Quantcast American Idol: Season 9 - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    On a side note, i am 100% convienced that the contestants have it written into their contracts that they must make stupid faces and hand gestures to "encourage" us to vote for them You doing that doesn't make me want to vote for you, on the contrary it makes me want to kick you!
    I agree 100%--they are all out of control with this. I have decided that if I ever do actually start voting this year (which is not likely) it will be for the contestant that does not do the hand signals, regardless of how they sing.

So, as far as last night--thumbs up to Crystal, Lacey and Didi and thumbs down to Katie and Paige. At this point in the competition everyone should be able to be on-pitch for the majority of the song and they certainly weren't.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Crystal but Siobhan is my favorite. I like Katie as a person, and she has a good voice, but I don't think she's quite ready yet. The others I could care less about, including the boys.
    If and when Crystal and Siobhan are out, I'll probably be done watching. I didn't think I'd be watching this far!

Post Thanks / Like

So tonight I liked Lee and actually Tim,

I don't know if it was that Tim was better tonight than usual, or if it was because I am partial to the song he sang.

And did anyone else want to kick Kara in the mouth when she was crying after Big Mike sang?!?!?
    I mean geez COME ON!
    She is getting nuttier and more stupid every week, she is becoming the new Paula, but Paula was at least more entertaining then just straight up ridiculous like Kara.

Kara is over emotional and unnecessary.

I like Andrew, but I have to admit I started giggling like a schoolgirl when he said "I'm a genie in a bottle......" HAHA! um...dude...... seriously what is with that song pick?!?
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    If and when Crystal and Siobhan are out, I'll probably be done watching. I didn't think I'd be watching this far!
    Boy, who do you think could edge out Crystal at this point in the competition?
    I don't think any of the other girls come anywhere near Crystal's level of natural talent.

There are other good girls, though I actually would put Lacey over Siobhan IMHO (based on Tuesday's performance) but still they fall short of reaching the level that Crystal is at.

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Mike was the best of the night for me. Todrick and Tim both had their best performances to date. Casey, the Carol Brady dude (I can't even remember his name), and Aaron bored me. I feel bad for Andrew Garcia ... I really thought he would be the one to beat, but each week fails to live up to "Straight Up."

I don't get the fascination with Lee at all. Every week he's been quite pitchy.
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My thoughts on the guys ...

Lee Dewyze - "Fireflies" - Fireflies is sort of a thing in our house, because DW and DD both claim to "hate" that song. Both of them liked Lee saying, "He made it better than the real song!" I actually enjoyed it a lot, as well. I thought it was a genuine, compelling "singer-songwriter" kind of performance. I also find him a likeable guy, which probably helps.

Alex Lambert - "Trouble" - I'm a big fan of Ray Lamontagne, so I immediately expected to hate this. I didn't. I thought it was actually pretty decent. Not great ... not over the top, blow me away awesome ... but very solid. It kinda shocked me, actually. But not as much as ...

Tim Urban - "Halleluja" - When I heard he was going to tackle this song (which I love), I almost jumped up and shut the T.V. off. I was expecting a full-blown train wreck. But ya know ... the kid actually did a really nice job with it! This is a hard song to sing well and I found myself very moved by and into his performance. Definitely one of my faves of the night.

Andrew Garcia - "Genie In a Bottle" - Uh ... hmmm ... most of you probably know that, out of the gate, Andrew was my favorite. But man is he struggling. And the thing is, it isn't his voice. He's got pipes. It's everything else! He's gotten himself so worked up about trying to duplicate Straight Up that he has lost all focus. This week was just desperate and almost sad, in a way. I mean I love this guy and I'm totally pulling for him, but ... really?? He may be at risk this week.

Casey James - "You'll Think of Me" - Eh. Safe. Kinda dull. Predictable. Boring. The song was bland. Nice vocal. He'll sail through, but he disappointed me.

Aaron Kelly - "I'm Already There" - Uh, no. It just wasn't good for me, dawg. First off, why did he have that look on his face the entire time like he had bad stomach cramps? He looked like he was in pain. Secondly, this isn't his kind of song. Third, the vocals were only mediocre. I'd put him at the top of my "Risk List."

Todrick Hall - "Somebody to Love" - Yeah, it was his best to date, but I'm still not (Radio) ga-ga. He's too artsy ... too showy for me. I agree with Simon that he has Broadway written all over him. On the plus side, at least he didn't bore me. Kinda curious to see what happens with him, though. He is probably at risk.

Michael Lynche - "This Woman's Work" - Oh boy ... ummm ... I'm either going to get a lot of people agreeing with me or I'm about to get epicly flamed. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Yeah, this is a tough song to sing, but Kate Bush has legendary pipes. Legendary! And having heard the original many, many times I was left pretty flat by this, actually. I like this guy ... a lot ... he's got a great story, but I'm starting to get a Reuben Studdard vibe from him and I'm not a fan of Big Rube. Obviously my opinion is irrelevant (and probably wrong), because everybody else was nuts for this performance.

Kara was absurd last night with the tears, by the way. And so was Ellen, actually, with the running out to give Tim a hug. These judges need to get a grip. Show's not about you!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2 cents...

Lee Dewyze - "Fireflies" - was glad to see the first few guys with the guitars but then it started to get boring. I thought this was just ok-may keep him safe, may not.

Alex Lambert - "Trouble" - Eh once again ok, I mean better than last week and good on the guitar. Someone did remind me last night while I was watching though and digging the musical instruments that this is a singing competition.

Tim Urban - "Halleluja" - Like Ian I was very afraid when I realized what he was singing, but it was decent. Not as good as the original of course but I thought he did as well as Jason Castro, well almost.

Andrew Garcia - "Genie In a Bottle" - Wow, that was a mistake. I feel for him though. He keeps trying to recapture what he had in the audtions and he just isn't doing it. Maybe he will still get votes but soon he is going to have to start backing up the hype or he's gonna be gone.

Casey James - "You'll Think of Me" - Boring, and I love the song but not with him singing it. He's cute but not good vocally last night.

Aaron Kelly - "I'm Already There" - Like the youngest of the females he just seems out of place and not ready for this yet. He should have done Bless the Broken Road or something.

Todrick Hall - "Somebody to Love" - Doh another Glee song! And it just couldn't compare to the original or the Glee version. I did think he was much better than last week but I still don't know if he is top ten material.

Michael Lynche - "This Woman's Work" - Yeah I didn't know the song at all so that didn't help but other than rocking the one big note I so did not see what the fuss was all about at ALL. I mean he's ok but Kara crying??? What a dope.

I thought the girls out-sang the guys this week...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, yes, the judges need to get a grip! Kara's really bugging me. The know it all attitude she gets, some of the stupid things she says, and then last night with the tears? I want to like her, but she keeps pushing me away. Ellen, with the hug, was a bit much too. Stay in your seat. Throw him a hug from there.

Aaron is at the top of my Time to Go Home list. That song just was not for him, and he's young and not the best. Maybe with more time, but not now.

Maybe it's time to go: Alex, I'm still not sure if his norm is what he delivered on week one, when everyone thought he should go home, or more what he did last week. I would give him another week (and one more chance to get rid of the mullet. When a mullet is your trademark look, it's time for a new look). Tim Urban. Go home. So he did a not-terrible job on one song. Are we here to applaud the not terrible? The mediocre but cute? It was passable at best. We're only glad to see him not bomb. It's no reason to keep him. Todrick, better this week but I'm still not loving him.

Can stick around: Andrew, is struggling. This week, it was a little desperate. But we've seen him do better and I hope he doesn't get sent home. Though, I never really loved his Straight Up, either. I'm waiting to see what else he can bring. I don't think he has peaked yet. Michael, yes it was good. I didn't get chills and I didn't cry, but he can sing and he should stay. Casey, I liked him more than the judges (and more than Ian) did. I thought it was a solid performance. He can do better, sure, but I liked him this week. Lee, he's not the best but he's far from the worst and he does interesting things that keep me looking for him every week. Fireflies is an abomination of a song. It's awful! But he made it okay. (not great, but okay, a big improvement on an really bad song).

I still think Crystal Bowersox is the one to beat. But how will she do when they roll out the Theme weeks? Hmmm.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Kara's really bugging me. The know it all attitude she gets, some of the stupid things she says ...
    Speaking of which, I loved it when Simon shut her down on her critique of Aaron! That was such a stupid thing for her to say ... that he shouldn't sing that song because it's about having kids. I was cheering when Simon told her that, basically, she was dumb.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    And did anyone else want to kick Kara in the mouth when she was crying after Big Mike sang?!?!?
    I mean geez COME ON!
    She is getting nuttier and more stupid every week, she is becoming the new Paula, but Paula was at least more entertaining then just straight up ridiculous like Kara.

Kara is over emotional and unnecessary.
    Yes!! She was totally ridiculous. And, it seemed really fake to me, the way she was sniffling and leaning on Simon's shoulder. Gimme a break!

I was surprised by Tim and Alex last night, and though I wanted to like Andrew, I agree with everyone else. I think he's really floundering up there right now. I hope he gets it together soon!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not submitted my input to this discussion so far this week and have really not felt the urge to. At last I broke my feelings down to 3 points:
    1) Cyrstal is far and away the best of the bunch.
    2) Don't get the judges praises for Big Mike this week at the most that was just so-so.
    3) In general I feel as if I just completely wasted 2 hours. Two nice long naps would have been time better spent.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I am completely shocked by the fact that Katie and Paige are still there! While I wasn't necessarily a fan, I think Lilly was better than those two. I do agree with letting Katelyn go, her performance this week was a terrible version of a hotel lounge singer.

I agree with the guys votes, expect now that Carol Brady is gone, who will I make fun of??

hmmmmm. I guess I'll stick with Kara till they give her the boot.

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

I for one, loved Lily. She was my clear favorite. I do like Siobhan and Crystal, but I just connected to something with Lily. I am very bummed that she got kicked off and my American Idol passion is definitely almost 100% gone now this season. I had so much fun in the past following this show and doing my review but with so many uninteresting people left, I don't know that I'll make it through the whole season. We'll see.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Lilly is gone, however I thought Didi or Lacey should have been out before Katelyn.

Did anyone catch Lilly's face when Ryan said her name?! Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    Did anyone catch Lilly's face when Ryan said her name?! Wow!
    I noticed that, too! Also, Katelyn had a look of disgust on her face when they announced that Lily was going.
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Maybe I am just too easily annoyed by certain people, but does anyone else think it is ridiculous when the contestants, (especially the one that was in the final 2 with the person, but got to stay) start to cry and carry on because the other person is leaving?

I mean, if it is hurting you this bad to see that person go, then sacrifice yourself and let them stay and you can go home, that way it will be less painful for you!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I was happy with America's decisions. I think everyone who went home, on some level, deserved to go. Todrick and Carol Brady were definitely at the bottom of the guy's list and, while I agree that Katie or Paige probably should have gone before Lily I can see why she went. She was took quirky and odd to make it deep on American Idol. I mean I love Patsy Cline, but even I wouldn't have picked that song for her.

I dunno ... maybe I'm just easy or something, but I don't really get all the hand wringing over the quality of the show this season. I think it's exactly the same as it's been every year. It just takes awhile to connect with people, because you're getting to know them. I now have clear favorites on both the girls and guys and am fully vested in watching. If anything, I think this season has much more interesting storylines and performers than some years past. There are a lot of folks to root for her.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fact that the judges panel is awkward and tense doesn't help the rhythm of the show run any smoother. And the talent this year really doesn't seem as promising as past years to me. There are a few standouts, but it seems that there are usually more that have possibilities by now. I don't exactly think there's hand-wringing going on. That would imply a much higher level of interest than most of us would commit to at this point, I suspect. But I do think it's as much about the judges as the talent.

Really sorry to see Lilly go, too. She was one of the few standouts for me. Not at all sorry to lose Katelyn, Toddrick, or Alex, though.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agreed with the guy's vote, but the girl's? Wow. Katie and Paige were awful the other night, technically and otherwise, IMO. One or both of them must be on the Vote for the Worst list.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really sorry to see Lilly go last night. I think she brought something really different and unique to the show, and looked forward to hearing what she was going to do each week. The others, meh.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: