Quantcast Alice in Wonderland...peronality?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alice in Wonderland...peronality?

My DD was just getting into Alice in Wonderland. I personally don't know much yet about her or the movie. Anyhow, when we were in Disney in August, we went to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast to meet Alice. I have to say, she was down right rude to the children. Is that her personality? My DD was so happy to take a picture with her, but
    Alice wanted her to stand like she does. When my DD4 wasn't doing her feet properly, Alice started saying, "Well let's hope you are a better listener later on in the day" and "Oh my, maybe after you eat breakfast you'll understand better." It wasn't that my DD wasn't listening, she was getting very nervous and couldn't do it. Alice said other things, but I won't list them all. I was very taken back and I don't think my daughter even likes Alice any more. Is that what Alice's personality is or was that just this Alice?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that is the personality. I have had 'odd' Alices at 1900 Park Fare myself, she is much nicer when you meet here near the Tea cups. The mad hatter seems excellent in both locations.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the Mad Hatter was great that day at 1900 Park Fare.

Post Thanks / Like

From our experiance, some of the characters at the dinning locations are a little quick tempered. I realize that is a sweeping generalization and these are certainly the exceptions that stand out in our minds, because the others do such a fine job

But at 1900 Park Fair, Akershus and CRT we have gotten more than one interesting comment from a princess or Poppins and Alice.

We never feel to upset because its all a part of the show..???....
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think that putting down a four year old child was part of the show. I would have told Alice I thought she was eating too many mushrooms that day.
    You should have told the Mad Hatter what she said.....I'm sure he would have helped the matter out. He would have made your DD4 smile or at least feel better about it. I think those comments were rude to say to a 4 year old that wouldn't normally understand what exact pose she wanted her to do.
    I'm sorry that happened to your child.
    I hope next time she meets a better Alice. Try the one in MK like the first response said.
    Just so you know you can report face and costume characters if something like this happens again. Disney takes this VERY seriously!!! (especially when it comes to the characters...they do not joke around!)
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately a lot of the "friends" of characters such as Alice, Cinderella and the likes (face characters) tend to think that they are the ruler of the kingdom and that the parks should revolve around them.

I saw this alot as a "friend" of the characters and even more so when I became a character coordinator. On more than one occassion I had to pull a princess or Alice aside to have a heart to heart with them.

Rather sad when you think about it as it is bad show and ruins the illusion of fantasy for the kids.

NOT ALL Face performers are like that as I have experienced a lot of great performers who really get into character and love what they do!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have always found that any Alice we have encountered has been extremely friendly. Last trip at CRT, she was VERY funny! We had 2 of our teenage nephews there for breakfast by 8am. They were kinda sleepy and not "too into" the Princess stuff. She came over and they really didn't want to smile for a pic w/her. Well.... she was like super juiced from caffeine, running around making them get up and warning them if they didn't smile BIG she would stay until they DID!!(Our boys are the biggest sweetest guys ever) After she left, Josh says, "Man, that Allison is WAY to cheerful this early in the morning!" We laughed so hard. It was a wonderful start to the day. It will always be one of our favorite pictures from all of our trips!!!
    We are sorry that your daughter had a bad experience. I can sympathize though. At 1900Park Fare the Mad Hatter was an awful Jerk and I honestly wanted to smack him across the face he was that offensive. I am normally the calmest person but it was jaw dropping. I would of gone to Disney personnel, but the person w/whom was watching over him, was the one he was speaking so bad about.

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: