Quantcast DDP vs QSP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DDP vs QSP

Post Thanks / Like

Default DDP vs QSP

Are the any previous Disney Dining Planners who switched to the Quick service Plan out there?

What are you perspectives good and bad.

I just booked for January - decided to run the marathon- and we went with the QSP instead of the DDP. Just wondering if we messed up or not.

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be interested in other's opinions also. We booked the regular dining plan and have often wondered whether we should have done the quick service plan instead. We have all of our ADRs made so won't switch now but something to think about on our next trip.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

My last trip we had the DDP. The one thing I could not stand is with all of the scheduling and planning to get to the meals. An example was for the Luau at the Polynesian. We were at AK, leaving after the parade. It gave us over an hour to get there. It took every bit of an an hour and more to get there. It got to the point where we had to decide to have fun where we are at or spend the time getting to our next dining experience.

Don't get me wrong, sit down meals are great. If you can plan it to be when you are at the specific park or the resort you are staying at. Other than that, it became a nuisance to me.

This is why I chose the QSP for March. I do not have to schedule meals. If we are hungry, eat. If we are having a good time, no reason to stop it by going somewhere else. I am scheduling breakfasts at the parks, but not sure if will be using them yet. If we choose not to, I will cancel those at elast a month before we go.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing most of our ADRs for lunch because it will free us up in the evenings. We wouldn't leave a park before lunch anyway so there won't be the travel or feeling trapped because of a dinner ressie.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We did that last year paid out of pocket instead of the plan and ate when we wanted to. But we had 4 Breakfast ressies with Crystal,Tusker yum, 1900, captains grille at yacht Club, and ate at the latest time we felt we could about 10am most and it got us thru the day and we ate QS at anytime we were ready. We stay full all day on a huge breakfast
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

I'm stuck in the middle. My dream dining plan would be something like 20% table service, and 80% quick. Mainly, we enjoy the quick service for convenience and cost, but we like to do at least one or two character meals for the interaction - versus hunting down charcters at the parks. Next time, we might not do the dining plans at all, so we can do just that.
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

Post Thanks / Like

First time we went, we paid ou of pocket and mainly did Quick Service (2 sit downs). Next time we did the full dining plan and had a sit down every day. We liked that a LOT better. Found there is so much running around that it was very enjoyable to slow down and sit for a lovely meal once a day - and gave us the opportunity to see many of the other resorts. Mind you, my kids are older (youngest was 10 at the time). I don't know if that would have been as much fun with a couple of squirming preschoolers.

Post Thanks / Like

We're doing the QSDP in May.It will be the second time on this plan and we love it.We have found some really nice places to eat and slow down like FlameTree and Wolfgang Puck Express.It works for us plus with 2 snacks a day and the refillable mug,we think it's a good deal and we end up spending very little out of pocket.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of quick service plan because
    1. no having to be anywhere at a certain time. This really blows, especially if you are there for two weeks. we got so sick of being on a schedule.

2. I'd much rather have the extra snack and the drink mug.

3. No more having to pay tips. The last trip, granted we stayed for 13 nights, but we gave them close to $400 in tips alone!

4. I was MUCH happier with the counter services the last TWO trips than I was with the table services and if I am disappointed with a counter service I don't feel like it really dented our day like it does if we have a waiter and it takes a big chunk out of our intinerary.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD