Quantcast Should WDW add WonkaLand - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that Nestle makes Wonka products, I don't know if that means they have the rights to the Wonka name.

I can see a whole Wonka themed area, complete with the chocolate river as well as maybe a ride that you would experience if you were one of the rotten children, like you get to pick if you want to be shrunk, blown up like a blueberry, or go down the garbage chute...

As for the whole old vs. new movie, I like them both for different reasons. The old one has great music while Wilder portrays the crazy side of Wonka. The new one has dark humor, like most Burton films, and Depp's portrayal of Wonka seems to be more secretive and tragic.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    I know that Nestle makes Wonka products, I don't know if that means they have the rights to the Wonka name.
    Really only for use in chocolate bars etc. It's the same way Disney licenses its characters to other companies to use on all kinds of products. The use of name/character is licensed for specific purposes but Disney still owns all rights. Same kind of thing with the Wonka name but not Disney of course.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

No!

Post Thanks / Like

"Pure Imagination" would be a good redo for JIYI.
    They could also make a scene in The Great Movie Ride like similar to The Wizard of Oz.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm the only one on this board that thinks the Depp/Burton version is hilarious and amusing! I was actually creeped out by Gene Wilder's version!

The idea just doesn't seem appealing to me. Most likely because I don't eat any candy except for chocolate. Now I was thinking maybe something along the lines of the "Big Rock Candy Mountains" song, leaving out the streams of alcohol and whatnot

But getting rid of Figment? That's a no-no! Disney needs to come up with a way to use Figment better than that dumb ride (bringing back the old ride would be fine with me!)
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
    I guess I'm the only one on this board that thinks the Depp/Burton version is hilarious and amusing! I was actually creeped out by Gene Wilder's version!

The idea just doesn't seem appealing to me. Most likely because I don't eat any candy except for chocolate. Now I was thinking maybe something along the lines of the "Big Rock Candy Mountains" song, leaving out the streams of alcohol and whatnot

But getting rid of Figment? That's a no-no! Disney needs to come up with a way to use Figment better than that dumb ride (bringing back the old ride would be fine with me!)
    Nope I am with you, I love Depp's version, he is wacky and crazy like Wonka should be. The Wilder version is only loved because its a classic, but I think Depp is truer to the story.

That aside, no way would I want Wonka in the parks. Put it over in Universal where it fits better. Wonka is not Disney nor does it have that Disney feel
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Willy Wonka is my favorite movie of all time. I can appreciate Depp's/Burton's version, as it was more in line with what Dahl created in the book; HOWEVER, the original is still the best and Gene Wilder is phenomenal!

Had the pleasure of meeting all the kids (well, grownups now duh) several years ago at a Sci-Fi (?) convention. Yes, I am that obsessed.

So obviously I would LOVE any kind of attraction that incorporates Willy Wonka. Will it ever happen? Probably not...HersheyPark is probably the closest we'll ever get for chocolate theming LOL
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaredevil View Post
    "Pure Imagination" would be a good redo for JIYI.
    Yeah, I love this suggestion! Talk about a film that stirs the imagination ... perfect fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    That aside, no way would I want Wonka in the parks. Put it over in Universal where it fits better. Wonka is not Disney nor does it have that Disney feel
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of those films always makes me think to myself when I watch it, "Walt Disney would have loved this film."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

While I liked the Gene Wilder version, Johnny Depps version was laugh out loud funny. Guess I just have a warped since of humor.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: