Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - January 31-Feb 16, 2010 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

As long as the weather doesn't interfere with our flight down on the 10th or flight home on the 17th we can deal with a little rain.
    It's better than the snow and single digit temps we are having here at home.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

What exactly do you mean by "big severe weather threat" Jan 16-18? Thunderstorms? Too severe to go to the parks?

Thanks for your reports! They are so helpful!

5 Days!
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneykid@hrt View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "big severe weather threat" Jan 16-18? Thunderstorms? Too severe to go to the parks?
    With a major severe weather threat this time of the year you're generally talking about 3-4 hours of thunderstorms. Rain may sometimes last longer, but the period where you really don't want to be out side is fairly short. So, it won't ruin your whole day at the parks, but there may be a period of time where you'll want to park it inside.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I just want to thank you for your dedication in getting us the best weather reports available! Your hard work is definitely appreciated.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Chris, I just want to thank you for your dedication in getting us the best weather reports available! Your hard work is definitely appreciated.
    Thanks, Christi. I enjoy doing it. Since I'm no longer doing meteorology as a paying job (I'm a pastor) this gives me an outlet to combine 2 of my favorite things -weather and Disney.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

we are flying down on the 24th with our 7 month old son. i'm getting nervous trying to figure out how to dress him. pretty much i'll just pack every piece of clothing i own of his!

i hope it doesn't snow up here when we fly down!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
    we are flying down on the 24th with our 7 month old son. i'm getting nervous trying to figure out how to dress him. pretty much i'll just pack every piece of clothing i own of his
    Just hang tight on packing. I know it's tempting to want to pack for a Disney vacation WAY in advance, but especially with the fees for baggage on airlines these days you don't want to pack a lot of unnecessary stuff. Wait until your vacation is within the 7 day "safe" forecast window then you should have a good idea of how to pack.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Just hang tight on packing. I know it's tempting to want to pack for a Disney vacation WAY in advance, but especially with the fees for baggage on airlines these days you don't want to pack a lot of unnecessary stuff. Wait until your vacation is within the 7 day "safe" forecast window then you should have a good idea of how to pack.
    but i can't wait that long!!! just kidding!! good advice.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love your take on the snow - we're expecting ONE INCH tonight and I seriously could find NO bread at the grocery store today.

If ya'll don't hear from me again, the one inch of snow yeti got me.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MushuGrl View Post
    I love your take on the snow - we're expecting ONE INCH tonight and I seriously could find NO bread at the grocery store today.
    Yep. Meteorologists in the south get a kickback from bread and milk companies every time we mention snow. I still don't know what makes everyone here run out and buy milk and bread when snow is mentioned but they do. As if we're going to be snowed in for 2 weeks or something. It's really hilarious.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Meteorologists in the south get a kickback from bread and milk companies every time we mention snow. I still don't know what makes everyone here run out and buy milk and bread when snow is mentioned but they do. As if we're going to be snowed in for 2 weeks or something. It's really hilarious.
    Not just in the south, Chris.....Here in south central PA, any time there is a hint of snow, the stores have runs on bread and milk....You would think that people were expecting to be snowed in for days, or even weeks!!!

Of course, that makes it bad on the roadways, with everybody heading out to the stores at the first sign of a flurry.....

Post Thanks / Like

Chris what days are you going to WDW? Will we still be able to get our weather fixes here at Intercot?!?!? (We'll be at WDW the last week of January)

Btw, we got 5" of snow overnight here in mid-Missouri. Melted core produced only 0.04" of liquid. VERY light and fluffy.

Thanks for your weather info.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Not just in the south, Chris.....Here in south central PA, any time there is a hint of snow, the stores have runs on bread and milk....You would think that people were expecting to be snowed in for days, or even weeks!!!

Of course, that makes it bad on the roadways, with everybody heading out to the stores at the first sign of a flurry.....
    yep i see that here in PA, esp since i work in one.
    Have a great trip. Look forward to the weather for my trip on the 25th
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    Chris what days are you going to WDW? Will we still be able to get our weather fixes here at Intercot?!?!? (We'll be at WDW the last week of January)
    Jan, I'm in Disney from this Saturday (Jan 9) through the 15th. I'll get an update in on Friday and Saturday. After that not as sure. It'll depend on my schedule. I'm not down just for fun. I'm teaching at a creativity conference for church leaders so I'll be tied up, but, at the minimum, I'll update every other day next week. No worries, I'll have you covered!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default thank you

Chris,
    Thank you so much for the information. This is the most important thread, I've been watching it like a hawk! We'll arrive late on the 16th for our one week holiday. Feeling nervous when I see pictures from Florida of ice, etc. feel so sad for the farmers. Wishing you a productive meeting!
    Thanks again,
    Teresa
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

oh geez. major system coming on the 25th? we arrive on the 24th with a 7 month old.

what does that mean?

Post Thanks / Like

So do we, (arrive on the 24th, but not with a 7 month old.) What exactly do you mean by major system on the 25th? That doesn't sound good....

Post Thanks / Like

At least it looks to be warmer. I don't mind the rain but I was hoping it wouldn't be, like, Alaska when it happened.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    So do we, (arrive on the 24th, but not with a 7 month old.) What exactly do you mean by major system on the 25th? That doesn't sound good....
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
    oh geez. major system coming on the 25th? we arrive on the 24th with a 7 month old.

what does that mean?
    Major system just means heavy rain/thunderstorms for a few hours. You'll definitely want to take a break during that time, but that's voodoo. We'll see if it still shows up today.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Major system just means heavy rain/thunderstorms for a few hours. You'll definitely want to take a break during that time, but that's voodoo. We'll see if it still shows up today.
    oh boy. well, rain never hurt anyone but trying to maneuver the stroller in the rain will probably stink!

thanks for the update

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: