Quantcast 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club

This thread is for Moms and Moms-to-Be to discuss and share all that is related to being a Mom or a Mom-to-Be.

Congratulations and Happy Chatting.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We had Myers first birthday party yesterday. It was Disney themed of course! My SIL made a beautiful Mickey cake for us. I posted pictures on Facebook. If you want to see them and aren't already my friend on Facebook PM me and I'll give you the info. He got tons of gifts, and I don't know where all of them will go. I guess this will be the problem with an early January b-day! He got a really nice Radio Flyer wagon, a Diego trike, a swing, and a Cozy Coupe all of which we will put up until spring. He also got a ton of cute clothes, money for his education fund, and several other little presents. I can't believe he is already 1. This year has flown by and I know time will only go more quickly as he gets older.

Poor little guy is also cutting 4 teeth right now! He is very irritable because of it. I am glad some more teeth are coming in b/c right now he only has 2!

I go back to school tomorrow. I am torn about it. It was very nice to have 2 weeks off, but I miss the structure of a work week. BUT I also LOVE spending the whole day with Myers and since George had last week off too we have had so much fun as a family. But it is all downhill from Christmas. We have days off every month until school gets out for summer in just 90 day!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Meyers

The years will just fly by. Cherish each moment with your little guy. They grow up way too fast.

My DD also had a Disney theme for her first birthday, and several afterward. She just turned 10 in early December. I can't believe she is 10. Time has passed by so quickly.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheyenne Update..

i just wanted to give a little update..
    well lil Ms Cheyenne is now a month old!
    where did the time go??

she was great for about the first week home..she woke up id feed and changed her and back to sleep...now-a-days she stays up after all that for a while..and some days just never goes back to sleep inbetween those feedings..
    but she still seems to get the message to go to sleep at night..so i cant really complain..lol

she is a gassy baby..and since i stopped breast feeding about 2-3 weeks ago..she doesnt poop as much..and i swear thats all she does in her spare time now..is trying to poop..since i guess she was soo use to going every time she ate..this once..maybe twice a day is really getting to her..

shes been lifting her head up when we go to burp her since the 2nd day of her life..so shes getting really good at the already..
    we just got a play/tummy mat for christmas..and tried it out for the first time..i guess she liked it..she didnt cry..lol..

i believe we are experiencing colic..not fun..but not to bad either..everything night between the hour of 10 and 11 she'll start wailing away and just keep crying..we are going on 6 nights of it so far..but i seemed to have found the trip to calm her down..so really its not to bad..

we go for her one month check up this morning..and shes getting at least one shot!

i think thats it for now..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that month went by fast!

PJ hit the ground running for his terrible two's. This kid is into EVERYTHING! He turned 2 on Dec 14. He is very disobedient and spiteful. He gets time outs here and there but usually his mischeif brings enough punishment on himself! For example, he was pulling the cords from behind the fish tank, not sure how he could reach them because I can't! And pulled a strobe light down on top of his head! It was a big one too. He climbed up and stood on top of his ride on horse (it has wheels for feet) to look at the fish and of course, horse took off and left him on his rear.

One thing that he does though, is when I tell him not to touch something, he does anyway. When I go to take it away he will throw whatever it is down really fast. He keeps breaking things that way. He even will yell out in frusteration. He has been throwing himself on the floor with tantrums. I just put him down and leave him there. One time he let it go for almost an hour! He pretty much lost his voice on that one.

But usually he is a pretty good little man and has a funny sense of humor. This guy at the grocery the other day was walking funny away from PJ, and PJ followed and walked the same way. The guy didn't know it. When he stopped PJ cracked up and came running back. Yeah, I laughed too.

My older son, 11 has been having many problems and difficulties. I think he may need some sort of medication to help him. But I took him to Drs that the insurance company referred me to, and the Dr wanted to send him elsewhere for meds. But wanted to keep seeing him too. DS was not being truthful to her and the Dr had a meeting with me and basically blamed me for all his problems! My son doesn't talk to me, he cries and bawls, or shuts me out completly. He does whatever he wants to do. He lies to my face and everyone else's about school work and homework. He can't remember simple instructions when I ask him the smallest thing to do. I am at my wits end with him.
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany- I can't believe Cheyenne is a month old already! When I stopped breastfeeding at about 4.5 month, Myers became quite gassy and pooped a lot less. I think it is just something that comes with formula. Mylicon at night seemed to help him sleep better. Also, keeping him semi upright for about 30 minutes after a bottle helped too. If it is really bad you could always try a different type of formula.

Lizzy- I'm sorry things are tough right now. I don't really have an advice, but I know sometimes it help to just hear that someone cares.

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...didn't mean to send that yet. Ooops!

Myers came down with a stomach virus on Sunday night. Poor little man was pretty bad off with vomiting and I was really worried about dehydration. He is all better now though and we went to his 12 month check-up on Thursday. He weighs 21 lbs 10 oz (he lost almost a pound when he was sick) and is 27 inches long (so still really short). He did really well with his shots though. Of course he cried when he got them, but we haven't had any fever or terrible irritability like can sometimes occur.

I hope everyone's little ones (or big ones since they are getting so old) are doing well. Susan, Lacy, Melissa, Thayre- Would love to hear updates on your babies!

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everybody had a good Christmas and New Year's.

We had a very busy holiday season. We suprised our girls with a trip to Disneyland. We drove down Christmas afternoon and spent Saturday and CA and Sunday at DL. We had such a wonderful time. Maddie actually kissed Minnie on the nose! I still have to check the photo pass pictures to see if they caught it on camera. Abby is finally tall enough and brave enough to ride Space Mountain and the Materhorn. She loved Materhorn but didn't link Space Mountain, although she did ride it twice.

As of this weekend, Maddie is officially walking. She will stand up in the middle of the room and walk across the room. She took her first steps in October, but wouldn't take more than one or two steps. I'm sure she will be running before the end of the month.

My dh's new job is going really well and he loves being home with the girls. My job is really stinky right now and I'm finally taking the step to re-write my resume and hope to start sending it out this week.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

DS is 2 1/2 months old now. He's our little angel baby. He's been sleeping through the night steadily from 6 weeks on. I had to return to work a week and a half ago so it's been hard on me, but DH stays home with him so they have lots of good Daddy and son bonding. We are so very happy to have him in our lives and feel extremely blessed.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by January-2007 View Post
    DS is 2 1/2 months old now. He's our little angel baby. He's been sleeping through the night steadily from 6 weeks on. I had to return to work a week and a half ago so it's been hard on me, but DH stays home with him so they have lots of good Daddy and son bonding. We are so very happy to have him in our lives and feel extremely blessed.
    did your son just magically one day start sleeping through the night?
    my little girl will be 6 weeks this coming friday..and we still wake up every 3 - 4 hours..
    the only time she sleeps for long periods of time is if shes fussing and crying like crazy just before bedtime..and we'll get like a good 5 hours or more out of her..
    but i dont know what to do to get her to sleep longer..or do i just have to wait until her body pretty much tells her to sleep more..
    i thought shed sleep alot last night since she only had one 4 hour period of sleeping doing the day and was up the rest of the day..but she only made it about 4 hours..
    today im gonna start doing a whole schedule thing..with a bath and all that and put her in her crib..i heard itll be rough for a little while..but in the long run work out for us..
    i just want her to sleep a bit longer!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that 6 week point was where the sleep (or not enough at once) thing was starting to wear on me with PJ.

I started using J&J Johnson lavendar bath (not the walmart brand because the walmart brand stinks) and made sure it was every day at te same time. I started giving him a couple more ounces of formula than I was giving him, and played some classical music and he started sleeping pretty good. But still got up at least once in the middle of the night.

He is 2 now and still 2-3 times a week he will get up in the middle of the night.
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not pregnant yet, but me and Kenny have decided that within the next year or so we're going to give it a try!

I'm nervous because I'm soon to be 33 and I fear the 'what if.' My mom nearly died having me and it didn't help knowing all the details in depth. She had bad kidneys, I do not. My dx says despite my Epilepsy and IBS, I'm very healthy.

Plus, I work as a travel writer. I travel throughout the year to lots of places including WDW and D-Land. I am trying to figure out how I would work that out with a child.

This is something we've wanted for a while, but I never realized it until last year when we really thought I was pregnant.

So here's lots of hopes for I'm planning on my next trip in May to get a book and get siggies from all the characters/CM's. It'll be little one's first baby book.

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Anna, I am sure all will be well and you and Kenny will be blessed with a little one to share your Disney love with! Best wishes!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I haven't been here in a while. Actually, we got rid of our internet at home, and I just don't have enough time to get on at school, at least not often. But since Kristin asked...

I took Sammie for her 15 month check up on Monday. I've been noticing some signs of diabetes for the past few weeks, things like soaking through diapers, sleeping a lot more, and drinking constantly. It may be that I'm just super-sensitive (I'm type-1, both of my parents are type-2), but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    However, Sammie is, like I said, 15.5 months old, and she weighs 18 lbs 8 oz and is 29 inches tall. No, she wasn't a preemie, for those of you who don't know us. The pediatrician has been wanting to run some tests on her, and I finally relented. Truthfully, I thought that maybe my milk was the cause of her "petiteness," but she's been weaned for 3 months and eats like a pig and still is way, way below her growth curve. Supposedly, babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by 1 year, and she's yet to do it.
    So the doctor said, since we've got to stick her to check her sugar, lets just do it all. So they drew blood (a venastick, in the elbow, like an adult... horrible, horrible... I had to hold her, tight, to keep her from kicking or hitting, or whatever... horrible) to check her metabolic rate, her thyroid, her growth hormone, and her insulin levels. All that, after 3 shots. She's now terrified of anyone in scrubs.
    I was told I'd know something by Friday. It may be nothing. Her maternal grandmother is 5'1" and her maternal great-grandmother was 4'9". But it's not her height that has us concerned. It's the fact that she's only gained 7 oz in the past 3 months, and less than a pound before that, and before that. She's gained less than 12 pounds in 13 months. She eats constantly, but gains no weight. We feed her fatty foods, and she gains no weight.
    If I'm right about the diabetes (and I hope I'm not), that could explain the lack of weight gain, as well. I'm just waiting to hear from them. But I'm trying not to worry. My daughter is gorgeous, super friendly, very intelligent, and has hit every milestone before average times. So she's small? She's just right to me. She's our petite princess.
    And if something is wrong, then we've caught it early enough to do something about it. If not, then she's just going to be a little girl. Hey, maybe she can play the part of Tinkerbell someday!

So that's what's up in our world right now.

Anna-We plan to start trying again this summer. I'd like our next one to be born at the end of the next school year, since I teach.
    Kristin, Melissa-Sorry I haven't frequented FB lately. It's blocked at school, and as I said, we don't have access at home anymore. I need to go to my mom's and see how your LO's are growing. I'm about to post our trip report from Sammie's first birthday visit, and hoping to add pictures soon.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Susan - I really hope that Sammie's results come back ok. I have a friend who's doctor completely freaked them out that their daughter was 3% across the board. He wanted to do all kinds of test and even did the celiac test which requires the baby to be put under anastesia (sp?). Their daughter had just started walking and had lost 1lb. Come to find out she was just fine. The kicker was her mom is 4' 10" and her dad is 5' 8", so it's not like she was going to be a giant to begin with. Hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Got the news last night. Sammie's just fine! All tests came back normal. Guess she's just going to be a little girl. But that's fine with me, as long as she's healthy.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, there is nothing wrong with petite that's for sure! I was all of 5'2" and only 95-105 lbs until I was 25.

Man I miss those days before 2 divorces, 2 kids and 2 miscarriages. Excuse me while I go for a run around the block
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Hallie is now 9 1/2 months. I was so upset I ahd to miss her 9 month check up. I had jury duty, and couldn't cancel it or I would not have gotten another appt. for a while. I had my DD who is 19 and my friend who used to be a pediatric nurse take her in my place. She is now 18.6 lbs. according to that, she feels a lot heavier to me, and is 28 inches long. Everything was perfectly normal. She is so into everything, she really keeps me running. She crawls around at record speed I swear! Still only 2 teeth, but a bunch are on the way, so says the dr.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys!

Still hanging in there. Just got over AF for the month. I just got an update on our insurance status..... We're covered 100 percent! After our deductible of course. We have a 1250 deductible and then, everything is covered. The good news is that my hubby is covered through Wally World where he works as a stocker. He also works in the kitchen a few days a week (not my choice, but his) at the Hard Rock Hotel in Catoosa and is eligible for their insurance which is incredible!

I've applied for several at home jobs to do in addition to travel writing. I plan to do 25 hours a week, but will cut back a while when baby comes. We've already picked out names; Brianna Rose (Brianna because Anna has to be in her name. It's a family name.) or Jack Wayne. You might have guessed....they have Disney names. Rose from Briar Rose aka Sleeping Beauty, my all-time fave Disney movie and Jack from POTC, Capt. Jack! I'm thinking up another girl's name since twins run in both our families. If we have another girl, we want to call her Jennifer Charlotte. Jennifer after a friend of ours who died of Cystic fibrosis and Charlotte after Princess Tiana's friend in Princess and the frog. If we have another boy, I want to call him Elias something. Though Kenny might think that would be Disney overkill. LOL.

Anna
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    Well, I haven't been here in a while. Actually, we got rid of our internet at home, and I just don't have enough time to get on at school, at least not often. But since Kristin asked...

I took Sammie for her 15 month check up on Monday. I've been noticing some signs of diabetes for the past few weeks, things like soaking through diapers, sleeping a lot more, and drinking constantly. It may be that I'm just super-sensitive (I'm type-1, both of my parents are type-2), but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    However, Sammie is, like I said, 15.5 months old, and she weighs 18 lbs 8 oz and is 29 inches tall. No, she wasn't a preemie, for those of you who don't know us. The pediatrician has been wanting to run some tests on her, and I finally relented. Truthfully, I thought that maybe my milk was the cause of her "petiteness," but she's been weaned for 3 months and eats like a pig and still is way, way below her growth curve. Supposedly, babies are supposed to triple their birth weight by 1 year, and she's yet to do it.
    So the doctor said, since we've got to stick her to check her sugar, lets just do it all. So they drew blood (a venastick, in the elbow, like an adult... horrible, horrible... I had to hold her, tight, to keep her from kicking or hitting, or whatever... horrible) to check her metabolic rate, her thyroid, her growth hormone, and her insulin levels. All that, after 3 shots. She's now terrified of anyone in scrubs.
    I was told I'd know something by Friday. It may be nothing. Her maternal grandmother is 5'1" and her maternal great-grandmother was 4'9". But it's not her height that has us concerned. It's the fact that she's only gained 7 oz in the past 3 months, and less than a pound before that, and before that. She's gained less than 12 pounds in 13 months. She eats constantly, but gains no weight. We feed her fatty foods, and she gains no weight.
    If I'm right about the diabetes (and I hope I'm not), that could explain the lack of weight gain, as well. I'm just waiting to hear from them. But I'm trying not to worry. My daughter is gorgeous, super friendly, very intelligent, and has hit every milestone before average times. So she's small? She's just right to me. She's our petite princess.
    And if something is wrong, then we've caught it early enough to do something about it. If not, then she's just going to be a little girl. Hey, maybe she can play the part of Tinkerbell someday!

So that's what's up in our world right now.

Anna-We plan to start trying again this summer. I'd like our next one to be born at the end of the next school year, since I teach.
    Kristin, Melissa-Sorry I haven't frequented FB lately. It's blocked at school, and as I said, we don't have access at home anymore. I need to go to my mom's and see how your LO's are growing. I'm about to post our trip report from Sammie's first birthday visit, and hoping to add pictures soon.
    You teach? So do I. I teach student online. Grades K-8 in reading mostly. I also grade papers and tests. I do that in between travel assignments.

Anna
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media: