Quantcast What didn't you like.......???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What didn't you like.......???

Strange question I know but I want to see what people didn't like about thier Disney cruise.

One of the only things I didn't like was the method they used for baggage claim at the end of the cruise. To go on this amazing cruise and end it like cattle going in to be milked - Not Pretty.

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts....
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Only thing I can think of that I haven't liked on any of our cruises is that they end too early.

As far as the disembarking process, the vast majority of what you described is under the control of US Customs, not DCL. They used to just arrange your bags on the floor inside the terminal so the dogs could sniff them, and some bags would be chosen at random for searching by Customs. At least now they put them up on big metal tables; makes it a little easier to spot your bags.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Well, aside from the fact that my husband lost his job as soon we returned from our cruise in 2007, there is absolutely NOTHING we didn't like about our Disney cruise!

Honestly, it might sound like a cheesy, boring answer but it's 100% true! It was the best vacation we ever had (until we got home, that is ). Certainly can't blame Mickey for that!
    DVC Owner since 2005: SSR
    DVC Owner since 2011: AKV

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing and possibly the only thing I didn't like about DCL was the 4th day was simply "graduation" planning in the kids club. My kids went to the kids club here and there throughout the trip and missed a couple of the activites( baking cookies) bc they conflicted with other plans. They were pretty dissappointed when there were little to no activites on the last day. Next time we will either do a 3 day or 7 but not 4 again.

Other than that it was great and the kids had a blast.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We took the family on a Christmas cruise in 09. If I could change one thing it would be the last morning. It was crazy. On the previous evening when choosing our pictures from Shutters, we had one that was torn, so we needed a reprint. It wouldn't be ready until the following morning. Also, our kids couldn't decide on the cruise they wanted to book next, so during the night, they decided. We also had an issue with our bill that was put on the door during the night. So.... all of that had to be worked out prior to our disembarkment. Needless to say, I never got breakfast, and my nerves were shot. One hour to stand in line for the torn picture repair, 30 minutes for the bill to be corrected, and an hour for the cruise booking. Lesson learned, try not to wait until the last moment for anything that you can do prior. That last morning is crazy enough to get off the ship by 9:00 am. don't add craziness to the mix. Trust me!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like that they docked at Nassau. No reason to even get off. Although it was nice and quiet on the ship.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I didn't like that they docked at Nassau. No reason to even get off. Although it was nice and quiet on the ship.
    Amen to that!

Our gripe was the room on the Wonder. We stayed on the 1st floor on the Magic twice and LOVED it! There was no noise and we could disembark on several ports of call at the end of our hall. So, when booking a 3 night cruise on the Wonder, we booked on the first floor again. Not the same room, but down the hall. The mechanical noise was HORRIBLE! By the time we realized it, we had made it through one night and found it not worth complaining and move just for 2 more nights. And, we were not allowed to disembark at the end of our hallway as with the Wonder. We had to go up to the second floor and walk over or down to get off the boat. Very frustrating as it worked so nicely on the Magic. And to this day, not sure why the boats, who are supposed to be so smiliar, weren't!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like that parents could let kids sign themselves out of the kids club. We were on deck 4(i think, the one with the shuffleboard) and noone was out there... a group of young kids came out clowning around, leaning over the sides, ect.... make me very nervous. I did go get a Cast Member, but they just told the kids to behave and walked back inside.

Ditto to Nassau... while we had a great day at Atlantis(doing on my own), we went over with a group, but ended up coming back by ourselves and it was very scary. Trying to figure out what we do there next time. I will likely stay on the boat part of the time but don't want to spend the whole day there.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: