Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - December 31, 2009 - Jan 16, 2010 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment78 View Post
    Trying to start packing and would love to know if I'm looking at lows in the 50s or 30s...
    The models are still flip flopping, but I think things are starting to look a little better. I feel good about the next 7 days and I think most of the forecast for your entire trip is pretty solid, but wait till tomorrow to firm things up.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Crossing my fingers that late enough on Friday so it doesn't affect park time means after MVMCP?

Stephanie
    Stephanie

DD 9.5, DD 7.5, DS 5.5

1st Trip ~ Offsite ~ Dec. 1997
    2nd Trip ~ CBR ~ Dec. 1999
    3rd Trip ~ POP ~ April 2007
    4th Trip ~ POR ~ Dec. 2009
    5th Trip ~ 12th Anniversary Trip ~ POLY ~ Dec. 16th - 24th 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
    Crossing my fingers that late enough on Friday so it doesn't affect park time means after MVMCP?

Stephanie
    The guidance yesterday was suggesting the main rain possibility would be between 2 am and 8 am so no impact on MVMCP. However, it'll probably be Wednesday before I feel confident in calling the timing for sure.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I'm PRAYING the rain doesn't affect MVMCP. I'm supposed to be proposing that night before the fireworks!
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

For all of us that will be there between Dec 17-24 and the surrounding days I pray to the weather gods for sunshine and warm weather.
    2002 Off Property
    2003 Off Property
    2005 Off Property
    March 2006 Off Property
    June 2006 POP Star Wars Week end
    Dec 2007 All Star Music
    Dec 2009 All Star Movies
    April 2011 Beach Club
    Sept 2013 Port Orleans Resort- Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmBo View Post
    I'm PRAYING the rain doesn't affect MVMCP. I'm supposed to be proposing that night before the fireworks!
    Hang in there Eric. Things are still in flux on the timing and available moisture. Hopefully even if it does rain during the day it won't impact MVMCP. Be sure to let me know how the proposal goes!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Hang in there Eric. Things are still in flux on the timing and available moisture. Hopefully even if it does rain during the day it won't impact MVMCP. Be sure to let me know how the proposal goes!
    I've been visiting this thread religiously trying to get an idea what Friday is going to behold. We were rained out of WIshes on our last trip so I REALLY hope it doesn't happen again. lol

I'll def let you know how it goes.
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I've been visiting this thread religiously trying to get an idea what Friday is going to behold. We were rained out of WIshes on our last trip so I REALLY hope it doesn't happen again. lol
    Just to give an evening update - the models are still in good agreement about the heavy rain being out early to mid-afternoon. Still a chance of a light, isolated shower in the evening, but nothing that should mess up the party.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

So as of right now it looks like I should get a good start Friday morning and get some park time in, retire somewhere dry for the afternoon, and hopefully the rain will be out by the 2nd candlelight processional?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Just to give an evening update - the models are still in good agreement about the heavy rain being out early to mid-afternoon. Still a chance of a light, isolated shower in the evening, but nothing that should mess up the party.
    Oh man I hope it stays this way! Leave mvvcp alone! Does it look like constant rain all morning? Or more on/off stuff? I'm wondering if I should schedule some spa time...
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man I hope it stays this way! Leave mvvcp alone! Does it look like constant rain all morning? Or more on/off stuff? I'm wondering if I should schedule some spa time...
    There's still some disagreeemnt among the models about timing, but this morning (I'll give a full update with the afternoon models around noon CST) it looks like possibility of light rain in the morning, but heaviest rain will be from around noon to 4-5 pm then tapering off for the evening. It still looks like an isolated shower is possible in the evening, but the heavy stuff should be out before MVMCP. It'll all depend on the timing, though, and that's not set yet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

There's still some disagreeemnt among the models about timing, but this morning (I'll give a full update with the afternoon models around noon CST) it looks like possibility of light rain in the morning, but heaviest rain will be from around noon to 4-5 pm then tapering off for the evening. It still looks like an isolated shower is possible in the evening, but the heavy stuff should be out before MVMCP. It'll all depend on the timing, though, and that's not set yet.
    *EEK!* What a nail biter! I ideally just need it to be dry for the Holiday Wishes fireworks as I really don't want to get on a knee in a puddle. lol

Thanks for the updates Chris!
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

*EEK!* What a nail biter!
    lol, no kidding. Who knew watching a weather forecast could be like watching a football game with your favorite team come down to a last second kick. Look for the full update by noon CST.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update today Chris! I'll be nervously reading on through Thursday! Thanks!
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how sad..... My SIL and family arrive on Friday and our very first activity is supposed to be dinner at Rose & Crown.... I really dispise walking through epcot in a downpour... Hope it's all over by 5pm. That should give us time to get to R&C by 6.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment78 View Post
    Oh how sad..... My SIL and family arrive on Friday and our very first activity is supposed to be dinner at Rose & Crown.... I really dispise walking through epcot in a downpour... Hope it's all over by 5pm. That should give us time to get to R&C by 6.
    Hang in there. I'm not sold on any of this timing yet. Rain...definitely...but exact timing is far from certain so there's still hope it'll be out by evening.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Rain Rain go away!
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Rain Rain go away!
    There's still hope for you. I'll do my full forecast around noon as usual, but looking at tomorrow night the models are trending back towards clearing by early evening. It's going to be a very close call, but I'd say you have slightly better than a 50-50 shot at no rain by fireworks time. Have a great trip and be sure to send the update on what she says!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

There's still hope for you. I'll do my full forecast around noon as usual, but looking at tomorrow night the models are trending back towards clearing by early evening. It's going to be a very close call, but I'd say you have slightly better than a 50-50 shot at no rain by fireworks time. Have a great trip and be sure to send the update on what she says!
    I hope the models keep pushing the rain earlier and earlier! All sites I visit (weather.com/accuweather/wunderground/weatherbug) all have the rain for the most part done by 7. Even earlier would be ideal.

I'll def give you an update on what she says
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Thanks for the update regarding the weather tomorrow (and thanks for the extra kind shout-out in your update )! I'm PRAYING that the rain tapers off before 9:30 or at least is just a drizzle so we can poncho it up and still enjoy the park
    -Eric

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: