Quantcast Bay Lake Tower = More Time at WDW vs. MK View

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which Option Would You Choose?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1: Magic Kingdom View! The view is definitely worth the sacrifice of two extra days.

9 15.79%
  • Option 2: Bay Lake View - Two extra days at Disney is worth more than a view of the Magic Kingdom!

48 84.21%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower = More Time at WDW vs. MK View

I have a difficult decision to make. We have enough points banked for 2010 to stay in a two bedroom at BLT. Right now we have two options.

Option #1: Stay in BLT for 12 nights/13 days in a 2 Bedroom Magic Kingdom View room

OR

Option #2: Stay in BLT for 14 nights/15 days in a 2 Bedroom Lake View room

Two months ago we stayed in a 1 Bedroom at BLT with a Lake view and it was great. I would absolutely LOVE to experience the MK view, but I don't know if it's worth giving up two more days at WDW.

What would you do? Would you take the extra two days at WDW and forgo the Magic Kingdom view? Or do you think the MK view is incredible enough to sacrifice two days?

Help me decide! :-) Thank you SO much!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower = More Time at WDW vs. MK View

Would love a MK view but have to go with the 2 extra days.

Post Thanks / Like

The MK view is pretty sweet, but the Bay Lake view is also awesome, and if it lets you have more time... obviously, a good choice. You can always go to the lounge for a great view of the MK. The Bay side allows a peaceful, lovely view and still the same great accommodations.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We had reserved a Bay Lake view and could see the MK while sitting on the couch in the living room and from the balcony. The kids watched the fireworks from the balcony and everything, so I'd suggest paying for a Bay Lake view and hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at BLT this November and I am I really excited for a MK view. I think a 12 night vacation to Disney will still be worth it!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with the two additional days. Since you'll be staying at Bay Lake, you'll also have the option of visiting the lounge for fireworks viewing!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I am in the minority here, but I would totally go for the MK view. I am not a DVC member (unfortunately!!!!), but I know the year we were on the 10th floor of the Contemporary with a MK view remains one of the most magical trips in my mind. There is something so perfect about waking up and that castle being the first thing you see. Also, like another poster said, my kids were little then, and they would sit on their bed, watch the MK fireworks before going to sleep for the night. It was just so ....right. LOL.

Either way you go, you have got a substantial trip ahead of you. I guess for someone like me who can't seem to get away for more than 5 nights, 12 nights seems like a dream. Heck, this past spring, I stayed for 2 nights (THAT was KILLER!!) However, I get that you might be kicking yourself when you check out and think that you could be there 2 more nights.

It is a tough choice, but I would probably pick the view. Good luck!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go for the two extra days. You can always go up top to the Top of the World viewing area if you are staying at BLT.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

MK view is nice during the fireworks, but overall the Lake View is pretier and you can see the water pageant.

Post Thanks / Like

*Sigh* So, as MUCH as I wanted to go with the Magic Kingdom view, we opted for the extra two days in WDW. DH and I are having both sets of parents come stay with us in the second bedroom (separately, of course), so two full weeks was the only way that both my and his parents could get 7 days each. Even though I will definitely miss waking up to Cinderella's Castle outside my window, and watching the fireworks from my balcony at night, I am still incredibly excited to go on what will be the longest Disney vacation we've ever taken!! I can't wait!!! Thanks so much for your input and help everyone!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    *Sigh* So, as MUCH as I wanted to go with the Magic Kingdom view, we opted for the extra two days in WDW. DH and I are having both sets of parents come stay with us in the second bedroom (separately, of course), so two full weeks was the only way that both my and his parents could get 7 days each. Even though I will definitely miss waking up to Cinderella's Castle outside my window, and watching the fireworks from my balcony at night, I am still incredibly excited to go on what will be the longest Disney vacation we've ever taken!! I can't wait!!! Thanks so much for your input and help everyone!
    You really couldn't go wrong Happy planning! How exciting!!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Personally I don't think you could go wrong having more days in WDW to have fun! The longest we have been was 7 days so 10-12 sound fabulous
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the 2 extra days. The view of Bay Lake is really nice, and magical in its own way. Plus you can go to the Top Of the World for a mk view at night!

Post Thanks / Like

So I read you went with the extra days... good choice... I will be staying in a studio lake view in Feb and 1BR LV in July ...and what you might want to do from what I have read is request an "even number room on the north side" .. while this is only a request, those rooms are still classified as LV, however, they have views of space mountain and to a lesser extent the castle, so you may still get a view of the fireworks at night from your balcony...

Enjoy your trip!
    SorcererJim

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely 2 extra days is more valuable.....after all how much time do you really spend in your room enjoying the views?
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We just came back from there

Regardless of extra days etc
    The Bay Lake view is better than the MK view by miles . Especially on the southside of the building.
    You can always hit the top of the world lounge on the 16th floor
    Also on the southside of the lake you can see the Epcot fireworks as well
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of the few that went with the "better view / shorter stay" option. If the decision was something like 3 nights versus 5, or 7 versus 9, I would have opted for more nights over the view. But 14 nights versus 12? I think 12 nights would hold me over for a while! Plus, I'd probably be broke by then due to buying food, beverage, and other stuff!
    Mike in KC

DVC Members since 5/01 (VB) & added SSR (8/04).

Been to WDW ~20 times. First DCL cruise in 2/08 (Western)

Recent Trips:
    SSR Treehouse Villas & DCL Wonder 3/10
    BLT/Florida Keys/AKLV 7/11

Upcoming trips:
    VB & VWL 7/12
    OKW 12/12 - 1/13
    VB/DCL Fantasy Eastern/AKLV 6/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdk316 View Post
    We had reserved a Bay Lake view and could see the MK while sitting on the couch in the living room and from the balcony. The kids watched the fireworks from the balcony and everything, so I'd suggest paying for a Bay Lake view and hoping for the best.
    Ditto! We were cash customers and when we saw Wishes from the balcony, I woke up in the middle of the night and gazed at the Castle, then watched Wishes again every night from the couch, we ended up being DVC member!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: