Quantcast 2010 Marathon Characters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Marathon Characters

Not sure if it was the weather or what but Disney did not deliver as many characters as usual this year!

In fact by my count there were only half as many out for the full and at least 10 less for the half.

There were some rare characters though....For the half-marathon, Phineus and Ferb were out as well as Bowler Hat Guy, Wilbur and Luis from "Meet The Robinson's" although these two groups were rotating so most runners saw either or. Also Louis the gator from "Princess and the Frog" was out and he did sign, if you were crafty enough to run with paper and pen. Donald and Mickey also sported new looks for both races. They were in golf attire, very cool!
    For the marathon there were actually very few characters out, very dissapointing. The rare ones included Louis, and a couple of reindeer from the Christmas parties.

Of course I may have missed some. I will post a complete list when I have time. I will also post a complete character report tommorow night.

This year had fewer characters than ever. Although that was dissapointing I still had a great time. Joanna, Like2workout, did you have fun?
    Loads of trips since 1974...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    Not sure if it was the weather or what but Disney did not deliver as many characters as usual this year!
    I think it was because of the economy.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to guess, I would say the weather played a big part (especially for the Half).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

greenlawler, yes i did have fun! it was a great experience and i'm very glad i did it. i plan to sign up for next year too. i just got back in town last night so just now able to reply. i would recommend at least the half marathon to anyone. 1 year to prepare! it was one of the most exciting things i've done, and turning corners to see characters standing there was really fun. i posted more of who i saw in another thread that you started. thanks for the info along the way that you helped me with!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09