Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2009 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you... I will wait and see..... my DH would laugh at that thought.
    Returning August 2012
    November 2010- FW
    Oct 2009 - FW
    Sept 2007 - FW
    Sept 2005 - FW
    Sept 1997 - All Star Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Chris, another question re: the cold front (actually, any big cold front hitting FL, really...) -- is a big cold front always precipitated by some serious rain moving through (no pun intended... ) or can it arrive w/o a storm? Happens both ways up here, so just wondering if the front you're expecting to hit later this month will bring some serious rains with it, or maybe not...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Chris, another question re: the cold front (actually, any big cold front hitting FL, really...) -- is a big cold front always precipitated by some serious rain moving through (no pun intended... ) or can it arrive w/o a storm? Happens both ways up here, so just wondering if the front you're expecting to hit later this month will bring some serious rains with it, or maybe not...
    Good question. And, yes, they can sometimes push through without much of a rain event. It depends how much moisture is available when the front pushes through. I've seen several fronts push through Orlando with little to no rain. Right now the majority of the models are showing the Gulf wide open and plenty of moisture available for this front later this month, which would means a good rain event. However, keep in mind that the normal pattern for Florida means an intense squall line that lasts less than an hour followed by 2-3 hours of gentler rain. We'll see if that "normal" pattern follows in this case. Meteorologically speaking this is still a long way off.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Love the info. I'll be watching this thread and your updates daily... ok, i'm a liar. I'll be watching like every 2-3 hours!
    Lol, well, in general I only update once a day unless someone has specific questions, but you can keep checking.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for talking to The Boss for us. Things are looking better for next week!
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Chris, my trip may still be in voodooland right now, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris == what happened to the "good word" you were putting in with the big guy.....I know it rains every day in Florida somewhere, but can't it rain in Miami this Friday and not Orlando!?!?!? haaaahhaaaaahaaaahaaaaa!!! I guess we'll be donning our ponchos and wading thru AK this Friday! It couldn't have been on Thursday when we are planning a waterpark day now could it?!?!? Oh well......we're going to be warmer than we are at home!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppysmom View Post
    Hey Chris == what happened to the "good word" you were putting in with the big guy.....
    I sent the memo, but the Boss doesn't always follow my advice. Don't worry too much, though, I don't think it'll be an all day rain. Timing is still a little iffy, but the current models are showing the rain hitting Orlando late in the afternoon so you should be good most of the day. In fact, it's possible it might not even hit until after AK closing. I know you'll have a good time no matter what, but here's hoping it holds off a little for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Not as hot as we thought it was going to be... but, mid 70-80's next week sound great! We just may not be taking the kids to swim as much as we thought!

Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Not as hot as we thought it was going to be... but, mid 70-80's next week sound great! We just may not be taking the kids to swim as much as we thought!
    Keep in mind that the pools are all heated, so it should be plenty comfortable enough to swim as long as you don't get too cold walking to and from the room.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Keep in mind that the pools are all heated, so it should be plenty comfortable enough to swim as long as you don't get too cold walking to and from the room.
    Well, we're from Michigan... so, we'll be swimming no matter what! We went to WDW in January one year. It was one of those pretty cold nights for Florida... about 50... you could see the steam rising from the pool. There we were... 6 crazzies with winter coats over our bathing suits. But, we swam and we loved it. It was freezing running back to the villa. But, we weren't coming home without saying that we got to swim in January!
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the good news coming!! We are leaving in 3 days and will be arriving in the World in 4!!!

Weather sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Keep the good news coming!! We are leaving in 3 days and will be arriving in the World in 4!!!

Weather sounds great!

(although we still have a week to wait, and are still mostly in voodooland... )
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes... I've got to learn to keep my "yippees" to myself... the last two times I've cheered the forecast, the next forecast has had rain added to it!! This time, it's the "massive front" on the 27th... that'd be bad, bad, bad, as it's our MNSSHP night! I'm going to just cross my fingers and hope that the front changes... I'll take it any evening but that one!! (Of course, then it'd probably mess up somebody else's plans... sorry!! )

Here's to believing in the changeable power of voodooland....
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Here's to believing in the changeable power of voodooland....
    That's the one thing you can always depend on with voodooland...it always changes.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously???!!! I know it's voodooland.. but really?? We switched our trip from Jan. to Nov. thinking we would get away from those cold, rainy days and you're telling me the possibility is there that it will rain and turn cold? Seriously??! In Nov.?? We're there from 11/1--11/8. We can't win on the weather department! Make it go away, please!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BiloxiMom View Post
    We can't win on the weather department! Make it go away, please!
    Like I told some of the others...I'll be glad to send the Boss a memo for you, but no promises. Just don't shoot the messenger!

Seriously, though, it is voodooland so don't panic too much just yet. That said, it is keeping in line with the general pattern I spoke about back in the summer, which is for a cooler/wetter fall (last week's aberration aside). Hopefully it won't be too bad for you and I promise to give you the best guess I can either way so you'll be prepared.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the great report. We'll be leaving in less than 10 hours for our 2 day road trip to the World.

We're going to the MNSSHP on Thursday night and it sounds great! A possible shower we can deal with, 60 in the evenings we can definitly deal with and mid 70's to mid 80's sounds like heaven to us. Right now it is in the upper 30's. Can't wait, we love evenings in jeans and sweatshirts and days with shorts and a t-shirt. Sounds like its exactly what we're hoping for.

Can't hardly wait...

Post Thanks / Like

Question

So, we leave Thursday, and it's looking more like shorts & tank tops weather than the capris and tee-shirts weather it looked like we were going to have, temperature-wise.

That being said, is there really the possibility of rain every day?? I know that fronts can last awhile, one blew in during our last trip and it was rainy from about 9am - 1pm, then it became beautiful. But what about the pop-up rain showers and t'storms??

Between this site and a few others, there looks to be a significant chance of some serious rain events throughout our trip. (We don't go home 'til the 1st)

Are we looking at a much wetter 10 days than normal, do you think?? Or are fall rains still as quick as summer ones??

I'm thinking our ponchos are going to get more use than just for wet rides...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

That being said, is there really the possibility of rain every day?? I know that fronts can last awhile, one blew in during our last trip and it was rainy from about 9am - 1pm, then it became beautiful. But what about the pop-up rain showers and t'storms??
    The "pop up" variety showers are still the quick type, just like in the summer. Yes, there's a chance every day, but I really think the chance is pretty slim. 20% tops. So, I wouldn't worry too much about those. The big concern is the fronts. They are generally 1 day things, and this afternoon the models showed them not making it through at all. If that's the case then you'll see warmer, drier weather. If one does make it, though, that changes the temp forecast in a hurry and right now the models are all over the place, so I can't really say which way it'll go for the moment. Hopefully soon.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: