Quantcast magical express question - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sndral View Post
    Thx. CleveRocks. I've never had a car @ WDW and am clueless about the parking lots, drop offs and all. I just know take the right bus/boat/monorail and it takes you where you want to go.
    I never had a car there, either ... I know the answer to the question by asking it myself and having it answered by a bus driver.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The bus is very quick getting to the resorts and I've never been disappointed in the service.

keep in mind that Mears operates the bus service and they are superior in getting you to your destination without delay.

I've used the regular Mears service and the Magical Express and both are great so no worries, okay?
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update on this - just returned from WDW and CBR was the first stop for us. It went very smoothly.

btw, I didn't know that DME is not a Disney-owned transportation system. It's owned and operated by Mears. The driver explained that and really made a point of emphasizing it over and over again, which I thought was interesting.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We've never had an issue with the number of stops. Even when we weren't first, it didn't seem to take an unacceptable amount of time to get to our resort. Actually, we kind of enjoy stopping at some of the resorts we've never stayed in. It helps us to decide if we want to spend our vacation there sometime in the future. My daughter has been really interested in staying at the POP ever since she got to see it during one of our Magical Express trips a couple of years ago...
    Last edited by TikiLounger; 11-30-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Just recently returned back from our trip and used Magical Express. We stayed at AKL-Kidani Village. On the way to the resort we Stopped at Coranodo Springs then AKL-Jambo, then AKL Kidani...On the way home the bus Started at Kidani then Jamob House then Pop Century. The amount of time spent with Magical Express was well worth it, especially for the luggage transfer.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    btw, I didn't know that DME is not a Disney-owned transportation system. It's owned and operated by Mears. The driver explained that and really made a point of emphasizing it over and over again, which I thought was interesting.
    It's not true that DME isn't owned and operated by Disney.

Disney does own it. Disney does operate it. They subcontract out the driving and the buses from Mears. But it is a very important distinction that Disney still runs it.

The way I like to explain it is that Mears is the muscle but Disney is the brain. Mears supplies the buses and drivers, but Disney sets the procedures, Disney decides how it is run.

It IS a Disney operation. Mears supplies the equipment and the front-line staff, and Disney supplies the hands-on management and oversight.

At the airport, the people at the DME counter and the people scanning your vouchers before you get into line, they are Disney cast members. The person leading you to your bus is a Disney cast member. But then, the person scanning your voucher as you board the bus is a Mears employee, as is the driver.

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at CBR 11/15-11/19 and it was the first stop.
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media: