Quantcast Transfering from one hotel to the other

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transfering from one hotel to the other

We are staying for one night at All Star sports under one reservation for room only and then transfering for 8 nights at Pop Century under our package reservation.

What do you need to do to transfer from one resort to the other? Will they move our luggage for us? Do we have to physically go to Pop Century to check in or can the All Star Sports check us in?

Our tickets and meals all start when we start our package at Pop Century so we want to get that activated as soon as possible on the day we are checking in at Pop Century and would really like it if we didn't have to mess with luggage or actually going there to check in?

Also if we have to go to Pop Century to check in what is the best way to get there? Cab? How much?

Sorry for all the questions just want to get this figured out before we get there.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You do have to go to Pop Century to physically check in. I am not sure what a cab would cost but I can't imagine more then $10-12 (this is a total guess).

Bell services can move your bags. They can pick them up in your room or bring them down your self. If you have them picked up, call ahead so you don't have to wait too long. They will be transferred during later in the afternoon.

But if you are taking a cab, you can bring your bags and leave them with bell services if your room is not available. This way you know where they are.

Have a great trip!
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they can transfer your bags for you through bell services. Easy as pie.

Also true that you have to check in at the resort itself. It's not that big of a hassle. Easiest way to get to Pop is to just take a bus to one of parks, Studios is the closest, and then get on a Pop bus and poof your there for free. Easy cheesy.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Yes, they can transfer your bags for you through bell services. Easy as pie.

Also true that you have to check in at the resort itself. It's not that big of a hassle. Easiest way to get to Pop is to just take a bus to one of parks, Studios is the closest, and then get on a Pop bus and poof your there for free. Easy cheesy.

You stole the letters right out of my keyboard.

I just want to add that you can call bell services in the morning or dop off your luggage with instructions to be transfered to the Pop. Then head out to the parks and come back later to check in.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transfering from one hotel to another

How does that work if you have a package that includes your tickets and meals? Do I need to check in first at Pop Century to get my tickets and meals activated or can I do that at the hotel I am transfering from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwjoeindy2 View Post
    How does that work if you have a package that includes your tickets and meals? Do I need to check in first at Pop Century to get my tickets and meals activated or can I do that at the hotel I am transfering from?
    You need to go to the hotel you are checking into to complete the check-in process and to get all the documents you need to begin your package. Disney will transfer your luggage for you. When we've done this, we've just taken a cab from one resort to the other and taken our luggage with us.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwjoeindy2 View Post
    It is my understanding that you have to have two separate reservations because all packages are tied to a specific hotel.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We just did this for the first time in October and I was a nervous wreck about the entire process but it went very smoothly. We had bell services take our luggage and told them it needed to be transferred to POFQ. We were at Pop for the night, and like you our tickets and meals were on the POFQ ressie. We took a cab (it was almost $9 from POP to POFQ) since Mom's ECV was also scheduled to be at POFQ and she couldn't have walked and waited at the bus stops without it ruining her day. Then we checked in, super fast since it was so early, and got to MK just as it was opening. I did learn that you have to call to get Bell Services to bring up your luggage when you get to your room in the evening, but it was there within 5 minutes. We're doing it again in December and this time I'm not at all concerned. Have fun!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Great Post! I actually asked something similar a few months ago with not much response. I know we'll have to physically go to the next resort to check in and get our park passes and get the free dining activated(on our key to the world passes).

Any idea how the cab works? When we call, do we let them know how many of us and whether or not we are bringing our luggage? Otherwise..how do they know what size vehicle to bring? Also, timing----Can we call the night before for pickup at 7 am or something like that?

We too want to have all the information available before we get there.
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I usually just call for a cab when I am ready to leave the room - they are frequently waiting at or near the resort. We are only two people and never moved so many things that we needed a larger vehicle so I never mentioned car size. But if it could be an issue, I would definitely let valet/bell services know when you call to schedule the taxi. Without special requests, I'd say we are 50/50 getting a sedan/minivan.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    I usually just call for a cab when I am ready to leave the room - they are frequently waiting at or near the resort. We are only two people and never moved so many things that we needed a larger vehicle so I never mentioned car size. But if it could be an issue, I would definitely let valet/bell services know when you call to schedule the taxi. Without special requests, I'd say we are 50/50 getting a sedan/minivan.
    Good advice. Thanks!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: