Quantcast Princess Dining Recommendations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princess Dining Recommendations

We (me, my wife, & 3yr old daughter) are going to Disney World Dec 12-17. We have the dining plan (1 table, 1 quick, 1 snack per day). What would all of you experienced Disney folks recommend we do in terms of the character, or the fancy meals? I want to take her to at least 1, maybe 2 princess meals. What do you recommend?

Secondly, and as a lower priority, I'd like to maybe do a night out with the wife for a fancy meal. We are staying at Pop Century, but can we still take her to the Mouseketeer Club or other childcare center at another resort? Will they take her even though she's 3, but she is fully potty trained?

Thank you all for your advice.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Princess meals, I would recommend 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella. 1900 Park Fare is in the Grand Floridian. It would be 1 TS credit. I believe it's Cinderella, Prince Charming, Stepmother, and the Stepsisters. It would also be nice to see the Grand Floridian all decorated for the holidays. You could enjoy seeing the decorated hotel and a princess dinner all in one shot.

Post Thanks / Like

I wont get started about 1900 Park Fare but I wont go there again. THE place to go to for Princess character dining is Akerhaus in Norway. They usually have at least 4 princesses at a time (Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Aerial, Cinderella, etc). They have the interaction down very well, where they get to everyone in a timely manner. The food is also decent. Since it is at EPCOT there are also times where other princesses appear throughout the day (ie France, Morocco). My DD4 loves it.
    Contemporary - 1/09
    Pop - 4/09
    POFQ - 8/09
    Bay Lake Towers - 1/10
    POP - 2/10
    POFQ - 4/10
    POFQ - 11/10
    ASM - 3/11
    BCV - 8/11
    AKV - 1/12
    SSR - 8/12
    SSR - 12/12

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend 1900 Park Fare. We were there in August. The stepsisters were fun, and there is Cinderella, Prince, and Stepmother.
    It's also easy to do on a day you happen to be at Magic Kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

I would call and make reservations ASAP, as December is usually a fairly busy time at WDW! (seems like it is always busy now!)

Our favourite princesses meals were:
    1900 Park Fare (Cinderella and Family)
    Storybook Dining at Norway (a huge variety)
    CRT - but this is just too expensive!

As for the special grown-up night out, you could use one of the other clubs, but it seems like your daughter isn't old enough yet. There are other childcare options, details are http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/.../childcare.asp in infocentral.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) takes two TS credits and we wouldn't go there again if they gave US two credits for coming. We all had different entrees and no one liked their meal. Absolutely by far the worst food we have ever had in WDW. The service was sub par as well and we know its part of the whole charade but I didn't particularly care for being referred to as "My Lord" by the waiter. The kids will not even hear of going back either if that tells you anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend both Cindy's Buffet at Grand Floridian and Akershus at Epcot. Cindy's Buffet is only for dinner and has an excellent buffet....one of the best at WDW. We've been there twice over the years, and the change to the stepsisters is very good. They are funny and interact well with everyone. Be aware that Akershus is Norweigan style food for lunch and dinner, but a nice buffet for breakfast. My girls are pretty picky eaters and they did not like the food choices for dinner, but maybe your daughter will try more than mine like to.
    DizneyDoug
    Dolphin-July 2012
    Poly-June 2010
    POFQ-July 2008
    POFQ-May 2006
    ASM-Dec 2004
    Offsite-Dec 2003, Mar 2002
    New Years Eve 1999!!

Post Thanks / Like

1) I have no vote.
    2) The granddaughters would get me if I voted.
    3) But, their votes are for Akershus.
    . . . more princesses
    . . . seemingly more face-time with princesses
    . . . friendlier interaction with princesses
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not done CRT or 1900 Park Fare. Personally, I did not like the Grand Floridian. It just felt too "exclusionary" to me when we just went to see it. We had breakfast at Akershus and it was an amazing time. There were about 6 princess: form memory Mary Poppins, Belle, Snow White, Princess Aurora, Mulan, Jasmine, and I think someone else.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We've done 1900 park fair for breakfast (alice themed) and dinner (Cinderella themed) and have always liked it. You get some decent character time and the food isn't too bad. It never seemed crazy crowded either.

Happy planning
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Askerhaus for a Princess character meal, because you'll meet more than one Princess.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: