Quantcast Our Birthday Grand Gathering in the Rain Pt 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Birthday Grand Gathering in the Rain Pt 3

So I left off with heading back to CSR for bed. That was a good thought anyway. We did get back and DD two's DH had a nap by then and was ready to talk. So he and DD one's DH get two beers and cigars and find a quiet place to smoke, drink and talk. Everyone else met in our room for a quick beer then moved to DD one's room to help her unpack while the boys visited in DD two's room. We did eventually get to bed around 2 am.

I forgot to mention that while we were eating dinner that evening the rains came. So leaving Golden Corral we all got drenched. DD one's DH silk shirt got quite wet so he had to change real fast before going to MK.

Next morning we are up and have a breakfast snack in the room. DGS three decides he wants to take the boat over this morning to MK.

And our first glimpse of my favorite place.

Then my smart son in law got more of MK. I think I failed on MK pictures and my DH took lots of video.

The worst of all was no Photopass people found us or us them. It was a very cloudy day.

http://

http://

I know the first thing we did was ride POTC then amazingly we were starved so we hit Pecos Bills. While there the girls and oldest DGS one went to get fastpasses for HM. We rode BTMR while waiting for our time at HM. We considered doing Splash but no one wanted to get wet so we decided to wait till after dinner. We had ADR for Chef Mickeys at 5:15.

After HM some did the old standby Swiss Family Tree House

While waiting for them to get done we sat around and then DGS three wanted to do magic carpets. His dad tried really hard to have him get a picture of these two but he just wouldn't.

Then everyone but DH, DGS one and I rode Jungle Cruise. The wait was 45 minutes. So we goofed off with lots of shopping and sitting.

It took them quite a long time to get done so we met them over at the Carrousel and then went to I think the best 3D show they have of all of them. Mickey's PhillharMagic.

The week we were at Disney, Space Mountain, TTA and Hall of Presidents were down for reno. Bummer. DD two and DGS one went to get fastpasses for Buzz and we headed for Chef Mickeys for dinner. They weren't too busy but they made us wait with a beeper for 15 minutes. We did take the standard plate picture but is was not at all good.

Dinner was ok. Nothing great but edible. Atmosphere was awesome. The characters started coming not long after we sat down.

Sorry. All the faces have been changed to protect the innocent.

Those two were in competition all week for Minnies attention.

Now everyone in our household knows Mickey belongs to DD two. So this is how Commando takes charge.

She needs her dancin' time with the Big Cheese.

I know you will never believe this one but it started raining at 5:30. It rained for almost 4 hours. Not just rain but a regular downpour with thunder, lightning and the works. You could not even see MK from the CR.

So that gave us time to kill for sure. What does every family do when they have time on their hands? Shop and goof around.

After pictures we shopped while the boys played in the Arcade. Spent the cash I had brought over for the evening so we decided we needed to get back to MK.

Upon arrival our first stop was Buzz. I have been very excited for this ride as I wanted to beat DGS one the gameplayer of the family. We had a small bet on this one. He rode with DD one and I rode with DH. I was so excited when it was over I knew I had to be the winner.

And then DGS one showed me his score:

I was totally bummed. He did declare me the winner because I reached the high score before he did. He truly loves me.

He played his part very well. It was an ok show.

I then made everyone do COP. They were more than thrilled.

Ok, they weren't. But they did it for me cause if Grandma ain't happy ain't nobody happy. That's the rules. There were all of 15 people in there including the nine of us. So sad. It really needs to have something done.

While on that end we went to see Stitch. OMG. Do not care for that show. Everyone says Aliens was way better. I think most anything would be better. And we love Stitch. Huge disappointment.

We then headed to ISW because once again I am in charge. They had updated the que since I was last there (1983) and painted the little dolls but it too needs a big change. Everyone did tolerate my whims. Thank goodness. They just didn't want to hear me cry.

When we had gotten of teacups it started raining again. We had planned to do some repeat rides but we were tired of being wet at that point so headed to the bus to get home.

Once again we ended our day of sitting around talking till 2:00 am while the men went for beer and cigars. We all decided it was a totally awesome day and we all left happy. Just tired. I managed to get two super huge blisters on my feet that day. Not once did I complain but they were bad. Thank goodness for moleskin. I don't know how I would have finished the week. DD one also had issues with her feet. She is allergic to laytex and we decided her new shoes must have had some laytex in them. Her feet were broken out all week in little blisters.

We survived and ready to tackle Monday and AK.

Ginny

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great family fun!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for reporting

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Great family fun!
    Thank you. I had to promise my family they could remain incognito.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR