Quantcast Splash Mountain closed in Jan! - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

We liked to go for DW's birthday on 01/12 every year, but after a couple of years of no splash we changed it the the last few days of January/the first few days of February.

That year it was closed until the middle of February.

Last year we went so I could run the marathon, and it was closed only for the week surrounding the marathon.

This year I tried the end of January again because that would have worked last year, but now they are closed most of January and February.

We are DVC members and need to book our trips far in advance, so our off-season winter trip never has splash. This year they are also closing the pool at our hotel.

Also, I'm amazed that people think that Disney wouldn't close down splash extra long to save money in the off season. Two months is about 16% of the year. That is not needed for the refurb every year. But it is the "slow" season, so might as well take your time refurbishing it.

If I didn't also go in August I'd be extremely upset by this patern.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    How many young children even have ever heard of Song of the South? It has never been released on DVD in the USA.
    My DDs love Song of the South. We just watched it the other day! It is much easier to find than you think. I personally don't understand the stigma of it, but that is a thread for another day. I do think watching the film makes it easier for my girls to get the plot of the ride and I also told my 6 year old that SM would be closed for our Feb trip, and yes she did cry, but we live to ride another day.
    I know the original poster is upset and I am sorry for her daughter, it does stink to look forward to something and not be able to do it. But, such is life.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Um... yeah.

I own a copy of Song of The South myself, but my son hasn't not seen it and it's going to see it until I can explain to him why something that was progressive in 1946 is inappropriate today.

Disney is keeping this one in the vault for a reason.

Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjrhw View Post
    We liked to go for DW's birthday on 01/12 every year, but after a couple of years of no splash we changed it the the last few days of January/the first few days of February.

That year it was closed until the middle of February.

Last year we went so I could run the marathon, and it was closed only for the week surrounding the marathon.

This year I tried the end of January again because that would have worked last year, but now they are closed most of January and February.

We are DVC members and need to book our trips far in advance, so our off-season winter trip never has splash. This year they are also closing the pool at our hotel.

Also, I'm amazed that people think that Disney wouldn't close down splash extra long to save money in the off season. Two months is about 16% of the year. That is not needed for the refurb every year. But it is the "slow" season, so might as well take your time refurbishing it.

If I didn't also go in August I'd be extremely upset by this patern.
    Hence be being extremly upset. This will make the thrid trip in a row for my family during the month of January. Whats getting me even more upset is the lack of any response from Disney to my e-mails. My e-mails to them have been very curtious and I would at least expect them to reply with a standard "we know your upset but," response. Not a ignore it and maybe it will go away attitude. Thats allright though. I'll just keep writing until I hear back.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Whats getting me even more upset is the lack of any response from Disney to my e-mails. My e-mails to them have been very curtious and I would at least expect them to reply with a standard "we know your upset but," response. Not a ignore it and maybe it will go away attitude. Thats allright though. I'll just keep writing until I hear back.
    I've noticed that. I wrote them and have received no response. They say 8-10 days, and I've passed that point. I guess I'll bring that up when I take my complaint to the front desk on Main Street.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...although I agree with the comments about the need for refurbishment - I HAVE to say something about all the repeated comments of "so, you can do it on your next trip". Are there really so many people out there with the money to go back multiple times, and the naivete to assume everyone can? For where we live, flights alone are $3,000 for our family of four. This is NOT a vacation we'll be able to take very many times -for lots of people it might literally be "once in a life time". Especially since I thought there was a recession on? ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

im so sad about this!! it will be closed when we are there and we are bringing some new comers with us this year. its a great ride for newcomers
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

It will be closed for us also. I've never gotten to ride it. The first year, it was open, but my son was scared of dark rides. Then, our next one, it was closed. Now it's closed again. Oh well. I probably wouldn't want to get wet anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering why it was closed. I just got an iphone and one of the first things I did was get the app that has the wait times for the rides in WDW! (I know pathetic lol) Anyway we have been checking on the wait times to make sure its accurate and it has had a CL next to splash. We are not even in WDW and are obessing over wait times! lol Sorry about your disappointment. I understand my son was finally big enough to ride Space last May and it was closed. He is looking forward to riding it this May though. Hope you still have a great trip!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    For where we live, flights alone are $3,000 for our family of four.
    Wow. Where do you live? We're in NJ and we're flying down for July 4th weekend and it's less than $1000 for a family of 5. (Well, 6, but 1 is an infant on our lap).

You make a good point though about poeple assuming that you can go anytime. i admit, we go twice a year and have been doing that for awhile- it's really the only thing we spend our money on- but sites like this attract disney freaks many who go at least once a year and we often take it for granted that it is a once in a lifetime trip for some people. I try to impress that on my children who are getting used to the bi-annual Disney trips to let them know how lucky they really are. Point well taken.
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: