Quantcast Swings

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Swings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swings

I have a daughter who really likes to swing. Are there any swings sets at any of the resorts?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time we stayed at All Star Movies they had a play area with swings. Didn't get a chance to play there though.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Most (if not all) of the resorts have children's play areas
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

The cabins have a great play area, including swings, up by Hoop Dee Doo and the beach.

Have a great trip!
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I don't think the monorail deluxes have children's play areas. Maybe the Contemporary. I don't think the GF or Poly have swings. I'm not sure it's true that most or all resorts have children's play areas with swings. Perhaps most, but definitely not all. Maybe all the values and moderates?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am not trying to be argumentative here, but we've stayed virtually everywhere in WDW and I do not know of any resorts that have swings. The playgrounds are all the types with climbing areas & slides. No swings that I can think of.

I just went through a slew of pics on Deb Wills' site; she has not a single picture of a playground with slides.

People above may indeed be right, and admittedly, I may be incorrect. But we have two young children, often play on the playgrounds, and never recall swings.

Swings have become taboo on playgrounds these days. Schools are seemingly all getting rid of them thanks to our litigious society. My guess is that Disney has done the same.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here is a picture of the swings at Coronado Springs. As far as I can tell it is the only photo on Deb Wills' website of a playground that has swings. I know there are no swings at PFQ or POP, the two resorts I've stayed at most recently.
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    I am not trying to be argumentative here, but we've stayed virtually everywhere in WDW and I do not know of any resorts that have swings. The playgrounds are all the types with climbing areas & slides. No swings that I can think of.

I just went through a slew of pics on Deb Wills' site; she has not a single picture of a playground with slides.

People above may indeed be right, and admittedly, I may be incorrect. But we have two young children, often play on the playgrounds, and never recall swings.

Swings have become taboo on playgrounds these days. Schools are seemingly all getting rid of them thanks to our litigious society. My guess is that Disney has done the same.
    Yes, I have to agree with you. I can't remember ever seeing any swings...

Thanks Mammabruski for the picture...

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus... er... swings.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to tell you, this is making me laugh...the idea of going to DISNEY WORLD but the high point of the trip being a place with swings, LOL Kids are funny - my daughter remembers the swimming pool of our resort more than anything else - it was just one of the plain little "quiet pools" at POR. Almost makes you think we could save a pile of money finding pools and swing sets a little closer to home ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mammabruski View Post
    Here is a picture of the swings at Coronado Springs. As far as I can tell it is the only photo on Deb Wills' website of a playground that has swings. I know there are no swings at PFQ or POP, the two resorts I've stayed at most recently.
    I stand corrected!

Thanks for the pics!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado and fort wilderness both have swings. Fort wilderness's Swings are really close to the marina so they are probably the easiest to get to since the resort is really close to magic kingdom.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    Coronado and fort wilderness both have swings. Fort wilderness's Swings are really close to the marina so they are probably the easiest to get to since the resort is really close to magic kingdom.
    Good to know. Thanks jonahbear2006.

Post Thanks / Like

mom2morgan:

My son has Autism. The forward-back motion of swings calms him. He needs the sensory input most days. We are at the park daily for his "swing fix". He'd stay on a swinging swing for an hour if I'd let him.

When we go to WDW next year, we will be at the Ft. Wilderness, at least a few times, so he can get his swing fix in. Otherwise, he'd have a very difficult and stressful week. And it will be our pleasure to take time out of our park going to allow him to do that.

Just a different perspective. Travelling is hard on kids, some more than others. Having something "familiar" is comforting, and a good way to wind down when things get crazy at WDW.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    mom2morgan:

My son has Autism. The forward-back motion of swings calms him. He needs the sensory input most days. We are at the park daily for his "swing fix". He'd stay on a swinging swing for an hour if I'd let him.

When we go to WDW next year, we will be at the Ft. Wilderness, at least a few times, so he can get his swing fix in. Otherwise, he'd have a very difficult and stressful week. And it will be our pleasure to take time out of our park going to allow him to do that.

Just a different perspective. Travelling is hard on kids, some more than others. Having something "familiar" is comforting, and a good way to wind down when things get crazy at WDW.
    My daughter has Autism too and she loves to swing.

Thanks for all the replies.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: