Quantcast magical express question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default magical express question

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, so please move if not.

It's been a few years since we used Disney's Magical Express service.

My DH is concerned that the bus will stop at every resort and it will take forever to get to ours (CBR). I don't recall this being a problem when we used the service before, but my memory is a bit foggy.

Do they have one bus that goes to all of the resorts or designated buses for a smaller segment of resorts? I'm pretty sure they don't have one bus per resort.

Anyone have any idea in what order they drop everyone off?

Thanks!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smaller stops. Like all the All Stars. Poly, Grand Gloridian. It's not bad and they are good about getting everyone off quick.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used it this past June. It seemed to me that they had different busses that went to different areas. At the airport we were directed to a certain line due to our resort. We stayed at POFQ and only stepped at (I think) Old Key West before we got to ours. I hope this helps!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as you check in, they will put you in a que that takes you to your resort with maybe 1 or 2 more included nearby.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Post Just Back

We just came back. Magical Express stopped at CBR first then to POP and then another stop, don't remember which one. You'll be there in about 20-25 minutes from airport.
    Have a great vaca.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Your resort will be grouped with 2 or 3 other resorts according to location. It's not too bad. You'll get there soon enough
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! I really didn't mind either way - to me it's all part of the Disney experience! Thanks for all the great info. I'll let DH know!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Buses stop at a maximum of 4 resorts. Three is pretty common. They group the resorts as efficiently as possible ... it's not done purely geographically, as they also take reservations info into account. They know about how many people are going to which resorts at about what time, so they can put together bus routes that make the most sense at that time.

The resorts are divided into 4 geographical zones. The 4 resorts per bus maximum I stated above is if the Disney's Magical Express bus stays within one zone. If the bus goes to 2 or more zones in one run, then there's a maximum of 3 resorts on that bus, to make up for the increased travel time.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is the norm, but every time we go to the BW, DME stops at CBR as their first stop.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

lockedoutlogic Guest

We used it twice.....once about six months after it started....and last april

It seems that they have a pretty efficient "organic" type system now going.

since most now have there airline info in the system....they know who's going where, when....and therefore just seem to be more efficient getting people to their destinations a little more quickly....

I don't even know if they have "set" routes anymore.....obviously that depends on volume, time of day, travel period, etc

we always like to have a car because being at place....like my in-laws obsession with OKW...is hard to navigate if you want to do dining outside of the parks....

but the magical express has become so easy...especially with small children...it doesn't really seem worth it anymore

Post Thanks / Like

DME never had set routes, not even on Day One. It's always been a dynamic system, with them deciding on bus routes based on the reservations data.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoop de do View Post
    We just came back. Magical Express stopped at CBR first then to POP and then another stop, don't remember which one. You'll be there in about 20-25 minutes from airport.
    Have a great vaca.
    We went the last week of October and the first stop was POP!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

The order of the stops is determined by the driver according to the resorts on board. With the exception of the Grand Floridian which is a mandatory first stop (unless the Polynesian is on board) and that is determined by Disney. Drivers have no say in that one.
    When I drove DME I always stopped at the closest resort then worked my way further into property. With CBR and Pop on the same bus you have a 50/50 shot at being first stop.
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed at CBR in 2007 and used DME, we stopped at Swan and Dolphin, then Boardwalk, then CBR.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

The last 3 trips we stopped at Pop first every single time, but this last trip we went to CBR first. I think the number of people for each resort determines where you stop first.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Our bus hit POP before it went to Coronado in 2006, and our 2008 trip, the bus hit all the AllStars. That was very bad.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    The last 3 trips we stopped at Pop first every single time, but this last trip we went to CBR first. I think the number of people for each resort determines where you stop first.
    Where you stop first is determined by whatever the driver wants ... the driver makes the decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey piglet822 - RE the Grand Floridian being a mandatory first stop unless the Poly is 'on board' - just curious - how does that work? I assume Grand Floridian is always first because it is the MOST deluxe, so curious as to why Poly 'on board' (love that phrase) would change that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not Piglet, but I can answer the question.

There is only one road that goes from Grand Floridian to Polynesian. If you drive in that direction, you must make a left turn into the Poly complex. That left turn is physically configured such that a motorcoach would be unable to make that turn in one motion ... it would require the bus to start the turn, then back up, then complete the turn (known as a "K turn"). Obviously, Disney doesn't want any of its buses to have to make such a clumsy and potentially dangerous (if not annoying) manuever, and hence the drop off order.

It's the same with Disney Transport buses that the two resorts share, as well ... Disney Transport buses shared by the two resorts ALWAYS stop at Poly before GF, for pick ups and drop offs, and it never EVER is reversed, and for the same reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx. CleveRocks. I've never had a car @ WDW and am clueless about the parking lots, drop offs and all. I just know take the right bus/boat/monorail and it takes you where you want to go.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: