Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - December 31, 2009 - Jan 16, 2010 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

we've been in the parks since 9 this morning and haven't had a drop of rain hit us yet!!! It also looks like it's starting to clear up! *knock on wood* looking forward to your forcast for this evening Fingers crossed!
    -Eric

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Eric, looks like you're in good shape. Just finished the update, but the low took a big turn to the north which got the rain through quickly. I'm really surprised you haven't seen rain! It's been pretty heavy all around you. At any rate, you'll have a break for a while. There are more storms developing over the Gulf heading towards Florida, but there will be more scattered, not a big mass like what came through earlier. Also, if one does move over it won't last too long.

Good luck tonight!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, she said yes! And it didn't rain a drop thanks foe your great forcast!!!
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, Eric. I'm so glad it was perfect for you!! on your engagement. Now go enjoy floating on for the rest of your time at WDW.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - December 21, 2009 - Jan 6, 2010

Thanks for the expert report Chris. I will be at WDW with my family from Jan 1 through the 10th. Does it looks like the weather pattern will be rain/storms every few days during this period?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Thanks for the expert report Chris. I will be at WDW with my family from Jan 1 through the 10th. Does it looks like the weather pattern will be rain/storms every few days during this period?
    Right now, yeah, it does. That's just a typical El Nino winter pattern for Florida. Expect temps to rollar coaster, never staying cold for more than a couple of days but with an occasional blast of cooler air following a front. I'll be there on the 10th so that's what we're gearing up for, too.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - December 21, 2009 - Jan 6, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Right now, yeah, it does. That's just a typical El Nino winter pattern for Florida. Expect temps to rollar coaster, never staying cold for more than a couple of days but with an occasional blast of cooler air following a front. I'll be there on the 10th so that's what we're gearing up for, too.
    We'll be going down dressed for a blast of cold air (you know what it's been like in New England) so at least we'll have clothing for the cold if need be. My family is checking daily to see your updates. As we get out of voodooland and closer to our travel dates we will have a better idea of what clothes to pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    you provide with us with brilliant weather information, I just wanted to say Thanks again!!!

Merry Christmas!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! and Merry Christmas to you, too!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmBo View Post
    Chris, she said yes! And it didn't rain a drop thanks foe your great forcast!!!
    Just back from our trip and I just had to check back in to see how it went Eric. Congrats!! What a wonderful memory for the two of you!!

We were at WDW the 16th - 26th and for the most part had wonderful weather. No terrible showers, mainly just a few days of on again off again drizzle. Thanks for the great forecast! It sure helped with our planning and packing.

Stephanie
    Stephanie

DD 9.5, DD 7.5, DS 5.5

1st Trip ~ Offsite ~ Dec. 1997
    2nd Trip ~ CBR ~ Dec. 1999
    3rd Trip ~ POP ~ April 2007
    4th Trip ~ POR ~ Dec. 2009
    5th Trip ~ 12th Anniversary Trip ~ POLY ~ Dec. 16th - 24th 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Strmchsr, we are going to be there the 10th - 17th and hope that your forecast is a tad on the conservative side.
    While the 50s - 60s is warmer than we will see here at home for months, we were hoping for a little warmer than that!!

I guess we better toss an extra sweatshirt in the suitcase...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    I guess we better toss an extra sweatshirt in the suitcase...
    I'm going to be down there Jan 10-15 so I feel your pain. However, given the current pattern I think 60s during the day and low 40s at night is probably what you'll need to expect with at least one rain event during the week. All this global warming is causing a much cooler winter for the eastern and northern USA. It is still in voodooland, though, so we'll see what happens over the next couple of days.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I'm going to be down there Jan 10-15 so I feel your pain. However, given the current pattern I think 60s during the day and low 40s at night is probably what you'll need to expect with at least one rain event during the week. All this global warming is causing a much cooler winter for the eastern and northern USA. It is still in voodooland, though, so we'll see what happens over the next couple of days.
    As long as it doesn't snow!!

And hopefully the cold weather won't curtail the animals, we are doing the last 5 nites @ Kidani and my daughter is looking forward to seeing plenty of critters...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    As long as it doesn't snow!!
    I don't think that'll happen, but it's not out of the question, actually. Very, very slim chance but the players are on the board. That said, it'd be nothing more than flurries.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I am a bit nervous about this new system coming the 16th. That is the start of our vacation. I sure hope it's a warm system coming through, please, please, please We are getting ready to shovel 4" of snow off the driveway a warm vacation would be wonderful I bet I am being too hopeful

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=fanofdisney;1998273I bet I am being too hopeful[/QUOTE]

Well, it'll be warmer than Illinois. I can almost guarantee that. However, the current pattern is supporting a january with temps below normal and rain above normal. That said, don't worry about the system on the 16th. That's voodooland right now so the specifics aren't worth being concerned about. You should count on rain 1 or 2 days during an average 7 day vacation but it generally doesn't rain all day. Maybe 3-4 hours. That's just life during WDW winters. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you, though. I'll be able to be more specific in a few days about your vacation time period.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping for no rain from January 3rd to the 8th...please.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh...and I can't believe I've never seen this weather thread, before. It's awesome... It would have saved me lots of trips to weather sites. Argh...I'm always so far behind everyone else...
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

At least you found it now.

Just an FYI, the thread always changes on the 1st of the month, so look for the updated forecast in a new thread tomorrow. Same stickied place, though.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: