjoyed the privacy very much....but they just seemed to lack the disney feel. Again there was nothing wrong with them at all...they just were not one of our favorites and thus are not a resort we're apt to go back to.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather stay at any other resort than Pop Century. I did not like the set-up of the food court and the gift shop. Having the food court attached the gift shop always made it impossible to move around. The bus service was the worst. Yes, it is great that they don't share but the lines to get on them were the worse not to mention you will never get a seat. Then there is that beautiful lake with a ghost town on the opposite shore. What a view!
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

CBR-We really were not impressed. We had a Nemo room but it just didn't do anything for us. We just didn't feel at "home". Also, we were very far away from Port Royale so maybe that was why. Who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

AS Sports.

It was just soooo noisy all night long. Teenagers running around and pounding on doors. And really loud adults around 2:00am.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Not to sound like a snob, but I doubt I'll ever stay at any of the Value resorts again.

I just can't handle the food court chaos at Pop and the AS resorts tend to be really noisy and dirty feeling. The only way I'd stay at one again is if it was just a one-nighter before and after a long stay someplace else.

As far as the mods and deluxes, though, I'd never hesitate to stay at any of them.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another 'hope I don't sound like a snob' comment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've only seen one Deluxe resort among the posts so far. It was for AKL and it was only mentioned because it didn't have a 'Disney' feel to it. No service problems were mentioned. Since we are pretty far down on page 2 of this thread, I was expecting to see at least more than one Deluxe mentioned, but with the one exception of AKL, it's all Values and Mods so far.

Now I'm not asking for people to start posting about Deluxes, but I just felt like mentioning the dearth of Deluxes on this thread, especially when I see many 'Deluxe isn't worth the money' statements on many other threads in the past.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not to sound like a snob, but I doubt I'll ever stay at any of the Value resorts again.
    I'm gonna one up that and say I KNOW I will never stay at a Value resort again. Been there, done that, DONE WITH THAT.

In particular, Pop Century. WAY too loud, both literally and figuratively, with the decor. Hated the food court/gift shop combo...too crazy. It had a warehouse feeling to it, like I was eating at a Costco. Rooms were poorly soundproofed, beds are hard and bouncy, linens are poor quality, and the pool just seemed...I don't know. Gross. When I was there at the end of September, it was VERY hot and humid. The pool was packed like a can of sardines. I had NO desire to swim in it...which has never happened to me at any WDW resort.

I will never need to go to WDW so badly that I will stay in a Value resort. I can wait a little longer until I can afford at least a Moderate...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Pop Century. Loudest hotel with the thinnest walls I've ever stayed in. Never again.

Anywhere else on property is fine.

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

CRB for us. Smelly room, though CM's were very helpful and tried to help as much as possible. DH said if that had been his first stay we wouldn't of returned to Disney... Someone mentioned deluxe stays. I would probably return to CRS or POR before I went back to BC. We found our stay noisey with kids running up and down the hall. Overall we just didn't like the feel of the place. Location was great though.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Beach Resort.

They don't have elevators!! When we stayed, we had our 6 month old son with us and we had to carry his stroller up and down 2 flights of stairs (1 story) every time we went in or out of our room!! We also had a wayward shuttle driver that we filed a complaint about. (We did receive a very nice $$ gift card because of the incident though - so we felt like they really tried to make up for our problem.)

Other than all of that though - it was very nice and we did enjoy the landscaping and setting.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

CBR

Of all my experiences (9 onsite)...

Longest check in line - by far

Most inter resort walking

Dirtiest room - by far

Worst TS restaurant

2nd worst bus srevice
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

CSR....this resort is beautiful but is not for my family. We wont ever be going back.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Here's another 'hope I don't sound like a snob' comment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've only seen one Deluxe resort among the posts so far. It was for AKL and it was only mentioned because it didn't have a 'Disney' feel to it. No service problems were mentioned. Since we are pretty far down on page 2 of this thread, I was expecting to see at least more than one Deluxe mentioned, but with the one exception of AKL, it's all Values and Mods so far.

Now I'm not asking for people to start posting about Deluxes, but I just felt like mentioning the dearth of Deluxes on this thread, especially when I see many 'Deluxe isn't worth the money' statements on many other threads in the past.
    I would also like to say that in addition to CSR I will never again stay at GF. I know...I am in trouble for that one.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Share This Thread On Social Media: