Quantcast Narcoossees & wishes ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Narcoossees & wishes ?

I am busy planning our ADRs for our upcoming trip in May.I would really appreciate some advise.
    Planning to dine at Narcoossees. Can you view Wishes from here? And what reservation time would be best if, eg Wishes started at 10pm?
    It does say on official site that fireworks will mainly be 10pm that month, i do also know this is subject to change.
    Plan so far
    Lunch Tonys Toontown Square
    Dinner Cape May Cafe,ESPN,Chef Mickey,Whispering Canyon,Narcoossees,Raglan road,Ohanas(not 100% about this one) and Yactsmans Steakhouse.How does that sound?
    I think this planning bit is as exciting as the actual holiday
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and I love Narcoossee's! It's also a great place to view Wishes from.

Chances are you probably won't have a great table for viewing Wishes (even if you do, people on the deck can make it difficult), but that doesn't matter because you can view them from the outside deck. It's a great location. If you plan to do that, we usually book our ADR for about 90 minutes before. That way we usually watch the fireworks while waiting for our dessert to come. They pipe the audio in for you.

OR...book your ADR a little earlier, and you can stroll down to the end of the dock to watch them from there. There is no audio, but it's still a great viewing area.

OR...go over to the marina behind Sugar Loaf and watch from there. Not many people go here, so you aren't surrounded by people. It's also a great view. We watched them from here many times on our last stay at Sugar Loaf. It was so nice to grab a glass of wine, walk out back, and watch some fireworks.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Narcoossee's is one of our favorites. A really nice dining experience with Wishes viewing, if not from your table, from the deck outside. The servers are very helpful in timing your food presentation around the show. I would say to make your reservation for around 8:45, but show up at 8:30 as they request you show up fifteen minutes early for ADRs. And you can also catch the Electric Water Pageant from this location at 9:15, but might also require moving outside for views, depending. Keep in mind that the tree line around the park blocks your view of lower-lying fireworks at this location (but you see most everything).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Narcoossee's is one of our favorites. A really nice dining experience with Wishes viewing, if not from your table, from the deck outside. The servers are very helpful in timing your food presentation around the show. I would say to make your reservation for around 8:45, but show up at 8:30 as they request you show up fifteen minutes early for ADRs. And you can also catch the Electric Water Pageant from this location at 9:15, but might also require moving outside for views, depending. Keep in mind that the tree line around the park blocks your view of lower-lying fireworks at this location (but you see most everything).

Exactly what I would've said...we prefer to eat a little earlier and take a stroll down to the dock...
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

My DH makes fun of how much I like to plan the trips, though when I ask questions or there is something to look into...whos first on the computer...HMM. We did Raglan Road last year and really enjoyed that. Also Whispering Canyon was fun for the kids.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

We love Narcooses! I actually enjoy the fireworks presentation here over at Cali Grill (crazy, I know).

Out of your other selections, my family loves Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May Cafe. Yachtsman seems to be a hidden jewel. We dined here this summer after a rainstorm kept us at our resort, we were able to cancel our adr and get in here about an hour before dining. Our steaks were all wonderful, and dare I say much better than Lecellier.
    SSR 07
    BC 07, 08, 09
    Grand Flo 94, 06, 07
    Poly 91 & 2006
    WL 2005, 2006, 08
    Ft. W. Cabins 93 & 2004
    P.O. Riverside 2000
    AKL 98
    AKL- Kidani village 09
    CR. 97
    Yacht Club 95
    Dixie Landings 92
    Fort Wilderness Campground 89

Post Thanks / Like

we did this for our anniversary and it was the first time we got to hear the entire show and see it without interruptions...we've done ohana a few times but its not as quiet and charming. I loved Narcoosee's. We got special menus w our names on them, a free glass of champagne, and superb service. The kids loved that every refill of theirs came with a mickey straw,...so we came home with like 12 mickey straws. The desserts are out of this world! I highly suggest trying the almond crusted cheesecake! Definitely our favorite restaurant on property to date! Do it if you can get a ressie! And pay out of pocket. We didnt use dining plan and glad we didnt. Our bill came to $100.00 even for 6 people and what a waste that would've been, using two credits!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    Our bill came to $100.00 even for 6 people and what a waste that would've been, using two credits!
    Wow!! That's an incredible price! DH and I can't get out of there for less than $150 BEFORE tip.

But, it's worth every penny!!!

25 more days to go until our first of two meals there!!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: