Quantcast February weather?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default February weather?

Next year is the first time we will ever be at Disney in Feb. Actual the second week. Anyone have any experience with Feb. weather?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes- we went for many years during that time. It varies so prepare for anything. Usually little to no rain- but we've had 79-80 degrees and we've had 62 degrees. Dress for layers and be sure to pack something warm- long pants, socks, sweatshirt- just in case. The first time we went we had 80 degrees and sunshine. The next year it was 62 and all I had packed was shorts. I was freezing! It doesn't sound cold but with wind I was shivering. I had to buy a sweatshirt at one of the shops. Overall, I think it's a great time- not too hot, low crowds. Enjoy!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn J Mc View Post
    Next year is the first time we will ever be at Disney in Feb. Actual the second week. Anyone have any experience with Feb. weather?
    We always go Feb or March. We've found it to be hit or miss. Sometimes it's very warm, other times very cold ( for Florida ). And it can change from day to day. in 2006, we were wishing for gloves (and couldn't find any at DHS, where we were ), but then the NEXT day, we were at AK and it was blistering hot....
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds just like here in Ga. That's what I'm afraid of. Having to pack for all weather! But it won't matter as long as I'm at DW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn J Mc View Post
    Sounds just like here in Ga. That's what I'm afraid of. Having to pack for all weather! But it won't matter as long as I'm at DW!
    That's possible, but not likely. Just check the forecast thread in this forum and you'll know how to pack. Also, check the historic weather page in Info Central to get exact conditions on your dates for the last 5 years. That, also, will give you a good idea of what to expect.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there for presidents week 2 years in a row....weather was beautiful (in 80's) during the day and 60's at night. It is true it is hit or miss. I would check out Stormchasers forcast as it gets closer to your travel date. Save the clothes packing for last. Also remember, you can buy lighter wear or warmer wear at Disney.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

When I was there in 2004, it was highs of 70's for all but one day. It got up to 85 on our last day. Being the middle of winter, my body just wasn't prepared for that kind of heat. Florida is just weird when it comes to weather.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I was there the first/second week of February last year and there was actually a hard freeze two nights! They covered quite a few of the plants and trees with plastic to keep them alive. Needless to say, we needed coats, hats, and gloves for a few days during that trip. It can go either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thumperbug View Post
    I would check out Stormchasers forcast as it gets closer to your travel date.
    Where can i find this information?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

on my trips on the week before presidents day, the temperature highs ranged between 65 to 85, most of the time it was in low to mid 70s. It rained on average once or twice a week. At night, the temps were in 50s or 60s.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I really love February. The weather can vary so I usually dress in layers and come prepared with a variety of clothing choices. We've been in shorts and also in coats and gloves so you really just have to wait and watch the weather forecast just before you leave. It seems like most often I find myself in jeans and a t-shirt with a light jacket for mornings and evenings. Best of all, it won't be sweltering hot.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardingella View Post
    Where can i find this information?
    It is always the first post under "Vacation Planning" - it's called "WDW Weather Forecast" or something like that.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: