Quantcast "Avatar" December 18, 2009

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile "Avatar" December 18, 2009

The next chapter of James Cameron's movies, "Avatar" is the new action packed 3D film about a group of people who go to a planet named Pandora. On the planet are these blue people (I have not yet found out what they are called). I don't know much about what this movie is actually about, but all I know is that this may be one of the films that changes movie history. James Cameron took it one step further and made it 3D. I'm so psyched to see this just because these are the kinds of films I love! I've already pre-ordered tickets for next Friday because I heard these advanced tixs are going fast! I'm so excited to discover what this movie is about & how awesome it will be! Is there anyone else out there who wants to see this?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a short article on this movie in the "USA Weekend" insert in our newspaper yesterday. I wasn't even interested in seeing the movie until I read that. It looks pretty awesome.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not interested. I'm not sure how it will change movie history. I guess I don't know enough about it. It just looks very blah to me. I won't be seeing it, unless I hear more that manages to interest me somehow.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We are apparently going to see this on Friday. I really am not very interested, but my fiancee wants to see it, as do some of our friends-more out of curiosity than anything else. I already do not particularly like the look of the "alien" creatures, so I don't think it will live up to the hype for me... but we shall see!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the early reviews are actually changing my mind. It's apparently nothing like the trailers, which makes me more interested. The story is reportedly emotionally satisfying, which adds the element I thought might be lacking. Plus, hearing Sigourney Weaver talk about the process got me hooked. Now I want to see it. And I was such a skeptic!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My 11 year old is dying to see this, and I think he and DH are going this weekend. If they come back with a thumbs up, I might be persuaded to see it.

Yesterday, Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio was going on and on about how he would never go see a movie about blue people living in a fantasy world, etc. and someone asked him if he'd ever seen the Smurfs.

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny Mel!

I am so confused by this. I swear when I first saw a trailer for Avatar, it was a trailer for a live action version of the "airbender" cartoon on tv. Which my son and I love. But then months after that I see all these comercials for these blue creatures and such. I wonder now if I was sleeping when I took my son to see Transformers and saw the trailer. But I really think I saw something comepletly diffrent than this! I can still picture the kid with the red robe and everything!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Actually,Lizzy, you are right. "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is a movie. It's coming out sometime next year but it is based off of the tv series. But back to the point, me. my boyfriend & my best friend went and saw Avatar last night & we loved it! The effects were amazing & it blew me away to see what we can do with computers these days. The 3D wasn't to bad, nothing really actually popped out at you except for a few times. I think the 3d effect wasn't so much for being freaked out, it was supposed to make you feel like you were with the Na'vi. It was long, almost 3 hours, but it didn't bore me. Usually long movies like this (Transformers 2, 2012- so long it was grueling) bore me but this one kept me thinking. I do encourage all of you to see this, those who are on the fence about seeing it, because it was more than i expected. The trailer looked like a typical sci-fi, action-adventure film, but its so much more unique. My one objection would be the naked Na'vi women. It is 3hours long & the Na'vi women are naked, only wearing a necklace to cover the front, but from the side you can see everything. That was kind of weird, especially with my boyfriend being there... but, I would encourage everyone to see it, because it isn't typical, it's unique. I read in my "Entertainment Weekly" magazine that it took James Cameron 15 years to come up with this & get it going. So, please, if you are thinking about seeing it, please do because it is so worth it! Hope ya'll enjoy it!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

Avatar was truly an amazing movie! The 3D gave such a rich depth of field and really added to the lush cinematography ... I honestly can't say enough about it! I think the best part of the movie is all James Cameron didnt' rely on the effects and super cool 3D -- the story and characters were awesome!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Visuals were stunning, and well worth the hype. We too saw it in 3D. As far as the story, it wasn't bad, but I thought it could've been a lot better. The plot was so cliched and predictable. I thought most of the characters were underdeveloped for it being such a long movie.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw this is 3D today and it the imagery was simpling amazing.

I didn't know much about this movie going in and the trailers didn't excite me so I wasn't expecting much. Coming out I felt like I had just been immersed in a whole new world and all I can say is WOW. The CGI integration in this movie is flawless. The ability to make an alien planet look real was breathtaking. This was the first movie I saw in the new 3D and it was great. The plot was good but a little predictable.

This is a groundbreaking movie that will set the bar for the future. I equate this to the original Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Lord of The Rings in the breakthrough of movie making.

Even with a less than stellar plot line this is a must see movie (preferably in 3D and a theater) that is instantly a top favorite of mine.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

DSs are wanting to see this...is it appropriate for a 12 and 8 year old?
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d_m_n_n View Post
    DSs are wanting to see this...is it appropriate for a 12 and 8 year old?
    12 year old, yes, 8 year old, probably not. It is rated PG-13. There is violence and some language/romantic scenes.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with PirateLover. Your 12 year old can probably handle it but the 8 year old: not so much. The nudity is throughout the whole movie & though the battle scenes don't bother me it could bother kids. But so far I'm liking the comments...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    I agree with PirateLover. Your 12 year old can probably handle it but the 8 year old: not so much. The nudity is throughout the whole movie & though the battle scenes don't bother me it could bother kids. But so far I'm liking the comments...
    OH wow, how could I forget about the nudity! Yes, the Na'vi are veerry scantily clothed, you do see a lot of blue backsides and glimpses of blue top parts as well.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Visuals were stunning, and well worth the hype. We too saw it in 3D. As far as the story, it wasn't bad, but I thought it could've been a lot better. The plot was so cliched and predictable. I thought most of the characters were underdeveloped for it being such a long movie.
    Agreed, the plot was incredibly cliqued, no surprises at all. The movie was also entirely agenda driven lol.

But it was stunning, this will change the way movies are made in the future, technologically speaking.

I just wish it hadn't felt like the audience was being not so subliminally preached to
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    Agreed, the plot was incredibly cliqued, no surprises at all. The movie was also entirely agenda driven lol.

But it was stunning, this will change the way movies are made in the future, technologically speaking.

I just wish it hadn't felt like the audience was being not so subliminally preached to
    It wasn't subliminal. And the message was actually really good and accurate if you look at the history of the human race. Every movie is agenda driven ... it seems to just be part of Hollywood. Even Disney movies are agenda driven.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it last thursday ( not in 3D )
    I found it just an "OK" film .
    For me it was a Pochantas meets Dances with Wolves .
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    I watched it last thursday ( not in 3D )
    I found it just an "OK" film .
    For me it was a Pochantas meets Dances with Wolves .
    Don't forget Fern Gully!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

At first I had no interest in seeing this movie at all because I'm not a huge Sci-Fi fan. When I read the reviews I decided to see it in 3D. It was great!! The story was very good and the visual effects were amazing. It also didn't drag on like other almost-3-hour movies have done in the past. I'd actually like to see it again on IMAX.
    See You Real Soon!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: