Quantcast Going To Step Up To A Moderate Resort-Opinions? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been loyal fans of POR up until this last trip. It's pretty and all, the pool is nice, fun theming, BUT....we've decided it is just too darn big. I know all of the resorts are big, but this one takes the cake. I was really wishing we had opted for either CSR or POFQ. I think CBR is just as big as POR-so I'd go for one of the others. Had troubles finding seating in the food courts, even at "off meal" times, very crowded at all times of day or night in the check in areas. I guess my patience levels are decreasing as I get older!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    We've been loyal fans of POR up until this last trip. It's pretty and all, the pool is nice, fun theming, BUT....we've decided it is just too darn big. I know all of the resorts are big, but this one takes the cake. I was really wishing we had opted for either CSR or POFQ. I think CBR is just as big as POR-so I'd go for one of the others. Had troubles finding seating in the food courts, even at "off meal" times, very crowded at all times of day or night in the check in areas. I guess my patience levels are decreasing as I get older!
    That' exact why I like POFQ - it's a much smaller resort. Stayed at CBR two years ago and it's just too large.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Have stayed @ the CBR but found transportation takes longer than I want to to give it. We then decided to try WL, since @ the time we got a GREAT upgrade rate. Once there, we realized we found our new WDW home. Since we, like you, don't do WDW commando style anymore since our DD is older, we find ourselves utilizing our resort more, and wanted something a little more laid back. WL has all we want. And the little extra we paid is worth it. We have had all views and preferred the courtyard view above the rest. Kicked back on our balcony overlooking the pool, pool bar, the geyser, and Bay Lake is awsome. Having my morning coffee, in my PJ's, on the dock @ sunrise.... The light parade on the lake comes right to our beach. Theming is wonderful and very soothing. Less expensive than the other deluxes. And, we seem to spend less time on transportation than @ any other resort we've stayed at.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
    Hello all!

What we would like is:

1) Good transportation
    2) Nice theme
    3) Interesting pool area
    4) Decent food court
    5) Friendly staff-but I believe that is a given at WDW

Thanks all!
    1.) Can't speak on this too much. We've rented cars on all of our trips. I would guess that transportation would be comporable at all Moderates, since none of them are too close to the parks. Keep in mind that POR and POFQ share transportation.

2. Theming is subjective. Personally, I like the themes of ALL the moderates, but my favorite is Coronado Springs. Wonderful theming and landscaping there.

3. Coronado had an interesting pool area, an (Aztec?) temple with a waterfall! There were also several "quiet pools" in the Casitas. Not sure how the pools are at the other moderates.

4. The food court at Coronado was interesting, if a little confusing. It had the look and feel of a market, and you had to go to each stall and fill out a card or something, then eat, and then pay at the end. The food and decor were great, but the set-up was almost silly. Food courts should be simple: order, grab, pay, sit, eat, leave. I don't know if they still use the same system, but back in 1999 it was a little too elaborate for my taste.

5. We experienced friendly staff at our stay at Coronado, and when we visited Carribean, but it's hard to say what your experience will be. I always thought friendly service at WDW was a given too, but recently there were mixed reviews here on service at the resort at which I plan to stay next year, PORiverside. I hope the service improves before I get there.

I hope any of this helped. My opinion is that the moderates have comparable amenities, so if you are having a hard time choosing, look at lots of pictures online and pick which one you think has the best theme for you. Good luck!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado is our moderate of choice. Love it!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: