Quantcast Villa's or 2 rooms??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Villa's or 2 rooms??

DH and I were studying a few things. We are looking to go the last week of Oct. There will be 7 of us, 4 adults, 3 kids. We were just going to book two rooms. Now we are looking at 2 bdr. villas. Suggestions...
    Saratoga Springs looks nice, and on the website it seems to be cheaper than other villa properties...why? We would only use the kitchen for breakfast, thats about all. We were going to book AKL, club level and that would of taken care of breakfast there.
    We also looked at OKW, very pretty, but looked kind of dated. I read that it is being renovated, but will that be done by Oct. and will they automatically give the reno. rooms to DVC members? Help Please.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 bedroon suites

My home resort is Saratoga. It is vey nice and the campus is huge. I think it is cheaper because of the size of the place. We usually get a 2 bed room. the master room has a king size bed and the 2nd bedroom has 2 queen beds with a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. We love being DVC members because the kids get their own room and bathroom and it makes it a more relaxed vacation. It is great having the kitchen to cook in and a frig to put food and left overs in. The washer and dryer in the room is great too. we pack less and don't have much laundry to do when we get back. we have stayed a few times @ OKW and love it there. It is the oldest but the BIGGEST. The rooms are huge. I would definately go with a 2 bedroom at either place. Our next trip we are staying at Animal Kingdom and heard it is just awesome
    Have a zippity doo-da day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think you would find the 2-br villas to be extremely nice in your situation. While I have to say club level at AKL is one of our favorite things to do, the extra room and options with a 2-br villa probably make it a better choice. Personally, we'd prefer the 2-br at OKW - the rooms are larger. And even though OKW is the oldest of the DVC resorts, it still is a very nice place to stay. We stayed at OKW twice last year, and I never think of it as 'dated'.

1goofydad already mentioned a few of the advantages of the villa, including in-room laundry, kitchen, and fridge. It also offers you an option to let the kids have their own area in the villa. Our kids would always take over the living room area with the pull-out bed and their own TV. The biggest problem could be deciding who gets the master bedroom with the king bed and jacuzzi tub! Have a great trip, whereever you end up staying!

Post Thanks / Like

Either resort would be fine. As others have said, I like the large rooms at OKW. OKW is a little harder to get around. It is spread out. If you request a room near the head house it will make things a little easer. SSR is newer and spaced a little closer together. The resturant choices are better too. OKW only has Olivia's, a basic sit down resturant. I think the pool is ever so slightly better at SSR.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

WELLLLLLLLLLLLl...two bedroom villas ....hummmm....who gets to have the three children? the more space is great, but the one bedroom only has a king...so unless the child is in a pack and play that presents a problem...that leaves two adults and three children in the second bedroom; or the three kids in the bedroom and two adults stuck in the livingroom...I think if cost was not an issue, I would go with the two rooms...either club level or not...if you are only planning to eat breakfast in the room you may want to even re-think the club room...breakfast in the fast food in the hotel would be much cheaper than two club rooms...for us, we sleep in the room; unless I'm in a deluxe then I spend time in the AM and PM on the balcony soaking up the Florida sunshine.
    Regardless...you will love whatever choice you make...it's disney...enough said.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 BR Villas

We have been DVC menbers for a while now and there is nothing like a 2 BR. Plenty of room for 7. At Kidani vVllage the 2 BR has a 3rd bathroom off the entrance. We have stayed at at all the 2 BR at WDW and the most spacious is at Old Key West. The most convenient but more costly is Bay lake Tower. However, if OKW is your choice don't worry about any renovation issues. DVC doesn't play favorites. It all depends on when and where you book. Good luck. The Boardwalk and Beach Club are other great locations.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Just my two cents . . . but although Saratoga Springs is our home resort, I just fell in love with Kidani Village a few weeks ago! If it were up to me, I'd never stay anywhere else again. You didn't mention the ages of the children, but they would probably love the setting there with the animals. And the 3rd bathroom was an added bonus too - especially when my 12 year old daughter became so sick on this trip. Don't forget, small kids can pretty much sleep anywhere. The couch in the living room opens up to a queen bed and the chair opens up too.

October is a great time to go no matter where you stay. It'll be fine!
    DVC Owner since 2005: SSR
    DVC Owner since 2011: AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, if you are considering SSR why not try out the treehouses. They would give you more space and I believe they are the same price as the 2Bdrm villa.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You Intercotees for all your suggestions. The other two adults are my parents and will enjoy a room with the kids(13, 10 &10). Right now we are strongly leaning towards OKW, we just like the look of the grounds and things. DH likes the lay out of the 2 bdr. and the sq. footage. We were just at AKL so we would like to try something new. Will keep everyone posted when we actually book. I think my only request on the reservation will be a new refurbed room and not a number of a particular bldg.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

OKW is a great place for kids of those ages. They can really have fun along Conch Flats by the main building, where they have the pool, shuffleboard, tennis, basketball, ping pong, bike rentals, and the Community Hall. Have a fun time!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: