Quantcast 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. We had already done away with all the bottles exept nap/bed time one.

When I got him back from his dad's this weekend he had yet another severe rash and the runs Poor kid comes home like that so much I almost think his dad feeds him horribly on purpose. Well, the rash got so bad that I couldn't even wipe him. Had to put him in the tub 4-5 times yesterday. Desitin only seemed to make it worse. So he was a screaming miserable mess all day, so I was a weak mommy and gave him his water in a bottle, so that he would lay down and be comfortable.

I just want to ring his father's neck. How is it possible that every weekend when he comes home from his dad's that he is a mess?
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Well, the rash got so bad that I couldn't even wipe him. Had to put him in the tub 4-5 times yesterday. Desitin only seemed to make it worse. So he was a screaming miserable mess all day, so I was a weak mommy and gave him his water in a bottle, so that he would lay down and be comfortable.
    I know older people give advice you don't want, but my aunt gave me this piece, and it worked wonders. Instead of using Desitin, which can sometimes seal the rash in, go to the store and buy some Miconazle (yeast infection cream). A diaper rash is just a yeast infection on the outside anyhow, so it makes perfect sense. My LO had one at Thanksgiving that was so bad that she bled from it, started using the Miconazle and it was gone in a day or two. Hope it works for you.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Lizzy, sorry to hear about your little guy. We are going through something similar in our home. The stomach bug has invaded our home. Gavin stated throwing up at 1am on Saturday and finally he stopped throwing up late last night, but now it has turned into very runny poopies (almost pure water). The poor kid screams every time he poops. Today alone we have had 3 baths and it’s not even dinner time yet. I called my doctor and she said it’s the bug and it will pass. I am just concerned about hydration. Let’s keep our fingers crossed Emerson has not come down with it yet. Hope everyone’s little ones don’t get this stomach bug I feel so helpless
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seemed like last night he was on the mend, and this morning first thing he did still have diarrhea but actually let me clean him! Then mid morning it started all over again and he has been in the bath twice already, and he doesn't even want the water to touch him. I feel so helpless!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    I know older people give advice you don't want, but my aunt gave me this piece, and it worked wonders. Instead of using Desitin, which can sometimes seal the rash in, go to the store and buy some Miconazle (yeast infection cream). A diaper rash is just a yeast infection on the outside anyhow, so it makes perfect sense. My LO had one at Thanksgiving that was so bad that she bled from it, started using the Miconazle and it was gone in a day or two. Hope it works for you.
    I used to use that on DD (when she was a baby) as well.

Another thing that clears up diaper rash quickly is (belive it or not) Maalox. The liquid antiacid. DD once had it so bad, The doctor I worked for told me to use it and wow it cleared it up. It doesn't matter what flavor.. I used cherry. Just dab it on with a cotton ball.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to take Sammie to the doctor yesterday. She has pink eye in both eyes. I have no clue where she got it, as no one else around us has had it recently. Oh well, such is life, I guess. She doesn't act like it bothers her much, just hates being held down to put the meds in her eyes.

She's still tiny, though. Fully dressed and in a diaper, she was a whopping 19.7 lbs. DH's mom is determined to buy her a new carseat, because she thinks she's outgrown the rear-facing one. However, she's not supposed to face the front for another 6 lbs. I can't seem to get that through her head. Gonna try again tomorrow to convince her of the fact. Ugh! Sorry, I'll get off my box now.

Anyone else have such a tiny LO still?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Susan- Myers is not tiny anymore, but he is still rear facing and will be for a while. His car seat (a MyRide65) will rear face until 40 lbs. Maybe you can explain to your MIL that not only is it illegal for Sammie to be forward facing at her weight, but she is 5 times safer rear facing. Also, you could tell her that the American Pediatric Association recommends that kids stay rear facing until AT LEAST two in car seat that has a higher height and weight limits. If I hadn't read an article about car seat safety in Parent magazine, I would have turned Myers around at 1. After researching it, we are rear facing as long as possible. Some people have given me a hard time about it, but I am sticking to my guns on this one.

We went to the ENT today and Myers will get tubes in his ears on March 19th.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

if you mother in law really wants to get a new car seat..let her..no one says you have to put it in your car right away..let her feel good she got to buy it..but dont use it until sammie really needs it..
    goodluck with her..im having some mother in law problems right now and its not fun! ugh..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post

Another thing that clears up diaper rash quickly is (belive it or not) Maalox .
    That is so funny. The Nurse on call last night (it got really bad last night and I couldn't take it anymore) said to first put him in a baking soda bath, then let him air dry. Which meant walk around without a diaper on- that was a disaster but funny as all get out. Then mix Diaper Cream, Hydrocortozone and Maalox and paint on his tush.

I was like Maalox? I went to the store and started second guessing what I heard but I did it and it worked wonders!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    That is so funny. The Nurse on call last night (it got really bad last night and I couldn't take it anymore) said to first put him in a baking soda bath, then let him air dry. Which meant walk around without a diaper on- that was a disaster but funny as all get out. Then mix Diaper Cream, Hydrocortozone and Maalox and paint on his tush.

I was like Maalox? I went to the store and started second guessing what I heard but I did it and it worked wonders!

I am glad it worked out. Maalox works on stomach acid.... why not urine. It soothes skin( stomach lining) and neuralizes the acids. The Maalox was the one thing we always told our fertility pateints when they got pregnant.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Susan - Stick to your guns on the car seat issue. My mom was all for switching out the car seat for my oldest, but I finally told her my feelings on it and sent her an email with a link from the CHP and it seemed to do the trick.

Sammie is a cutie and don't worry about her weight. My oldest still isn't 40 lbs yet and is always in 5% for weight.

Lizzy - I've never heard of the malox thing before either, but trust me I'll make a mental note of that one for future use. Diaper rash is the worst. Desitin never worked on either of my girls. I used but paste (spelled different on purpose so it didn't get the *) and baby powder during the summer when my girls got a heat rash from the diapers.

Kristen - I'm sorry Myers has to get tubes. Hopefully it helps with the ear infections. Having had 30+ ear infections and ruptured ear drums as a kid I know how painful and difficult ear issues can be. Knock on wood we haven't had ear issues with the girls.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it has been a long time since I've been on Intercot regularly Working full-time and being a mom is hard work. I knew it would be hard but I didn't realize how much time juggling and remembering it would require. It doesn't help that Elias has been sick on and off since late Dec. Thanks for all of the thoughts & prayers back when he was on oxygen with RSV. It was scary and he is doing much better but we still have to do nebulizer treatments every time he has a cold....which is quite often since he goes to daycare twice a week. Plus I am studying to take a test in april to become a professional engineer. I am ready for spring/summer. All that being said I still can't believe how much fun being a mom is. It is just amazing how happy and fun little kids are!

Susan, stick to your guns on the car seat. I'm with Kristin and don't plan to turn the seat until he is 2. Some of my co-workers have laughed at me and said I'm going to be one of those overprotective mothers and it will backfire and he'll be a daredevil. But I really don't think I'm overly protective on other things but the car seat is the one thing I'm not budging on. Plus, it certainly doesn't seem like Elias is uncomfortable or minds riding backwards. He is on the little side as well. Right around 21-22 pounds at 17 months. Not quite as small as Sammie but only 10th percentile.

Wishing everyone a happy soon to be spring and I hope to be around here more often.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I am glad it worked out. Maalox works on stomach acid.... why not urine. It soothes skin( stomach lining) and neuralizes the acids. The Maalox was the one thing we always told our fertility pateints when they got pregnant.
    Ladies thanks for the tip!! Gavin had horrible diaper rash this week I wish I had known about this. I even called my doctors and they didn't even tell me this. You all make being a mommy a little easier. I love that we all share these little tip

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post
    Susan, stick to your guns on the car seat. I'm with Kristin and don't plan to turn the seat until he is 2. Right around 21-22 pounds at 17 months. Not quite as small as Sammie but only 10th percentile.
    We bought a Chicco because it is rated up to 30 lbs. (I'm a diabetic and expected a big kid... funny how that worked out ) So I don't plan to turn her around until she's 30 lbs... or we have another kid come along that needs it, which won't be until at least next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgesgirl1 View Post
    Susan- Myers is not tiny anymore, but he is still rear facing and will be for a while. His car seat (a MyRide65) will rear face until 40 lbs. Maybe you can explain to your MIL that not only is it illegal for Sammie to be forward facing at her weight, but she is 5 times safer rear facing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DizNee143 View Post
    if you mother in law really wants to get a new car seat..let her..no one says you have to put it in your car right away..let her feel good she got to buy it..but dont use it until sammie really needs it..
    goodluck with her..im having some mother in law problems right now and its not fun! ugh..
    She keeps Sammie on Wednesdays, so she has her own car seat, (which goes up to 25 lbs so I don't know what the big deal is). She wanted to replace it. But, she finally agreed with me, ssort of... We agreed to just use my car seat and switch it back and forth. It's a pain, but worth it to me to keep her rear facing.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

We started DS on baby food yesterday. He seems to like it. He's 4 1/2 months old. Bananas are his first food. It's pretty exciting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We booked our October trip. We are staying at Kindani Village in a Savanna view studio for 6 nights. Even though it will be a farther drive to the parks, it wil be worth being able to see the animals from our room. Myers already loves watching animals of all types, so I think he will love the view! Just 206 days to go!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Kristen how exciting you will have a great trip and Meyers will love the animals

Hope all the mom's are doing well. We all just got over the stomach bug and flu. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful husband that took care of us all. He was so lucky he never got it.

On a happy note we just got back from a mini vacation we gent to the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge in NY. The kids had a great time in the water park. The only problem was the kids kept asking where is the Magic Kingdom and Mickey Mouse. I guess that's what you get for having a Disney Family

Happy St. Patricks Day Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

soo..Cheyenne..is almost 4 months!!! shes 15 weeks..
    and on monday march 22nd..she started rolling over!!
    she rolls from her back to her tummy..
    and she wont stop..
    i put her on her back i turn around for like 10 seconds and when i look back at her she is on her tummy..
    let the fun begin..lol..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany I can’t believe Cheyenne is almost 4 months. Kids grow up so fast. I still can remember the day I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. Here we are 4 years later and getting ready to celebrate her Birthday. Enjoy every moment as my mother tells me, because before you know it they are grown and out of the house. Scary thought I want to keep them small for ever.

Hope everyone is doing well. We just hit 180 days for our next Disney vacation and made all our ADR’s. We are so excited. I know a few of you are also going soon, hope your having as much fun as me planning.

I know I am a bit early but, Happy Easter Ladies

Post Thanks / Like

We're taking DS on his premier Disney trip in less than two months. We are so excited. We're staying right outside the parks so that we can have two full bedrooms and a kitchen. I can't imagine having to sleep in the same little room with the baby for a whole week. I think it will help him to take naps and everything as well. DH and I are loving every minute we have with our little one. He's just about 5 months now and will be just shy of 7 months for his first Walt Disney World vacation.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: