Quantcast Fantasmic HC seating?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic HC seating?

Next trip I will be with DD & BF. BF is in a wheelchair due to severe arthritis. I know he would like to see Fantasmic and was unable to do so on their last trip. I would like some advice on the handicapped seating.

1. How early do you need to be there?
    2. Do you just walk up to a CM and ask or wait in line?
    3. Are they good seats?
    4. Should we do a dinner package instead? I have been considering this because he doesn't like to feel like he is getting special treatment (you know because of the w/c).

Thanks in advance
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I do know that handicapped seating is limited so a Fantasmic package would probably be a good idea. If you decide not to go that direction then I would check with Guest Relations at DHS when you arrive and ask them these very questions. They would probably be able to help you know exactly what you need to do.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Handicapped seating is available in the back row of each section, as well as some spaces up front. We have always chosen to sit in the back (not wanting to have the smoke, heat, or mist issues up front.)

We have never done the Fantasmic package, as we were told that it does not really help with wheelchair seating. I don't know how true this is, now (we asked before the limited showings began) but it became our habit to simply stand in the crowd and hope for the best.

You do have to wait in line and enter with the crowd. Generally speaking, the earlier you arrive, the better the seats. If you are arriving close to showtime, even in the last half hour or so, do check with a cast member -- as the handicapped seating may be filled. (If you can't transfer, be sure to ask -- as it is a long walk just to get turned away.)

Walking up the hill -- wheelchairs and strollers both have to stay to the far right. Strollers cut out for parking near the top, while wheelchairs go straight ahead. Unfortunately -- stroller families are often cutting across here. So, when you have just pushed up the hill and are at your most weary, you must be very careful to watch out.

Once through the gate at the top of the hill, a cast member asks for the number in your party. Then, you will be told to follow a cast member to the section that has room for your party. You will be walked to handicapped seating by a cast member -- sometimes just your group, sometimes with another wheelchair party or two. If you happen to get a close section, it is not difficult -- but sometimes you will be walked to the far side of the theater. The view there is good, but walking along following your cast member can be tricky if this means walking through the big crowd.

For the most part, they ask that only one ambulatory guest sits beside each wheelchair - with the remainder of the wheelchair party ends up sitting in the row ahead. Cast members try very hard to allow familes to stay together and to leave the empty reserved spaces available for people to transfer. Unfortunatley, guests try to sneak in -- so cast members have to stand near each handicapped area -- watching the spots and yelling. It always amazes us how many people try to ignore the cast members. The closer you are seated to the enterance -- the more people try to sneak in (they don't want to walk down to the section that is currently being filled.) Then, there are the people who try to create a standing room area by / between the chairs -- cast members do their best, but it happens frequently. Because of this, we find that we don't ever want to get up once seated. So . . .be sure to empty and have your snacks with you for the wait.

The show is wonderful and we always enjoy it. The exit is then right with the crowds -- so just try not to get trampled (or trample anyone else) and enjoy . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I are both ECV users. Back in 3/07, we had the dinner package, yet were turned away for the first Fantasmic show that night. We were lucky enough to get into the later show.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: