Quantcast 1-Day Visit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 1-Day Visit

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1-Day Visit

What do you think - worth it to drive up from San Diego for a 1-day visit on Sunday, Nov 8? What will the crowds be like?

We are thinking of buying park-hopper passes for that one day, to enjoy the "E" rides in both parks. Worth it? I think cost is about $96.

Thanks for all the insight.
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    Aug 2011 - BLT, Universal, BCV
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do it. Get there when the parks open or before. I live an hour north of Disneyland. We do day trips all the time.

We were there on Friday (10/16). It was crowded, but by using fastpasses, we don't wait long for attractions. Some of the attractions only had a 10 min wait.

We do park hopping starting at DL.. get some fast passes and then on to DCA. DCA opens at 10am Heading to Toy Story Maina. TSM does not have fast passes, but they do have a single rider line. We only waited 40 min for TSM on Friday.

The crowds may be lower the day you are planning since the Halloween Festivities will be over. HMH will still be there, with fastpasses available. I just love Haunted Mansion Holiday, that is a must see.

Have a great one day trip
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Take advantage of both the fast passes and single rider lines if you're able to. I would certainly recommend single rider for Indiana Jones, the fast pass on that one saves very little time. The fast pass for Splash Mountain, however, is the best fast pass set up I've seen. DL opens several hours earlier than DCA so start there and get a bunch of rides in. At DCA Tower of Terror has never seemed to have a huge line (at least as of the last time I went) so don't worry about getting fast pass for that.

The fast pass system for DL and DCA is seperate so you can get a fast pass at DCA even if you can't get one for DL. Also the fast pass system for Cartoon Spin (which I wasn't really impressed with) is different from all of them, so you can get a fast pass for that while holding a fast pass for both DL and DCA (though when I was there in July the line wasn't long for Cartoon Spin regardless).

Have a great time!

Aryn

Post Thanks / Like

The better question is "why not go?" -- do it! it will be busy, as most weekends are busy at the DLR, but get there early and hit Fantasyland first ... use fast passes and single line if you feel like that is needed (I don't enjoy single rider if I am with friends because part of the fun is riding together) -- hit DCA in the afternoon when DL is packed ... just have fun! A bust day at Disneyland is still a GOOD DAY!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: