Quantcast Dining Reviews From The Best WDW Trip To Date!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Reviews From The Best WDW Trip To Date!

This trip was our first experience with the DDP, and I was very impressed with how "smoothly" it works. I especially like having our remaining credits printed out at the bottom of the ticket so we could make sure we were still on track.

Everything Pop: Chicken Mediterranean Flatbread was delicious (if you like olives!), cheese pizza was fresh and gooey, Mom's Night Out turkey dinner was delicious and made for a nice change. Loaded Nachos were too much food for any one person to consume, but were tasty. Cherry turovers, chocolate muffins, and frash baked cookies were good; prepackaged cakes not so much...

Boma: Delicious hummus, salads, and dessert. This buffet is perfect for folks who prefer veggies over meat, though there's a fair selection of meat as well. Had my first falafel here and a DIVINE dish that was almost like a savory bread pudding with a tomato mixture on top, very smoky flavored. Anyone know what this is? I can't remember.

Pinocchio Village Haus: Chicken Strips here were hot and fresh. Strawberry cheesecake was better than the chocolate cake. Ranch, BBQ, and honey mustard are on the condiment bar for dipping. (Ranch is in with the salad dressings.)

Plaza Restaurant on Main Street: Hadn't planned on going here. Our plans got a little off track (long story) and we ended up here. They seated us even though they were quite busy. Veggie sandwich was super! DH and DSs liked the burgers. Cookies and Cream milkshake for dessert was really good, but REALLY large.

50's Prime Time Cafe: Better have a sense of humor to eat here! We had a blast, but the rather reserved couple to our left seemed annoyed. Fried fish sandwich was pretty good, a bit bland. Citrus salad dressing made a typical salad awesome here! The Boston Cream Cupcake (new!) was fantastic.

Columbia Harbor House: One of my fav's. Tuna salad was refreshing and tasty. Kettle cooked chips were a nice change from fries. Apple fritter was the best CS dessert I had the whole week. We sat upstairs and looked at the Mansion while we ate..

Ohana: Been here before, and it was better back then. Welcome Bread and salad were good. Noodles needed some soy sauce or something, wontons-eh, broccoli tasted odd, and the meats were tough. The shrimp wasn't deveined (gross) or even de-legged. Dessert was fabulous! At Tambu Lounge: the "Backscratcher" was a nice drink, but the Lapu Lapu was disgustingly strong! And I like my drinks a little on the strong side, mind you. It was like drinking gas out of a pineapple.

T-Rex: Nice place! We were seated in the "ice cave" which puts on a show every 20 minutes or so. After seeing the portion sizes coming from the kitechen here, we opted to share entrees and have an appetizer and dessert. (This meal was OOP, not on the DDP). The fried cheese appetizer was wonderful! The mozzarella sticks were typical, but the slice of warm fresh mozzarella was different and delicious. "Lava" soup was out of this world, one of the best creamy tomato soups I have tasted. Steak and cheese sandwich with fries was tasty, if a little greasy. Meteor Bites dessert was fun, yummy, and PLENTY for four people to share. Just be aware that portions here are massive!

Rose & Crown: Our favorite meal of the week. Surf and Turf with shallot gravy was delicious. I loved the side dishes, especially my first Yorkshire pudding. DS had a weird pork dish with spiced apples poured over a potato cake, so I shared my meal with him and still got full! The Sticky Toffee Pudding was divine. They also let us leave our table after dinner, go stand on the patio for Illuminations, and come back in for dessert. By the time we were done, Epcot was empty and we strolled to the exit with no crowds.

Sunshine Seasons: The Grilled Vegetable Flatbread was pretty good after I went and fetched some salt to put on it. Everyone liked their food here, from ciabatta sandwiches to rotisserie chicken. Dessert options are plentiful. We chose the strawberry shortcake, which was marred only slighty by the mouth-puckeringly sour berries. The other parts of the cake were good.

Over all, some very nice dining experiences!

Loyal WDW Fan Since 1983!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.

All sound good!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice reviews, thanks! I can't imagine going to 50s PrimeTime if you're not into the interaction. Maybe they didn't know what to expect, or I suppose some people do. I'm not into it. I haven't been. Sorry to hear that 'Ohana was lacking. The Lapu Lapu usually tastes really fruity and not as strong as it is. I wonder what happened with that.

Now I really want to go back to Boma.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 50's prime time

50's prime time was amazing-
    I'ver been to Disney over 25 x and never ate here. It was fab. OMG so GOOD!
    I had pot roast- and peanut butter nad jelly shake- delcious! DDp great selections

I just wanted to add- this...
    Coral Reef- was Fab 5 stars all the way.
    Service was excellent- as was the view and food.
    Great choice on DDP

Le Cellier-
    was a major let down
    I had to return my steak - as did my mom.
    I was so looking forward to it-
    Im sad to say I dont like it at all- will never return.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. We had the same experience at Ohana as you when we were there in '08. It used to be a not to be missed now I can do without. Maybe they will improve...
    What time did you make your reservation for Rose and Crown? We ate there in 2001 but haven't been back since. Not for any particular reason just wanted to try somewhere else but might like to try it again this trip. I'd like to time it the way you did and watch Illuminations then have dessert and leave when the crowds have thinned out, how peaceful

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your report, it sounds like you had a great trip.

I have to say we were disappointed in O'hana also when were there the last time. We had eaten there a few years ago and thought it was fantastic but it definitely wasn't the same quality on our last visit.

Love 50's Prime Time! One time when we ate there I didn't finish my veggies and our server seated me out in the middle of the floor and spoon fed them to me in front of everyone. Needless to say at that point I was laughing so hard that I couldn't swallow them.
    April 2015 - CSR
    May 2013 CSR
    December 2011 Bay Lake Towers
    May 2009 off site
    November 2007 off site
    December 2004 off site
    October 2003 off site
    Feburary 2002 Poly
    December 2000 CBR
    October 1999 CSR
    October 1994 off site
    May 1990 off site
    May 1984 off site
    November 1979 off site

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review on T-Rex. We will go there for the first time in 22 days. I have 3 boys and I think they will really like it. I have read on other posts that the portions were large and in charge, so they would be good to share. Thanks again!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Reviews!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You're quite welcome to all! I always enjoy reading dining reviews on Intercot, so I thought I'd throw my hand in this time around!

FanofDisney-Our ADR was 7:55-got seated around 8:10.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I think I will give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

Post Thanks / Like

Have to really agree on O"Hana it was terrible last time and they never refilled our sides not even once. I asked 3 times as I couldn't and wouldn't eat the meat. Raw to the bone and tough. Never going back. I was thinking of trying Le Celliar but I can get good steaks here in Texas and I am sure it will be nothing like a good steak around here so will not even go there as the reviews are not so good either. thanks for your report... be there in 60 days
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
    ...the Lapu Lapu was disgustingly strong! And I like my drinks a little on the strong side, mind you. It was like drinking gas out of a pineapple.

I've never heard it described that way! I agree - they're strong, but wowie, they do pack a punch. Did you finish it?
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

It was actually my DH's drink-I got the Backscratcher, which was strong but not overwhelmingly so. My DH had maybe 3 sips at the lounge, and I think he had the second and third just because the drink was like 12 or 13 bucks.

We carried the Lapu Lapu to our table when we were seated (my Backscratcher was long gone by then) and every now and then one of us would take a sip from it and shudder violently. When our meal was done, we lifted the "lid" and saw we had barely made a dent in this thing.

Usually, I complain about a drink not being strong enough, but next time I open my mouth to gripe, I'll remember the Lapu Lapu and be quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!! Thank you for sharing.

One question.....where was the veggie flatbread at Sunshine Seasons? That is something I will feed DS when we are there next week (he can't eat meat)
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews. we have Adrs for Rose and Crown and Boma in December.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

The reviews on this thread are making me feel a LOT better about not being able to get Le Cellier & Ohana adrs.
    I am getting obsessed with clicking on that durned website!!!

Here are my adrs for dec, tell me what you think:
    -Marrakesh
    -California Grill
    -Hollywood & Vine (F! package)
    -Boma
    -Garden Grill

(this will be our 3rd WDW visit but our 1st DDP)

aj
    CSR - Dec 2009
    POFQ - Jan 2007
    All Star Music - Oct 2003

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reviews!!
    I had a bad experience at prime time also We just had an awful server who didn't do anything special.
    We were in awe of people in the next room that had laughter coming from it the whole time. We kind of felt so left out I will not go back again unless I get the urge to try again in hope to get a better server.
    This is coming from a person who had their 30 30th bday celebration in Whispering Canyon and had to ride a horse around the restaurant singing happy birthday to myself. Now that is what I call entertainment and a great server! LOL
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Ajpa-the only one on your list we have actually tried is Boma, and I think you'll like it! The others sound fun, though. I hope to try them in the future.

Joannelet-LOL, the server you had at 50's would have been well suited to the couple next to us! When the waitress (she was super) called the man "Skippy" I honestly thought he was going to get up and leave. Diff'rent strokes, you know...it would be equally disheartening to go there expecting a fun time and a story to tell, and end up with a normal server.

Our funniest moment was when the waitress came up behind our two VERY shaggy-haired teen boys. She addressed them as ladies and when they turned around, she started making a fuss over their hair, hollering for the "smallest bowl in the kitchen"...after she walked away I had to explain about bowl cuts-they had no idea what she was talking about, but DH and I were hysterical...

Still smiling imaging someone having to ride a stick horse around singing "Happy Birthday To Me"...LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MistressGracey View Post
    Ohana: . . . The shrimp wasn't deveined (gross) or even de-legged.
    Eeeww, now I'm having second thoughts about our reservation in January. I thought everyone raved about this place!? Shrimp is one of the few things I eat (besides veggies) - bud NOT that way!!
    DVC Owner since 2005: SSR
    DVC Owner since 2011: AKV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: