Quantcast Cinderella's Royal Table

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cinderella's Royal Table

We have ADR for lunch at CRT for our trip in January. I haven't really heard many good things on the boards about CRT. Looking for feedback, good and bad, about CRT? Is there anyone that thinks it's worth the money?

We also have ADR at Chef Mickey's for breakfast, 1900 Park Fare for dinner and Akershus for breakfast. Any other suggestions? I have a 3yo DD and 20 mo old DS.

thanks!
    1978 - First trip!
    1990 - High School Band trip
    Jan 2008 - Pop Century - DD's first trip
    Jan 2010 - Port Orleans - Riverside - DS's first trip

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Cindy's table definitely fits into the category of "everyone should do it once, but once is enough!". I think you'll always feel you missed out if you DON'T do it. We enjoyed our meal...my DH and DD had the major domo and thought it was very good, but I wouldn't say it was worth the money to do mroe than once. I was determined to eat IN the castle once, so I dont' regret it ;-) I see you have all character meals so far - I'd suggest make a few NON character reservations so you can have some meals you can just enjoy ( I find the character meals awfully distracting - you are so busy trying to get pictures and autographs that you're afraid to get up and go to the buffet (at Chef Mickey's for instance) for fear of missing something! ) I've never been to WCC, but a lot of folks say it is great fun of a whole other kind - but again, a very "busy" meal. Our family LOVED our meal at O'Hana's (good meal, quite peaceful by Disney standards), and we enjoyed going to the Rose and Crown for dinner and having a great view for Illuminations right afterwards. My DD wants to go to Coral Reef next time because she wants to eat surrounded by fish tanks. My kids are older, though - so maybe other posters will have ideas for really little ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.....I would do it once. It was a great time for my children but very expensive. Now that we have been...I wouldn't do it again.

Food was good...service good and the kids enjoyed the princess visits.

We have been to Chef Mickey's several times. The food selections are good and the characters were great. However, it is a very loud and busy place. If you don't care for this type of dining...it isn't the place for you. Not a very relaxing meal.

Whatever you decide, have FUN!!!:

Post Thanks / Like

Dinner is probably the best time to hit CRT IMHO. Breakfast is a joke quite honestly. The value just isn't there for eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

Lunch, ehh...

I've always enjoyed the Dinner "show" with the Fairy Godmother. The food has always ben edible, and the atmosphere and service I've never been able to complain about.

Now when you ask about worth it, I think value and no, I do't think the value is there. I'd much rather pay OOP for it that waste dining credits on the meal, considering it's two credits.

It is a meal we do repeatedly however... It's fun to dine in the castle, but it is on a rotation, not something we do every trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We have done this twice, one lunch , and one dinner. Both meals were fine, not spectacular, but fine. We have always wanted to dine in the castle and it was pretty good. Last trip, I had made specific reservations for dinner, it was our anniversary, however, somehow,THEY screwed up and booked us for THE FOLLOWING MONTH!, After a somewhat stressful conversation, the situation was corrected, with a later that evening dinner seating. Our server was absolutely great, and made up for the inconvenience. The manager, made a point to stop by our table, and apologise. ( he did however make sure he was audible to those around us, making sure they knew he was correcting a situation ), they also did not charge us two dinner credits, instead only charged us one each. We probably don't need to do it again now, having had both lunch and dinner there. Certainly something you should try at least once though, so you can have the memory of dining in Cinderellas castle, and getting the picture package.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with many of the previous posts. As a family, I had been to Disney numerous times, but had never eaten at the Castle. I am glad to say I have. Food was good, service nice, memorable picture, but not really worth 2 table service credits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Dinner is probably the best time to hit CRT IMHO. Breakfast is a joke quite honestly. The value just isn't there for eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.

Lunch, ehh...

I've always enjoyed the Dinner "show" with the Fairy Godmother. The food has always ben edible, and the atmosphere and service I've never been able to complain about.

Now when you ask about worth it, I think value and no, I do't think the value is there. I'd much rather pay OOP for it that waste dining credits on the meal, considering it's two credits.

It is a meal we do repeatedly however... It's fun to dine in the castle, but it is on a rotation, not something we do every trip.
    I concur.

Never done breakfast (I have sons with aversions to that much silk at once) -- lunch is very good -- but dinner is terrific and fun with the Fairy Godmother.

We don't do the castle EVERY trip, but it is part of our regular rotation.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been twice - once for breakfast and once for dinner. I have to say I enjoyed the breakfast more than the dinner. However I don't think I would go back again. It is definatly one of those things that you should do once but once its done thats it.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We did lunch a couple trips ago. Glad we did it, it was a fun location. I thought the lunch I ordered was poor, but everyone else thought theirs was ok. The princesses and atmosphere were great. But, I don't think it's likely we'll do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it once, and I'll be doing it again. But it's for my daughters sake. The menu is minimal and there's always a wait, even with ressies. I'd rather go to dinner at 1900 Park Faire for the food, plus you get Cinderella. But then I have to leave the park, and that's no fun. If you haven't done it, do it. It will be a great memory long after you forget the menu was lacking.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We loved our lunch here at CRT,much better than breakfast. Breakfast was rushed, a princess factory...stop by, quick photo, move on..Lunch was much more relaxed, and surprisingly, the food was really, really delicious! One of our favorite meals of that trip.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I may be not of the norm but we love CRT. We actually don't do too any characte type eating experiences either but love this one.

I will say that for a while, when my DD12 was much younger, we did it every trip. Now I have DS4 and DS1 and they have not gone yet. It is on our schedule of to-do's for next year.

While I wont plan on it every trip...we will continue to go. I think the food is pretty good too.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Well, Cindy's table definitely fits into the category of "everyone should do it once, but once is enough!". I think you'll always feel you missed out if you DON'T do it. We enjoyed our meal...my DH and DD had the major domo and thought it was very good, but I wouldn't say it was worth the money to do mroe than once. I was determined to eat IN the castle once, so I dont' regret it ;-) I see you have all character meals so far - I'd suggest make a few NON character reservations so you can have some meals you can just enjoy ( I find the character meals awfully distracting - you are so busy trying to get pictures and autographs that you're afraid to get up and go to the buffet (at Chef Mickey's for instance) for fear of missing something! ) I've never been to WCC, but a lot of folks say it is great fun of a whole other kind - but again, a very "busy" meal. Our family LOVED our meal at O'Hana's (good meal, quite peaceful by Disney standards), and we enjoyed going to the Rose and Crown for dinner and having a great view for Illuminations right afterwards. My DD wants to go to Coral Reef next time because she wants to eat surrounded by fish tanks. My kids are older, though - so maybe other posters will have ideas for really little ones.
    I wanted to make one more comment in regards to the post above. I too would also recommend some no character choices. I agree whole heartedly that I feel very distracted at character buffets. We have small children and they know that we will do some character meals and some non character meals. Some places we go...Le Celleuir(spelling), Coral Reef, 'Ohana for dinner, Sci-Fi...these locations with the exception of Le Clelleuir, are all surrounded with fun type things that kids enjoy.

Just my thoughts.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy lunch at CRT. The food isn't the best but it is still fairly good (actually the food is one of my favorites) and the atmostphere is great. We enjoyed being "princesses" and we said once was enough but a few days later decided we would be back. I love the princesses and this is a good way to meet them without the lines. This trip we are going so my mom can have the experience--it was one of her few requests. We haven't had dinner there but it looks like we should try it out too. We enjoy Chef Mickey's breakfast, too. It is my sister's favorite and a must-do each trip. We enjoy the non-character meals to relax but we have about half of our meals as character ones. We're just the biggest kids there!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I love lunch at CRT. It is one of my favorite character meals, and one I do every trip
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I like your choices a lot and concur that the castle is fun to do once; I felt that it wasn't quite worth 2 dinner credits on the DDP, but it was fun to try.

I LOVED the Princess breakfast; we saw Ariel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Mulan, and Cinderella. Lots of fun! 1900 Park fare for Dinner was pretty great, too. The food was really good and we saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Wicked Stepmother (she was sOoOOOo good!!!) and the 2 wicked stepsisters who really hammed it up as well. It was a lot of fun, but it was a little loud and busy; I hardly got a chance to eat because I was constantly taking pictures or getting autographs w/ the kids. The hotel is amazingly georgous - arrive early and give yourselves some time to look around - it's worth it!

I'm NOT a fan of Chef Mickey's. I don't HATE it, but it's too loud and busy and you REALLY can't leave for fear you'll miss a character's appearance (they rotate at intervals). This one was just not for us. We MUCH prefered the O'hana breakfast at the Poly and Cape May character breakfast at the Yacht and Beach club near Epcot. Both are character meals, but much more laid back.

For non-character meals I'd reccomend Le Cellier (Epcot/Canada) and Yak and Yeti (Animal Kingdom). Both had terrific food and a really cool atmosphere.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: