Quantcast What to pack?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: What to pack?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to pack?

We are headed down to the World in 22 days! We have never been to Florida this time of year, so what type of clothes should we pack? We will be there Oct 29-Nov. 7. Will we mostly need shorts and cooler shirts, or will we need jeans and sweatshirts? Thanks so much!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip was the first week of Dec. I packed shorts as well as jeans, and light weight jackets. One night it was really cold... had to buy warmer jackets. I would pack a little of each.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Generally, this time of year is very nice - with warm days and the possibility of some, more coolish evenings. Usually jeans and a sweatshirt or light jacket will cover it. Most days at this time of year, we've worn shorts. As the other person suggested, I'd pack a bit of both!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It is always debateable! Just keep watch of the weather, but I would agree that shorts and shortsleeves during the day, jeans and a light jacket at night. When we were there in Jan. I should have packed winter gear!

The other end of this... it is still in the 90s right now. Just be prepared to get a sweatshirt if you need to be warmer!

Oooh... I wish I was going soon
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

We are also headed down in 22 days!!!!
    my plan is a pair of jeans or 2 for night and a hoodie. Otherwise shorts, tees and flip flops!!!
    (ok, sneakers for the kids, flip flops for me!!)
    Tracy ºOº

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We're going for a similar time (Oct. 28 - Nov. 6). I'm just keeping an eye on the long-range weather forecast. I imagine we'll be wearing mostly shorts and capris with short sleeves during the day. I'll probably pack a couple pairs of jeans, a few long-sleeved T-shirts (I often like to wear one in the evenings instead of a jacket), a lightweight jacket, and a heavy hooded sweatshirt.

We were at WDW Oct. 23-31 last year, and the weather was extremely variable. We ranged from wearing shorts all day and night, to wearing long sleeves and jeans during the day with extra layers of long sleeved shirts and heavy sweatshirts in the evenings. We love cool weather, but I was awfully glad I had packed those heavier items!

ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

Its all about how cold natured you are we generally go that time of the year and I wear shorts and a sweatshirt at night it can be a little chilly like mid 50s
    CBR-Jan 28-Feb 5 2010
    AKL-Dec 2008
    CBR- Oct. 2006
    POR-May 2005
    All Star Movies-Oct. 2003 [kids first trip]
    Coronado-Oct. 2000 [2nd. honeymoon]
    CBR-Oct. 1995 [honeymoon 1st. trip ever]

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in mid/late October and I remember waiting for the boat to MK for MNSSHP and SWEATING LIKE A PIGGLET!!!

and then we also went in late Nov/early Dec and thanked my lucky stars that I wore my winter jacket on the plane from detroit. We only needed a sweatshirt (maybe!) during the day but, there were a few nghts that we used our winter coats for Illuminations and wishes.

We'll be there in 9 days ... and I'm packing shorts for the time we're down there. But, leaving here when its in the 40/50 in the early morning, we'll have at least 2-3 outfits to layer.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We have been several years in a row at the end of oct. into early nov. and have had some years that we were in shorts and tanks all day with just a lightweight sweatshirt at night and some years that we were in pants. You never know. I always keep an eye on Strmchsrs forcast that he updates all the time and it has been really helpful. I get all my shorts and summer stuff ready and then after checking his forcast a few days before we leave I decide how to pack.
    Just plan for any type of weather and you will be fine.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, watch the weather and bring a little bit of everything. We were there that time frame last year and we had some really cool days. I think it actually got down to the 40's which is cool when you are not really ready for it. Had to purchase a few things to keep us warm It made a few of our days/nights not that enjoyable, especially the night of MNSSHP. My DD didn't even want to get out of the stroller to trick or treat because she was all bundled up and didn't want to get cold.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that they are experiencing record highs right now.
    When we went the beginning of Dec, we were fine in short sleeve tops and jeans during the day and a fleece at night. One of the nights was really cold though. I'd bring a little of everything.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Don't pack anything right now. Check the weather thread at the top of this forum as we get closer and you'll have a better idea, but it's too soon to say right now. Generally it's pretty comfortable that time of the year, but it's still looking like at least a possibility of some cooler air by then. So, keeping checking the forecast and you'll see pretty soon what you'll need to pack.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

SFTrny Guest

Definitely wait until closer into the trip and look for a long range (10 day) weather forecast. We've found fall to be pretty unpredictable for temps. We've gone in Novemeber several times. Once we were in light pants and t shirts. Another time, we were bundled up in jeans and sweathshirts...early morning temperatures were in the low 30's! Make sure you pack for layers...because even if it is cold in the morning, you'll want to lose the outer layers by midday with all of the walking around the parks. Lockers in the parks are invaluable for storing the extra sweatshirts after 10 am. OH...and if you don't pack enough sweaters, you have a good reason to buy new ones at WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
    Definitely wait until closer into the trip and look for a long range (10 day) weather forecast.
    Actually, anything beyond 7 days is baloney. The models just aren't accurate enough beyond that and most of the "big box" weather websites (like the Weather Channel) are completely automated based on 1 model. No human interaction at all so you really can't trust those forecasts much. Be sure to check human forecasts, like here on Intercot and/or with the local weather guys and National Weather Service.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: