Quantcast Christmas decorations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas decorations

Were all of the parks decorated for Christmas last week? Including the castle lights and Osborne lights at the studios? I know the hotels mostly decorate after Thanksgiving.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, everything is currently up. MK was decorated as of Nov 13 (or 14 - whenever the first MVMCP was) and the other parks went up that week. This year Osborne Lights also went on at the same time (though last year it was after Thanksgiving, so who knows for next year).
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Yes, everything is currently up. MK was decorated as of Nov 13 (or 14
    Some decor in the MK will not be "up" (large tree in Town Sq. for example) until Dec. 6.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Some decor in the MK will not be "up" (large tree in Town Sq. for example) until Dec. 6.
    Is that a new policy? I know in previous years the big tree at MK has been up before Thanksgiving (though it's not in town square anymore. It's down by the rose garden next to the castle)
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Decorations

I drove up last week end. MK was fully decorated. Epcot, not completely. Didn't visit other parks. Boardwalk, GF, Poly, CR, BLT only partialy decorated. Big trees are going in this week I was told. I stayed at the BW and it did not seem like the holidays at all... yet.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a new policy?
    Don't know if it is a "new policy" or not, just that when I was at the CM preview for the christmas parade I asked one of the managers at the Town Square area that was doing the filming why the big tree wasn't in place and he said that it would not be there until Dec. 6.

I'm working the Main St. area between the Square and the hub all of this week and next so I will update as soon as I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    I'm working the Main St. area between the Square and the hub all of this week and next so I will update as soon as I see it.
    Great. Thanks! I knew they had moved the tree starting in 2005 or 2006 to the area by the Rose Garden for the very reason of not blocking the Main St view. Personally, I would prefer they keep it down there as opposed to Main St. I still like seeing the castle first thing.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Great. Thanks! I knew they had moved the tree starting in 2005 or 2006 to the area by the Rose Garden for the very reason of not blocking the Main St view. Personally, I would prefer they keep it down there as opposed to Main St. I still like seeing the castle first thing.
    I haven't seen the new location yet but I'd have to agree that down by the Rose Garden is a nice place. The reason I believe, as you, is that the castle view is unobstructed.

When the forecourt castle show is in progress, the Christmas tree will be in full proximity and view of the park patrons.

I've noticed that there has been fewer Christmas decorations over the years.

The wife and I really struggled with the decision to go this year and I doubt we'll be going next December.

I travel to WDW two to three times a year.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Beach Club Villas 11/14-11/21 and on the morning of the 16th we came down to our foyer being fully decorated with Christmas trees and wreaths all over. When we went to the resort foyer, they had their carousel up and running. It was such a nice surprise!!!

The resorts are all decorated and most of the parks were by the time we left although some were still being worked on.

And we were able to catch the Osbourne Lights. It was great as always!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I remember they still had the tree in Town Square in 2007 when we were there. I did think that it looked nice there, but didn't make much sense since it did block the view of Main Street.

I think the new area near the rose garden is a great idea. Can't wait to see it!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW: I was told this afternoon that it will be in Town Sq. on Dec. 6 after the tapings for the Christmas parade.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: