read an article in the Wahington Post that spurred this on.

Okay so who is the worst?

Based on fuetility, poor choices, fan support.

So here are my nominees:
Cleveland Browns: Clearly one of the perinial doormats of the NFL since their re-entry. Great hard luck fans who deserve much better. A regular coaching carousel. It truly sums up the fate of the franchise when you realize that the original Browns, once they moved to Baltimore won a Super Bowl quickly there after.
Los Angeles Clippers: Do I even have to explain this one? The odds on favorite to win this poll. In the history of the franchise they have never been legitimate contenders. How many years in a row did the Clippers miss on first round draft picks?
Detroit Lions: You would have to go back to the 60's to find a championship calibur Lions sqaud. In fact they perhaps only the Lions could feature the greatest running back in history during the 90's, and not win with him. Need we even mention last year? The first 0-16 team in history. Yet next week fans will watch them on Thanksgiving again, highlighting just how bad they are.
Milwaukee Brewers: While just about every other team in baseball has had at least some level of triumph, fans in Milwaukee have suffered through an awful dry spell. As a fan of this team myself it is painful to even type this. Only one AL championship in 1982 and only one playoff run since.
Arizona Cardinals: Okay I know they made the Super Bowl last year. But until proven otherwise...one hit wonder. Four, I repeat four playoff runs in the history of the team. If it had not been for last year, I think they would have been the favorite.
Atlanta Hawks: How is this team still there? Not since the days Dominique Williams and Spud Webb has this team been at all relavent. Their fans are easily among the worst fan bases in sports.
Golden State Warriors: How many casual sports fans even know this team exsists? If they do it is probably becuase they have heard of Chris Mullins, or knew that Chris Weber was traded from there. Forget about the old days of Rick Berry, This team traded away Robert Parrish! It has been more than 30 years since the Warriors flashed a ring.
Memphis Grizzlies: Basketball in Memphis? It should have been a marriage made in heaven. However the strong ties to the University of Memphis and the high ticket prices have led to an abundance of empty seats. The only thing that perhaps keeps the franchise in Memphis is the young talent, promising a bright future and the deep pockets of Fed Ex.
Chicago Blackhawks: While Bruins fans can sypathize with the Hawks plight, at least the Bruins played to somewhat full houses. The coutries third largest city, an original team, playing to an empty building for years. Last stanley Cup? 1961.
Kansas City Royals: Great fans, George Brett, Brett Saberhagen, good times. Then it began, the billion dollar baseball era of the have's and the have not's. The Royals have become the poster children for the have not's. Since 1995 there has been no team as dismal as the Royals even loosing more 100 games in three straight seasons.